“Great Place to Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Ranked #38 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here prior to a cruise and were more that pleased with the location & service. The breakfast served was the best. We plan on returning as on our next trip. Staff was friendly & helpful. Night time open bar Plus.

Room Tip: Street side room has traffic sounds.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very nice hotel-only a short ride to the airport, beach and cruise terminal. There were a few shopping options within walking distance which made picking up last minute vacation items easy. The morning breakfast was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel offers transportation from airport to hotel to cruise ship . We booked Marriott and we were disappointed with NO travel arrangements. After our cruise, we booked Embassy and really enjoyed it . Lovely 2 hour reception and they were VERY helpful with airport transportation. Not free, but worry free service. Did I mention the great breakfast too ?
This is a greAt hotel with great service !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank druggist1Newport
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have stayed at this particular hotel several times before cruises. This location is ideal for anyone going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have stayed here with my family prior to several cruises and if you are staying on a Saturday or Sunday, expect the hotel to be crazy with cruise people. My understanding and experience is that on the non crusing days, it isn't as busy. Located to numerous restaurants and shops within walking distance, we have found that this is a fine hotel. As some has indicated, the hotel itself is a bit outdated and warn out, but overall nice amenities. They have a beautiful courtyard that has a nice continental breakfast and free happy hour with beer, wine, mixed drinks, soft drinks and snacks. Very nice pool with a waterfall going into the pool. Parking can be a hassle, but tolerable. The staff are very friendly (at least everyone I have encountered)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bigdaddycool492
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent, well managed property. My wife and I enjoyed our stay as we arrived a s day early for a cruise. The hotel is located less than a mile from Port Everglades, and is located in a safe section of town. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 762stevev
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel, its amenities and staff are top notch! From check in to check out we were treated good, the food, was great the staff were very friendly, the free evening drinks from 530pm to 730pm were appreciated and enjoyed. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tremaine B
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Typically a lover of Embassy Suites and still am. Staff for the most part, cordial. Great location, lots of places to eat, shop nearby. Near the convention center. I give this hotel one star for two reasons. First of all, I left my bags in the 'lock-up' room because my room was not ready upon arrival and I went to a conference. When I came back and got my bags and computer, they were there, but clearly someone had gone through my suitcase. How do I know? The hangers were hanging out the top, they'd gone through, but they didn't bother to put the hangers back fully, so they were sticking out the top and the zippers of the luggage were on either side. It was as though they wanted me to know they went through it. And, upon opening, my things were not packed as they were when I left my home. Secondly, it is 1030 at night, I have a 8 AM flight and can't go to sleep because my bill is *&$%@ up and I'm trying my best to get it straight. Not to bore you with the details but after 3 tries, based on a very (what seems to me) simple change, it still isn't right. And dealing with the manager on duty, I think Jeff....he was rude, talked over me on the phone, I had to ask him to listen to me as I tried to explain what was going on, he told me a charge was not made, although I was there when it was done, I see it on the TV but not on my paper bill and, I've been told my rate was $199 a night, and I've been told my rate was $199 for the first two nights and 99 for the other nights, but when speaking to the manager, I'm told it's 199. I don't care so much about that, that is what I planned to spend, but I really just need to know what my bill is, be charged correctly and go home without the manager who was clearly annoyed telling me he'd get my bill to me, like whatever, I'll get someone to bring it to you. (I asked if I should come down to get a new bill). Would I stay here again, probably not, there are a lot of other hotels nearby, I'll try one of them next time. Would I recommend this property, probably not, as a travel agent, I would not want my clients to go thorough this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Please accept my apologies for your experiences at our hotel. I would like to personally speak to you about them. I can be reached at don.friedman@hilton.com. I will be discussing your review with my bell captain and Manager on Duty. At this point until I know more specifics, all I can do it apologize and rest assured I will personally look into it. I can tell you that most of my staff has been here for many years. I look forward to speaking to you.

Sincerely

Don Friedman GM

Travellers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#23 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
#42 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#55 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#32 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street? Share your experiences!