This hotel was ok. Staff was mostly pleasant, even though the person that checked me in obviously did not listen to anything I said. I asked for a quiet room and was put on the backside of the hotel, away from traffic noise, but right in front of the elevator. I added the other names on my room and they were never put on at checking causing a problem later down the road. The breakfast was the usual Embassy Suites, so it's good. These were the two things that saved the review from being two star. While the rooms are spacious and have a fridge and microwave - they are NOT clean. My room had been somewhat recently redone and obviously that was the last time it was really cleaned. Which is a shame since it's so much easier to maintain than deep clean. Mark on the wall, no problem it will still be there when you get back. Splatter from the sink on the wall - ditto. When I checked in there was hair and contact lenses on the vanity. I killed a roach on my pillow one night and it ended up slightly under front of vanity, where it stayed in plain sight until I checked out. There was also other people's hair clips on the corner of the bottom mattress and floor by where you have to lean over when you change the sheets, these were here for the duration of my stay. My allergies really kicked up when I spent time in this room. Either with all the dust from not being cleaned or the air vent , which it appears has never been cleaned. The fitness center was spacious and well equipped, however the equipment is definitely showing its age and is not maintained or cleaned in any way. There were several days that it appeared the area was not even serviced for towels or cups for water. Public areas are dirty, with the exception of the food area. I really watched the food area! Did not go to happy hour since I am not a big HH fan. Did not utilize the beautiful and sizable pool area. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants close by. The parrots were funny though. They need couples therapy! They are vocal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale