“Ecstatically Surprised!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #80 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Ecstatically Surprised!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I am a 150+ night a year hotel dweller so I know my fair share of hotels, and I would have to rank this one up near the top of my list. It starts with the entrance and the very nice interior of the front desk area. Then the hotel reception kicks in as well. Jacques was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and willing to help you on every question and need you would need and knew were all the best places to dine and things to do. When me and my girlfriend walked in to check in, before we left he made sure that every question we had was answered. The room was very nice and the courtyard in the middle was fantastic. We spent our first day never leaving the hotel and just relaxing in the chairs by the pool and under the palm cabanas. Would definitively stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inner courtyard side. Cost a little more but the view is well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I had a splendid experience and got the best of customer service from a lady - Claudette who exhibited a high sense of empathy, pragmatism, flexibility and professionalism whilst carryout her responsibility. I spoke with her on phone and she was very pleasant. Upon my arrival at the hotel at about 11:00pm for a 3 days stay, i was attended to by another staff who gave me a room rate which i considered to be high so I decided to check out by the next day. I made another reservation at Extended Stay Hotel. Upon getting to the Customer Service desk, I met Claudette (for the first time). I informed her that I needed to check out and immediately she noticed my countenance and inquired why I wanted to check out, I told her for proximity reason and partly because of the rate. Immediately she offered to give me a rebate and also offered me a much better room with a better view by the pool side. In addition, Claudette provided me with all relevant directions I needed to get to certain places (malls, car rental etc). I would definitely visit this hotel again. I recommend it to anyone. Pls ask of Claudette when you arrive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool. I love the king size beds.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Port Orange
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Worst experience ever. The front desk staff lied to us 3 times in regards to room availability. Others in our party (a large group of families) arrived hours after us & received the poolside rooms that we were told were unavailable. We went ballistic & they fiinally agreed to move us, but our poolside room was a view of the clunky ice machine on the end of the building by the railroad tracks!! Yes, a railroad with frequent trains - esp. in the middle of the night. If you are anything other than a heavy sleeper, good luck. This is an old, dated hotel in need of a major overhaul. Put this hotel on the bottom of your list, but if you enjoy an unresponsive front desk full of liars in a noisy 70's environment, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TriplePickle

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Brea, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I'm not sure what I was thinking when i booked this, but I will never return. Wee got tp the Hotel and checked in to our room to notice our room looked like someone had slept in the bed. The counter area by the sink was a mess and there were no amenities like other hotels. We called the front desk and they were accomodating, but the next room was ok. However, I will say the bed linens seemed to be super thin and I slept on top of the bed for the night. We then went to the dining room for dinner. Had to wait over 10 minutes to be seated, when the piano player had to take a break, go in to the kitchen area and tell someone they had customers to be seated. When we were seated, we were not given menus. Our table looked nice until I took a closer look at the wine glass in front of me and there was lipstick all over the rim. Our poor waiter was so slow, even he didn't notice we did not have menus until he came to take our order. The best thing of the whole experience was the food. The room had no paper/pen or comment cards or information on things to do or places to go for eating/attraction. We were very disappointed with the room and couldn't wait to check out the next day. I've never had an experience like this one.

Room Tip: Go to a well known hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

My experience at the Palms was exceptional, I just had to share it! First of all the front desk clerk, Jacques, was so gracious with me. He handled my requests efficiently and effectively, and of course, above my expectations. Since then, because of him, I have sent many business partners, family and friends to stay at this hotel. There are also many other friendly staffers at the front desk, restaurant, pool and bar areas. This destination is a private paradise, close to 95 for easy access to other great destinations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

As working crew of the HAL, i thought to have an extra overnight in FLL just for some last minute shopping. The taxi ride over was already long cost us around $50. Upon arrival the wait was to long and when checkin-in the reservation was not there in the system. I showed them the conformation and after a shocking 30 min later we could finally go to our room. The room was okay view of the swimming pool, but the bathroom didn't seemed clean. When mentioning this to the front desk they didn't seem to care that much. There is a lot of noise in this hotel due to the fact there is a railway track right next to the hotel. The swimming pool was fine but the distances you need to travel in order to get somewhere were to much! The only really good thing was the Macdonalds next to the hotel.

I know now that it is better to pay a little bit more, then spending so much money on transportation instead of the 70 euro aka $100 dollar I payed in total around $200 dollars.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were staying up to 2 weeks on the fifth floor the housekeeping only clean one time it was Saturday The housekeeping clean up,after then the housekeeper just threw towel in the bathroom and left. Cigarette all over ,The manager doesn't seem like to bother has no clue whatsoever .
The front desk the French lady it was nice . I don't recommend to stay in this hotel more then one night it's not safe area. This place neeeds to call hotels impossible on food network !!

Room Tip: If you only need a place to sleep and drunk then you won't hear the train noise
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple