Stayed here before a cruise. Suite cost after taxes/fees was $320. Dinner with so/so food and really bad service was another $50. Our bed was AWFUL. We got a king size bed that was bowed in the middle and so my wife and I were tilting towards the center of the bed. I couldn't believe it. We were all so tired we decided to deal with it rather than request another room, but I was upset. This hotel is an old hotel that was refurbished. There was nice new furniture in the room, but popcorn ceiling textures. The bathtub and shower staff were very outdated. This hotel was NOISY. The balcony door doen't close properly so car noise came through that way, on the side of the room that faces the hotel, you have lots of noise rise up through the hotel. The breakfast buffet was OK. They give you tickets for it because you supposedly pay for it, but nobody checked tickets and I assume you could just walk up and eat without paying for the buffet. Nice. The people out front pointed me to the back of the hotel when I mentioned I was told by the concierge to wait out front for my cruise shuttle. Bewildered, I walked back to the concierge and she said go out front. I told her the people out front to me to go out back. The concierge came with me out front and set the girl straight. How annoying. The cruise shuttle included with my hotel rate left on time and only took about 15 minutes to get to the pier. There is a Public grocery store just a 2 minute walk behind the hotel in a strip mall which was nice (you can walk there without having to cross any streets). Overall I was unhappy with this hotel and will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale