Stayed at the Embassy Suites 17th St, Ft Laud, post-cruise for 3 nights Feb 2010. All the staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the Concierge ladies. The hotel is modern, nicely furnished and clean looking. We arrived early but they did their best to get us a room as soon as one was cleaned and turned-around. We got the keys to our room 3 hours ahead of normal check-in time.
Past the lobby is a large internal courtyard where the hotel's own restaurant (The E Spot) is located. The hot buffet breakfast area is also located here. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice but closed at 9am weekdays (10am weekends) which is a little early when you are on vacation. Hotel bar is comfortable and shows sports on large TV. Bar staff very friendly and polite but the bar closes 11pm, which again is a little too early.
Being from the UK where hotel rooms are generally small, we were very pleased with the well equipped room which was large, clean and very comfortable. Flatscreen TVs in both the living room and bedroom with a good range of channels. Bed was huge and very comfy.
There is a fantastic well-maintained pool area with a large heated and very clean pool. Also jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. There is a small bridge over a Carp pool from where you can have fun feeding these massive fish. Loads of towels available poolside so no need to bring your own from the room. Could easily spend a whole day relaxing in this lovely pool area.
Plenty of restaurants close to the hotel ranging from good quality Steakhouses to the normal comfort food outlets (McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Dennys). But try the hotel's own Pizza - best pizza I ever had! There's an Irish pub right opposite the hotel serving good choice of beers. Supermarkets close-by: Walgreens (5 mins walk) and Publix (2 mins right behind the hotel).
Tip: check out the Rustic Inn Crabhouse restaurant at 4331 Ravenswood Road, Ft Laud. 15 mins taxi ride from hotel. Awesome seafood in a great, casual atmosphere. You'll remember this place forever!
The hotel has 3 free internet stations in the lobby and I didn't have to wait once to use one. There is also a very useful guest buisness office with 2 computer stations providing free internet and printer facility - which is great for checking-in for flights on-line and printing boarding passes.
The hotel has 2 coin operated guest laundries which are quick and cheap to use.
The beach is fairly close-by but a trolley or taxi ride is the best option. It can be walked but Ft Laud is really not the best city for walking to and from places. Concierge helped to arrange a half-day excursion to the Everglades including an Airboat ride and also transportation to the Sawgrass Shopping Mall (30 mins drive) which was huge and had all the best stores. If we had been staying here for more than 3 days then for sure we would have rented a car to get around places.
In summary this is a great hotel. We left feeling like we got real value for money and we look forward to using it again in the future. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale