Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Ranked #40 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Beautiful pool and sitting area. Near a shopping mall which is very convenient. Also right around the corner from the port. I will stay again! Only problem I had was ice machine was broken on our floor and the breakfast food was average and crowded.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Tabitha T

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had a wonderful 5 day stay at Embassy Suites of Ft. Lauderdale while there on business. It is a great place to stay with many restaurants within walking distance. Everything was beyond by expectations including the staff. I would especially like to commend Kathleen who went above and beyond to help me. My mother came along with me for the week and after we got home to the Orlando area she discovered the next morning that she had left a box with all of her earrings in the room. One pair was of particular sentimental value to her as they belonged to my 90 year old grandmother who passed away just 6 weeks prior. Mom was devastated! In a panic I called the hotel and spoke with Kathleen. Kathleen went out of her way to make sure they were located and contacted me to let me know they were found (along with a few other items mom unknowingly left behind). Kathleen advised they would be mailed to my home address. My mom was so relieved that she cried. I cannot begin to say how pleased I am with this hotel and the graciousness of the staff. God bless Kathleen for all her help. I will definitely stay here every time I travel to Ft. Lauderdale from here on out. In my years of traveling this was one of the best experiences I have had by far.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my second visit to this particular hotel. For me the location is perfect. All of your basic needs outside of the hotel are within a ten minute walk. Lots great resturants within walking distance, close to the airport, (but not noisy) Port Everglades is just down the road, you can be on Ft. Lauderdale beach in 15 minutes. The hotel and the staff are great. Very accomodating. Great pool area too. Will be returning next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Parking is $18 per day for self-park. The parking lot is terrible. There are multiple exits but you can only access lot through front of building and have to wait for parking attendants to lift gate. One attendant waved me through but proceeded to close the gate when I was half way through. The exits have keypads but you are not given a code to re-enter that way and must go through the main entrance. There was a large bee hive in one of the trees in the parking lot and employees were attempting to smoke out the bees while we were there. My co-worker fell in the center of the hotel after tripping on the cobblestones and injured her knee. Hotel management only gave her an ice pack and their primary concern was about her filling out the accident report. Rooms are nice with two televisions. Bathrooms could be cleaner, especially the floor. Other than the terrible parking arrangement if you want to self-park, the hotel is nice.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay $18 a night for self-park or $20 for valet. Self-park lot is terrible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 101Business101
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale prior to Cruising out of Miami. Great location to stay at if flying into Ft. Lauderdale and Cruising out of Miami. Hotel amenities/room/location were great. We booked the Cruise Miami package and the transportation service from the Airport to the hotel and the next day to to the Miami Cruise Terminal was great, our driver was very informative and provided exceptional service.

3  Thank rich A
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Embassy Suites prior to our recent cruise. The hotel was very nice and accomadating. The shuttle service will pick you up at the airport for an $8 per person charge-the airport is busy so be sure and go to the signs were the shuttle picks you up at a circle drive area. Also, they offer shuttle service to the cruise port for $8 per person. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast with pastries, omelets, eggs and other breakfast foods. In the afternoon there is a manager's reception with chips, salsa and free drinks by the pool which was nice. Behind the hotel is a shopping center where the Sun Trolley will pick you up for $3 per day hop on and off. Overall a very nice stay and on our next cruise we plan to stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TimandShannon
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here before embarking on a Royal Caribbean cruise. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is always wonderful. The evening manager reception had drinks and munchies which was a nice pre-dinner appetizer. I have learned that is more economical to book just the room and take a taxi from the airport and to purchase transfers to the port on arrival than to book the "Cruise and Stay package". I would stay here again.

3  Thank bambam26
Travellers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#22 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#57 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#14 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street? Share your experiences!