Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Ranked #40 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Very pleased”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Can't talk enough about Jessica, Carol and Dianna...great reps for this property. Jessica is so friendly and helpful, smiles and courteous. Carol, knowledgeable and friendly. Oh, hotel was nice, too but definitely ask for room facing away from 17th street. Pool gorgeous, hotel decor, nice, rest of staff, friendly. Will definitely come back

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank njpharmgirl6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Okay, I generally hate Embassy Suites everywhere I go BUT this place is like a Motel 8 pretending to be an Embassy Suites! Actually not true:I have stayed in much better Motel 8's. I checked in late- after 10pm, lug my things through a dark isolated parking lot, it has just rained so I had to literally wade through ankle deep water- no way around! Then I get in the room and it smells like a tobacco bar- my lungs actually seized up. I call down to get another room and keep getting someone's voicemail. And I wish I could upload a picture of the breakfast .... I threw up in my mouth! Oh! And I could actually feel myself getting older as I waited for the elevator!

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Angie P
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This location is really in need of some TLC and has become very run down over the past 5 Years. While the staff works hard the building itself is in very sad shape. I will not stay with my family at this location again... With so many other options in the area why settle for this location. Sorry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2 Thank Mark U
Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

BIG rooms and clean. Our room was a bit dated and the bathroom as well. But it was clean.
We had an issue with no lock on our balcony door, but we called down and maintenance came up right away and put a new look in it.
Elevators were super slow, and there were no one around wanting to use them so not sure why we had to wait all the time for one. One time we waited over 5 min.
Buffet is great and has everything you need. Had a steak (to die for) in restaurant at night which was a pleasant surprise. Friendly staff all around.
Close walk to CVS or Winn Dixie for food etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank drumbumcanada
Adel, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very helpful staff and so clean. I can't say I have ever been this please with how clean my hotel room was and continued to be every day. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay again in my future business travel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Nice place for the money, saves you a ton of money and hassle with free breakfast for the family. Not close enough to walk to the beach, but plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Only thing missing is free wifi. Can't understand why cheap hotels can give free wifi but the big ones want to nickel and dime you for everything else.

Stayed June 2014
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and appreciate your comments. We are are great value when you consider the extra room in the suites, complimentary breakfast our manager's reception and our location within walking distance of over 40 restaurants and shops. Again thank you for your comments and staying with us.

Sincerely;

Don Friedman General Manger Don.Friedman@hilton.com
Chapin, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here on June 20 before our cruise. I love Embassy Suites, but this one is in great need of renovating! It feels dirty! The furniture in the room was torn and worn. The balcony door wouldn't even lock. We cancelled our reservation for our return stay after our cruise.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Natalie782
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that you cancelled your future reservations. We just renovated our lobby, atrium and meeting rooms and begin our hallway renovation in August. Our suites were renovated several years ago, but we actively maintain them. Our pictures online are current and were just taken this April. I would love to know what room you were in so I can personally check it and make sure that everything is working and clean. Once again thank you for staying for us. We can only improve our services by listening to our guests. All I can ask is that you try us again , so we can show you that we can meet your expectations.

Sincerely;

Don Friedman General Manager Don.Friedman@hilton.com
Travellers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#23 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
#43 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#32 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#54 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street? Share your experiences!