I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Fort Lauderdale every January for the past ten years. I was a guest before, and I have been a guest after, the renovation. I like this hotel. I have always received good service. My room was nicely appointed, attractive and clean. A breakfast and Manager's reception is offered each day. The restaurant has been renovated since my last stay and it is much nicer than the previous restaurant.
Having said all of that, there are a few issues with this hotel. I don't understand why this hotel insists on making guests pay for parking and internet use; particularly when hotels with much more reasonable rates offer free parking and free internet.
I had room service bring a meal to my room one night. Room service adds a $3.00 room service charge, taxes, and a 22 percent gratuity. A salad and two beers cost $34.00! I thought that this cost was a little steep.
The elevators in this hotel are insufficient to handle the amount of traffic at peak times of the day. On the weekends, the wait for an elevator may be as long as five or six minutes, and once it arrives, it will likely be full, requiring guests to wait for the next elevator. I resorted to using the stairs to and from my seventh floor room. To be fair, one of the elevators was out of service, but it was out of services for the entire five days I was at the hotel. The hotel stated that the elevators are in the process of being renovated to improve their operation and service.
I happened to be staying at the hotel during this year's cold snap, when nightime temperatures were approaching freezing. The hotel was cold. It wasn't unbearably cold, but it was uncomfortably cold. Despite the room thermastat being able to be adjusted up to 80 degrees, the actual temperature in my room was between 60 and 65 degrees, and the atrium was even colder. That was an unusual situation that was not uncommon in many other commercial buildings in south Florida during this period, but it was unexpected.
Music is played in the atrium at all times. I really don't know why, but it becomes annoying after a while. Luckily, it was not discernable from the bedroom of the suite.
Finally, and this is a minor point, they no longer offer biscuits and gravey at breakfast.
I will continue to stay at this hotel and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale