“A little slice of heaven”

Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I just got married at Lago Mar and stayed for our honeymoon! This place is amazing, it's a true resort, not a hotel. The resort is gorgeous and the rooms are beautiful (not that you spend much time in them with the views, hot sun and all the activities Lago offers). The employees are genuinely friendly and super accommodating. Lago Mar employee Michael Holmes was kind enough to be our wedding photographer, the pictures were back to us ASAP and are absolutely beautiful! Michael also does family portraits so make sure to meet him at the tiki hut! If you decide to stay at Lago, make sure you take them up on the "bed and breakfast" offer, its worth it. The breakfast buffet is impressive. Lago has 3 restaurants, a soda shop, boutique, spa and so much more. This is a wonderful place to relax, not for people looking to party. I know I will be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: November 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,491)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Spent a few days here with my family. Stayed in the main building, which I believe is the newer. (the older building has a musty smell) No complaints. Kids had plenty to do. The room was clean and the employees were friendly, especially Josephine from Queen via DR (I believe). She ran the beach hut and was outgoing and pleasant. Just when I thought I was comfortable laying on a chair under a palm tree...she asked if I would like a pillow. We will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We are staying here prior to a cruise. The hotel is well maintained. We have a suite with a kitchen area for our family of 5- room 274. The 3 boys (6,10,13) are sleeping on the foldout couch which is really 2 twin beds unfolded. They are skinny so it works okay. We have a separate room with a large king bed. I like having the kitchen area. We ordered takeout from Dough Boy. Pizza, shrimp scampi, etc. Spent time at the beach and the pool. Wouldn't mind having a hot tub on the property. I also used the gym and spent time on the treadmill- it was very uncrowded and I liked the subtitled TV in front of the treadmill. It is really an esthetically pleasing property and all the staff are very nice. There are quite a few jellyfish on the beach and I think the 6 year old was stung by one in the water but the pain went away in 15 minutes.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Just got back from our 3rd time staying at the Lago Mar. There is a reason our family always goes back, it's the best hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Very warm staff, excellent rooms, clean pool and recreation areas and the beach is fantastic. This time we had our family photos done with Mike and it was a pleasure to work with him. He's also very adept at predicting the weather. Got us off the beach just in time for a tropical downpour.

We'll be back next year I'm sure. Just a top notch resort for families. You could stay there all day and not be bored.

JS from Massachusetts

Room Tip: If traveling with more than one child, the suites are the perfect size with a roomy living area.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Had visited the restaurant in this resort about 10 years ago and while looking for a hotel in the area of the Marriot Harbor Beach and remembered how lovely this resort had looked. My daughter and I arrived on Sunday, October 20 to spend a week that would include a special birthday for me and the hotel remembered that with a lovely bottle of wine on the day. The hotel lobby with its mosaic floors such as one used to see back in the early fifties. Our one bedroom suite was a delight. Bedroom had king size bed with 37" TV. Living room had a pull out sofa, large TV, a comfortable chair with good lighting for reading. The kitchen had a SubZero fridge and freezer, marble counters, 2 burner stove, microwave oven and the usual utensils. We had a balcony overlooking the lagoon pool with a great view of the lagoon pool and of the La ocean allowing us to see many ships arriving and leaving from the Port Everglades. You felt as though you could reach out and touch them. The beach is one of the widest and well kept that I have seen in my many years visiting the area. The staff is superior and everyone is pleasant and welcoming. You do not feel as though you are in a large hotel but in a residential home. We were so impressed that we are already planning to return in July for a longer stay. This resort is one I could come to alone, with friends and children. Lago Mar is one in a million!

Room Tip: Rooms on north side have a better view and we liked the 5th floor. South backs up to a large apt. b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Arubagals
Reviewed 19 November 2013

After our 6 hour flight across the continent we knew we were in good hands when we arrived. Two families all with teenage girls and this hotel really set a positive mood for our cruise departure the next day. The lobby is beautiful, we were upgraded to larger rooms, the beds and linens were very nice, and the pool grounds and proximity to the beach were great. The dining room looked a little expensive (the deal at the time was $35 per person for 3 courses, standard for hotels but we didn't want to drop $200 on dinner for 4) so the girls settled on the Soda shop where the food was reasonably priced but the quality was dodgy, next time I'd order pizza in. The hotel is a splurge at $250/night plus taxes etc but when you are spending thousands on a family cruise this hotel won't let you down and sets the right tone for your holiday.

Room Tip: Ocean view beats pool view
1  Thank Mydogsnameisdog
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before our cruise and were very happy with the service, room, and amenities, and location. It was nice walking down the beach to see the cruise ships the day before sailing out. We would definitely stay here again before cruising.

Stayed: January 2013