Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
US$282
US$268
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$144
US$165
US$151
US$124
US$111
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$110
Official Site
  • Pool
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
US$403
US$227
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$247
US$228
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Manhattan Tower Apartment Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$114
Agoda.com
US$163
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
2,604 results
All reviewssoda shopprivate beachping pongshuffle boardmichael holmesminiature golffamily photosan executive suitefree chairsold floridaliving roompool barmain restaurantbreakfast buffetfamily vacationpool viewan umbrella
Reviewed 7 February 2014

As classic Florida resort, a friend selected Lago Mar for a four day New Years getaway for two couples. The property was well maintained for it's age, recent updates were obvious, common areas and rooms were decently appointed. Grounds and pools were very inviting however the rules were not enforced for the single adult pool, with yelling kids overrunning the area continuously much to the dismay of many guests. The food was expensive but relatively good and as mentioned in several reviews, the front line staff was very helpful and friendly.

However, as you move up the organization, the experience with the management was much less satisfying. We were briskly checked in by the front desk manager (Cleo?) who reminded us our room was fully paid for the duration of our stay. (Booked at Hotels.com 6 months earlier - a mistake I would come to regret...)

The cordial bellman took us up to the second floor and down a long hall to the room - not the two bed floor plan we had booked but single king bed in a basic room, single sink bath, with a narrow balcony directly overlooking one story below: THE SERVICE AREA COMPLETE WITH DUMPSTERS, A/C UNITS, PARKING AND THE STAFF SMOKING TENT. Views were limited to the close by trees which at least partially hid an adjacent building.

The bellman was embarrassed, assured me they would correct the problem as I called down to Ms. Cleo. "Well... uh... it's not what you reserved? I'll call you back." Several minutes later she called to inform me they were completely sold out and nothing could be done. Period. To add to the frustration, our friends who booked an identical room and rate were upgraded to a top floor massive suite with sitting room, dining table, bar, large stone balcony overlooking the canal...

I later met with the General Manager who politely informed me that it was just the "luck of the draw", no other room would be made available even though they did not honor my reservation. (I've traveled the world for 35 years and would have checked out and demanded a refund at that point but had lost my leverage by prepaying through Hotels.com for all four nights. I won't make that mistake again.)

While the hotel postures as a "4 Diamond" property (and adds 18% service charges to every transaction) it is far from the likes of the dozens of 4 and 5 star resorts we've enjoyed. And at $400+/night the value for our experience clearly wasn't there. As the saying goes: "Get me once, shame on me..." There won't be a second try for Lago Mar!

Room Tip: Shop for rates online but call the hotel directly to book a rate. Demand a written confirmation of a specific room and floor to match your chosen view, beds, etc. Prepaying via an online travel site allows you to be shuffled into whatever miserable room the Lago Mar wants to unload.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GSW1200
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have stayed at Lago Mar numerous times and I want folks to know that we absolutely love it. The staff is so friendly and courteous. Especially Josephine who works out at the pool area and Jaimie who works at the beach area. The rooms are spacious and always clean

Room Tip: We stayed with another couple in a two bedroom suite that had a small dining/kitchen area. Rooms overlooked pool with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I went to Lago Mar with 5 friends in my midwinter break. I am from london and have done a tremendous amount of travelling. Having been to an abundance of hotels in all areas over the world, I feel qualified to give an honest hotel appraisal.
If you want a quiet peaceful getaway this is the answer. You walk into the hotel and its grounds and it's as if you have just walked into another world . It's beautifully kept,clean and fresh. The pools and beach are private and therefore there is plenty of space to be without ever feeling that you are crowded.
To me, what was amazing was the personal service that you get her - it's one of a kind. Because it is a family run business, you feel that homely feeling that people really care and want to help you.
First of all Cleo at the front desk - the manager during the afternoon - nothing was too much for her and she right away did her best to help me out.She gave me a beautiful room and because I had been there before , offered to give me an upgrade. It was a stunning view and made it all the more enjoyable. Her positive attitude, warmth and care was instrumental in making me want to write this review.
Then Nicole, Febrezio and Michael - the people at the bar who day in and day out making drinks and taking orders - always with a smile and helpful attitude.
Michael Rodriguez - so friendly , always smiling and so capable - helping with the cases etc - nothing was too much to do.
And Josephine - always helping with the towels outside - and just to have a friendly chat.
The whole place is just an inviting warm home - that's also a beautiful hotel - A GREAT VACATION.
Rebecca u.

Room Tip: the best rooms are ocean view - worth every cent..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rebecca u
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I made a quick trip for a winter break to Ft. Lauderdale. We chose to stay here due to family recommendations. Nice place, clean, quiet and a great beach. Restaurants were good and the bar was adequate. Just a 10 minute walk on the beach to watch cruise & ship traffic in/out was interesting to see.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building with ocean front. Pricey but nice location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Traveled to Lago Mar with my husband and two preschoolers. There was a lot to do for kids and we loved that it had it's own private beach. The kids had fun in the pool, at the playground and loved watching the cruise ships leave the port. Easy check-in, spacious one bedroom suite with pullout twin beds for the kids. Free self-parking close to our room. The lobby and common areas are very nice. The rooms are a bit outdated (what hotel puts bedspreads on the beds anymore? Gross.) but roomy, clean, nice little kitchen area. Small bathroom. The pool/beach area is fine - nothing special, the bathrooms out there are kind of smelly and not very well maintained. Pool bar/restaurant good for a lunch or snack. The breakfast buffet was included in our room price - it was fine, pretty typical hotel buffet. We did not eat dinner at the hotel. The staff was friendly enough. I had a great massage at the spa (which is really small, but nicely decorated and comfortable). After spending my last two vacations at 5 star properties, this hotel definitely is 3 or maybe 4 star - but was perfect for a short trip with two little kids. I'd recommend to families or people spending a night or two after a cruise. I don't think the $400/night+ price tag was quite worth it, but we had a fun time there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family