“Horrible beds”

Ranked #92 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Colonia
“Horrible beds”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The bed squeezed and springs moved every time I moved. The train blowing and whistling by made for a terrible night sleep. The plus side to the hotel is, that pool! The pool was beautiful and serene! Loved the pool lobby is nice too

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jillannefromnj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Omg.. where do I start. I guess at check-in. I was there for my baby sisters wedding, and i didn't know that she had requested rooms together, but I identified myself and the girl gave me a room key (on the first floor). We didn't recieve drink vouchers as we were promised on the website (which was fine seeing as we were exhausted). It had rained that day so the parking lot was a lake, so that made the short drive to the room exciting. After finding a dry spot so we could get out of the car without swimming we opened the door to our room to find concrete floors, and a room that smelled like mildew. We were too tired to care and we went to shower only to find no soap and no shampoo (there were dispensers for each, both empty). The beds were rock hard, the a.c. was almost louder than the trains that passed by every hour...almost. The bar in the lobby seems as though it was never opened, the t.v. was staticky with no channels, and the guest services people were rude. All that I could have dealt with. Seriously. But my baby sisters wedding reception was the kicker. Apparently they can't serve alcohol past 9 p.m. even though she had leased the room til 1 a.m. And they didn't tell her this until 8:55 p.m. Then when the few people who decised to stay and hang were eating cake, the staff started cleaning up the room like nobody was there. I don't mean taking the empties and staying out of the way. I mean rudely grabbing bottles and blowing out candles at tables people were still sitting at! Her coordinator stood at the door glowering at everyone, and acting like we ruined his night because we were hanging out at 9:15 in a room that was leased until 1 a.m. I Have never been in a more bootleg establishment, and I will NEVER go there again. It's cheap...all around.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Heather H
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2014

During the 30+ years I have been 'on the road' this is one of, if not the, worst hotel I have ever stayed at!

It advertises full hot breakfast buffet - but this morning when I asked where it is served... I was told it is only available Friday and Saturday. I picked up one of the 10 bright yellow signs around the lobby that promise a full breakfast buffet - and asked the receptionist to comment.... after a moment of thought she said "Ho, they must have forgotten to put the days it is available'!

Trains - if you like trains this is the place for you... for those that like to sleep.... stay away.
The trains run next to this note 24/7 and sound their horns as they approach the level-crossing outside the hotel...... It sounds like the train are IN the room with you.

The advertised restaurant is not open.

The quality of the room furnishings is abysmal.

The bed is the cheapest hardest, noisiest (cheap springs!) and most uncomfortable imaginable.

The cleanliness of the room is akin to the NYC subway.

The doors to the room show marks of where someone tried (or succeeded) to open them with a crowbar.

My advise - sleep in your car - you will get a better night's sleep!

Room Tip: If you need a good room - for a good night's sleep - chose another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dave H
Edgewater, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Beds were not comfortable .No fridge in the room .No free breakfast offered
Too expensive per night for the few amenities.Two seniors will go to a different hotel next stay.
The location was good for being close to the Isle of Capri Casino

Room Tip: Ask for pool side
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ricknjoy1
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel just to sleep and have a good and cheap breakfast when you wake up, then this hotel is nice...nice service, room clean...you get what you pay but in this case I'm impressed. ..we pay 51$per night and stay two nights and for that price we are more than satisfied. ..close to the 95 and the turnpike. ..beautiful beaches near by...holliwood and las olas ft. The closest the better and those are my favorite 2... the one thing that I hate a little bit was the noisy train that passes by but it's ok...best are good the air conditioning worked great. ..clean bathroom. ..nice neighborhood. ..what else would we ask for...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Felix G
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very nice place ,if you are not looking for luxury 5 star stay . Very clean and neat ,you can tell that management is really putting an effort into cleanliness and service . It's a hotel with 5 star mind set ,good job ,will keep coming back . Also , front desk ladies (Maritxa ) ,awesome customer service and willingness to attend needs and requests .

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank IrinaMarshall
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed 22 April 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to give it a try but only in a poolside room as we didn't want to hear the train noise. I spoke to 2 different people who assured me we would be poolside. When we got there Maritxa grabbed my confirmation paper and disappeared into the back for about 10 min. without any explanation. Then Danella came out and I told her what had happened. She told me that we were not down for poolside and the person who had made the reservations for me was no longer there. She said there were no rooms available poolside but then if I were to pay more there were some rooms! I agreed as we were tired of standing there and just wanted to get into the room. The pool area does not look as it does in the pictures. The pool is small and there are homeless people living in the "lush tropical gardens". It is a bad part of town and we didn't feel safe. Even poolside you hear the train horn, even with the loud AC on and the tv on you hear it! Not only do you hear that but you hear everything going on at the pool. There was a fight in the pool area at 5am one morning and then there was a group of very loud teens at the pool 2 nights in a row making a lot of noise until after midnight. The in room safe is a joke, it's on the floor and rusted! The room is old and the beds are very squeaky, you can't get in or out of it without making noise. There were no washcloths, conditioner, bath mat, teabags, micro, or fridge in our room. The shampoo and soap are in dispensers which don't work very well. The air conditioner worked but it was extremely loud. The only good thing was the 2 ladies who worked in the restaurant/bar (you get 2 free drinks at check in) Cindy and Reeva (not sure of the spelling). They were awesome and we enjoyed our meal & drinks. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention that we had in the room..... A WORM!!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Also when I checked out they didn't even look at me or ask me how my stay was! I guess they know how everyone's stay is... TERRIBLE!!

Room Tip: You hear the train no matter where you are it's right next to the hotel and you can't get aw...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple