“Nice place - great location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Ranked #39 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights prior to a cruise on June 13 & 14. We had 3 rooms and 10 people, ages ranging from 15 to 63. We enjoyed the managers reception each night and the complimentary breakfast. The weather was great so we also got to enjoy some time at the pool. The hotel area was busy but the pool area was not so we didn't have any trouble getting lounge chairs. We also used the shuttle to the pier and that was reasonably priced and very convenient. There are many restaurants within walking distance and the Sun Trolley goes right by the hotel.

This hotel is not on the waterway but some rooms do have a view of the cruise ports and the ships.

We are planning on staying here again in February.

1  Thank luvixtapa
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We opted to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and spend the night before our cruise. The Embassy Suites was very conveniently located to the airport/cruise terminal and restaurants. Our hotel stay was very comfortable. We had a shampoo leak in one of our suitcases, and the housekeeping manager Jeree was very very helpful. (I was looking for a dryer to dry the clothes I had rinsed out, and she offered to take my clothes and dry them for me). It was very much appreciated!!

The hotel was walking distance to Carlos & Pepe's a good mexican restaurant also. Pool area was very nice - wasn't able to enjoy b/c of rain.

My only complaint would be the breakfast. It was very very busy, and it seemed as though they were closing some stations (cereal, fruit) before the breakfast was over. Seating isn't the most convenient either.

Overall, a very good stay. Would stay again. Traveled with my husband and 4 children - 12,11, 8 & 5.

Room Tip: Ask not to face 17th Street.
2  Thank DeepaKellar
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while attending a conference in Ft Lauderdale. The suite was huge with a spacious bedroom. The decor is quite dated, but I like such old & solid furniture compared to the replicas found in modern day hotels. The service while good wasnt exceptional. The living room had a comfortable couch & a writing table with a TV. The bedroom had a large king sized bed with an old wooden wardrobe. The location of the hotel is very convenient to the cruise centre & there are plenty of essential stores (CVS, Publix etc.) around for groceries & other stuff. I booked through a group discount & the hotel was very reasonably priced compared to other properties around which just offered a single room.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floors have Keurig coffee machines & are preferred compared to the ones on...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nikonlensman
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. I am glad that we also provided good service, but will continually work to provide exceptional service. I appreciate that you commented on our value. When you include everything we offer we are one of the best values in Fort Lauderdale given that our rate includes the suite, breakfast and the manager's reception, not to mention our great location withing walking distance to over 40 restaurants and shops. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I and 6 friends stayed here in May as a pre Caribbean cruise hotel just for one night as it was close to Port Everglades. The hotel staff were pleasant and professional. We asked for early check in and they were able to accommodate our request. Our room was dated but had a comfy bed and a separate lounge area. We were able to use their friendly hotel shuttle service for $5 pp, to drop us to downtown Fort Lauderdale as we also had a river cruise booked that afternoon and we were picked up after the cruise also. When we arrived back there was time for us to enjoy the free happy hour drinks and snacks that the hotel offered and afterwards we walked to the Outback Restaurant" close by. Breakfast was very good. The next morning we had an airboat tour booked and we were able to leave our luggage locked up after we checked out while we were on the tour. After we arrived back we used their shuttle service to drop us to Port Everglades for $8 pp. We were not able to use Wi-Fi there. I believe it is available if you use their business centre. I definitely recommend the Embassy Suites as a pre cruise hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jane56

Thank you for staying with us and your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and that my staff took good care of you. I am glad that the transportation worked out for you as well as you enjoying our manager's reception and breakfast. Again thank you for staying with us and hopefully you will choose us again on a return visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was amazed when I called to book my room for two night that they would not match the discount websites rate of $149. Being a HUGE fan of Hilton and having stay numerous times at Hilton Hotel World Wide I am very disappointed, spoke to a woman named Lauren who refused to give me her extension or employee id, she told me that those rooms are best efforts and I won't get the deal. Yes Hotels.com got me the deal. Crazy. Guess loyalty doesn't count anymore

Room Tip: Not on 17th st
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am not sure what happened when you booked your reservation but our website always has the same rate as the third party websites. I am not sure rate was coming up, but maybe it was a package rate or special rate. I also apologize for the agent's handling of the situation. Again thank you for your comments. We do value our guest's opinion, especially our Hhonors guests.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for four days while my husband attended a conference. Our first impressions were very positive, the lobby is really cool, open and airy and sunny. Check in was relatively smooth, and then up to the room. The room is dated; we went through several electronic keys, the bathroom had spots and mould, and the pull out couch was not put back properly and I am not sure it could be at this point. It was a relatively clean room, and all the facilities worked properly and the beds were comfortable. The cleanliness of the bathroom left me wanting better and as per the instructions in the dated and messy information book I left a message with the hotel manager who never followed up. I also attempted to reach the font desk, no answer.

What compensated for those points above was the hot breakfast bar (awesome - not necessarily the food it was average, but its very existence), Manager Cocktail hour yes please! and the pool area (so tropical and nice). Concierge was helpful and attentive, front desk staff was so hit or miss, sometimes warm and wonderful, sometimes seething with resentment and unhappiness.

We did not use the transportation as we rented a car, and yes we paid $25/day for parking. Now that I am familiar with the place I wouldn't, I would have parked in the complex behind. Great location for restaurants and grocery stores, 5 minutes drive from the beach.

Room Tip: They are identical, we were in 550, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah154960

Thank you for staying with us and your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our manager's reception and breakfast. I apologize for the front desk staff's inconsistencies and have passed your comments on to them. I am sorry that a manager did not get back to you. I am happy to say that we are currently going through an intensive deep cleaning and maintenance program with me personally inspecting each room as completed. This summer we are installing a new guest room lock system as well as renovating the guest corridors. Once again thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was ok. Staff was mostly pleasant, even though the person that checked me in obviously did not listen to anything I said. I asked for a quiet room and was put on the backside of the hotel, away from traffic noise, but right in front of the elevator. I added the other names on my room and they were never put on at checking causing a problem later down the road. The breakfast was the usual Embassy Suites, so it's good. These were the two things that saved the review from being two star. While the rooms are spacious and have a fridge and microwave - they are NOT clean. My room had been somewhat recently redone and obviously that was the last time it was really cleaned. Which is a shame since it's so much easier to maintain than deep clean. Mark on the wall, no problem it will still be there when you get back. Splatter from the sink on the wall - ditto. When I checked in there was hair and contact lenses on the vanity. I killed a roach on my pillow one night and it ended up slightly under front of vanity, where it stayed in plain sight until I checked out. There was also other people's hair clips on the corner of the bottom mattress and floor by where you have to lean over when you change the sheets, these were here for the duration of my stay. My allergies really kicked up when I spent time in this room. Either with all the dust from not being cleaned or the air vent , which it appears has never been cleaned. The fitness center was spacious and well equipped, however the equipment is definitely showing its age and is not maintained or cleaned in any way. There were several days that it appeared the area was not even serviced for towels or cups for water. Public areas are dirty, with the exception of the food area. I really watched the food area! Did not go to happy hour since I am not a big HH fan. Did not utilize the beautiful and sizable pool area. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants close by. The parrots were funny though. They need couples therapy! They are vocal!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank summitsvs

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. The only way we can improve our service is by listening to our guests. I apologize for the condition of your room and would appreciate if you have the time to email the room number, so I can personally check it and take care of the issues. Once again, please accept my apologies. All I can ask is that you give us another opportunity to show you that we can meet your expectations.