Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
US$187
US$107
US$101
RodewayInn
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$268
Travelocity
US$405
US$342
1,462 results
All reviewsuniversal palms hotelfront deskpool viewan upgradesouth floridajoelhousekeeperftlauderdaletiki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My sweetie and I came to Fort Lauderdale from Idaho to sight see and just be lazy, but i can honestly say that I wish that i would have actually chosen to spend more money on a better hotel. I read all the reviews i could find and everything seemed like it would be absolutely perfect for us...until i saw the room we were given. The pictures on the website and even on TripAdvisor are not at all what we were given. Our room was barely updated, the newest things in here were the bathroom counter-top and the lamps. There are rips in the carpet, dirt on the walls, the air conditioner is completely filthy and I have to be honest here, I don't know if the sheets were even changed before we got here. The t.v. is an old tube, with melted spots on the top of it, the nightstand in between both beds in our room was broken..the drawer kept falling through the inside...so everything we put in it was a hassle to get back out. The "in-room safe" doesn't work, and when we called to have maintenance come fix it he told us that they were all bad and that they were in the process of getting rid of all of them. I have several bug bites all over my body that just so happened to appear anytime i would lie in the bed...that seems a little sketchy in itself. The area the hotel is in is not the best neighborhood either, and we were approached outside the hotel by a woman who told us "she didn't have a gun" and when we asked her what she had said because we weren't sure we heard her the first time she repeated " I ain't got no ************* gun" I'll leave the word she used for your imagination...and then proceeded to ask for money to buy beer. We have also been given advice from the locals to stick to the main roads, and not to stray too far if possible, which really doesn't leave you too many options. There is a waffle house right next door (terrible food, and cold at best) and a mcdonald's, kfc, and a sub place all within a couple minutes to walk to, including three gas stations on each corner of the intersection by the hotel. If you plan on staying here and not renting a cab, there again would be another reason to rent a better hotel in a safer, closer place to where you want to shop or hang out. There is a train that runs by hourly that sounds the horn right next to the hotel, which shouldn't be an issue if you're from an area that has trains. Back to the room....the blankets are thin, the bed doesn't even have an actual sheet set on it, the sheets are both flat sheets instead of a fitted and a flat, they have what looked like a decorative blanket on the end of the bed, come to find out it looks just like a table runner. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, and upon asking for a different room they continued to avoid us-even to the point where when my boyfriend walked by the front desk the gal working popped her head out of the office then hurried back in as to not deal with confrontation...which is a huge problem considering we are staying here for a week, AND we saw SEVERAL better rooms that were available, and the parking lot has been damn near empty since the weekenders have gone home already. We also had several days when housekeeping would skip us completely, not sure if it was because they thought we were in the room or too busy trying to get all of the other rooms clean, there are a TON of rooms here...our room hasn't been vacuumed at all while we've been here...and you can tell. The pool was nice, pretty cold, but not hard to get used to. The elevator is a bit shady, and filthy as well. It hasn't been mopped or wiped down at all either, nor the lobby outside of it. The fitness center has 3 workout machines tops. The sign outside the hotel says the bar/lounge is open 7 days a week, but was closed sunday and monday. Welcome cocktails? Bologna. I beg you, please please please do yourself a favor and go somewhere else, even if you're on a budget...there has to be a better option than this.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, spend the extra money and get a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was at this hotel as I was flying in the night before getting on my cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale.

Got this hotel via Priceline for about $50 + fees/taxes. It is in the north Ft. Lauderdale Zone which is a bit of a trek from the hotel. Shared ride car took about 25 minutes with one other stop.

Hotel - A little old, but in good repair. Room was clean but had a bit of a musty smell I attribute to the air conditioner which is a unit below the window and despite running all the time and being pretty noisy could not keep the room at 68.

Pool - A very nice pool area with lots of chairs and morning shade. Several "veranda" style covered tables.

Free WiFi - Probably the best aspect of the hotel. It was available from the room and around the property including the pool.

Misc - The property is near a rail line and intersection so you will get the train horn all night. A short walk (less than a quarter mile) from a McDonalds.

Staff - Front desk staff were friendly on the check-in and I was issued the room keys with no hassles.

Would I stay again or recommend to a friend? Probably not but it wasn't bad and it was a decent 2.5 star hotel for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is a pit of despair. It’s noisy (there’s no way to avoid hearing the constant highway and train traffic passing by), filthy (our room walls looked like the interior of a fight club), and unkempt in general (beware -the website photos are in no way a reflection of this establishment). This is a worn down, old, trash hole. The concierge is very friendly and helpful, but beyond that, there’s not much going for this place. I stayed here for free and I regret it.

Room Tip: Stay away - this place is a dirty dump.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My name is Danny,

I have been here for 10 days and the service and the accommodations have been very good.
The hotel staff have been very helpful and friendly any time I need it help.

Specially a girl name Maritxa that have done everything possible to make my stay very pleasant and effective at the time I need it help.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My family and I stayed here for a few days before and after our cruise and the only positives I can say about it is that it is a good distance from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport and the cruise port. There is a tri-rail that runs directly behind the hotel which is so loud. Every time it goes through the crossing it blares its horn about five times so loudly it could wake the dead. This train runs every half hour or so so getting to sleep is a mission. There are three petrol stations, a waffle house, fast food restaurant, McDonald's and KFC to keep you occupied. Breakfast is only served Friday to Sunday, the pillows are so lumpy and the staff, like me, look like they wish they were somewhere else. The air conditioning units leak water, the room phone didn't work and the safes are rusted shut. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013