This is an older hotel that could really use a decor update. It's a typical atrium style all-suite property with fountains and plants in the center, and two-room suites with a living room in front and bedroom in the back. Though the rooms were spacious, it was all too obvious that this was a very well-used older property. Paint was chipped in corners (I don't usually notice a little here and there, but this was very noticeable), curtains and furniture looked very 90s, and everything in general just appeared very dated.
The bed was also a bit of a problem, a King bed which had a serious scoop in the mattress from where single sleepers would sleep. Not too big a deal (I just slept on the opposite side of the bed), but they could use a mattress turn once in a while. Saw some different colored hairs on the ceiling of the shower, and the tub took a while to drain. The air conditioning was the most annoying of all...unlike most hotels which allow you to run the fan constantly (even when not cooling), this one would repeatedly shut off after a few minutes. When the fan wasn't running, you could easily hear noise from all over the hotel. I didn't mind the traffic noise from outside (though if you do mind it, this is not the hotel for you), but the walls were very thin and I could easily hear TVs and conversations from other rooms when the AC wasn't on.
I also wasn't fond of paying to park, especially since this wasn't near the beach or in a cramped area of downtown to warrant it. And 17 dollars a night?! Rip off.
On the plus side, though it didn't advertise it as free, the wireless internet worked with no charge and worked well, and the staff at check-in and check-out were all very pleasant. The location of the hotel is excellent, lots of restaurants, a Publix and a Winn Dixie next door, and easy access to the Las Olas area. The location is so nice it makes me sad that I wouldn't stay here again...the annoying AC system, dated rooms, and expensive parking just aren't worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale