Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
US$268
US$165
US$142
  • Pool
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$144
Riverside Hotel
US$155
US$135
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
Official Site
US$111
US$167
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$228
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
2,602 results
All reviewssoda shopprivate beachping pongshuffle boardmichael holmesminiature golffamily photosan executive suitefree chairsold floridaliving roompool barmain restaurantbreakfast buffetfamily vacationpool viewan umbrella
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We checked in on Wed July 2nd and were assigned a 1st floor 1 bedroom pool view suite. The only thing we could see from our balcony was bushes and palm trees. The resort was pretty much open access with no security in sight. On July 4th there was a major influx in guests do to the club members utilizing the facility. We went outside at 9am and couldn't find a pool chair anywhere. All the members arrived early with coolers and took control of the property. Apparently they have 3,000 club members who are able to utilize the facilities at there leisure. To make a long story short I wasn't happy about paying $330 a night and not being able to enjoy the resort. They should of advised us upon making the reservation that this secluded resort would turn into a zoo on the long weekend. They have approx 160 rooms and suites and it felt like a 1,000 people around the 2 pools and bar. Then we left to eat dinner downtown by the beach only to return and not being able to find a parking space. I wasn't sure if this was because of the extra club members on property or because the public was parking here to walk to the beach and see the fireworks. Security should of been more present today in my opinion. All in all was a o.k resort without any WOWS, and next time I spend $330 a night it will be somewhere else. We came here to relax and only had stress. Then my kids come back from the beach at 3pm only to find housekeeping just starting to clean our suite. Really 3pm and your just starting....

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Ryanroberto1
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

While the hotel and staff were very nice, we were shocked at check in by the fact that this is a "cash free hotel." Which meant that when we checked in they wanted to charge me $400.00 up front on my debit card for unforseen charges. This means that since the hotel doesnt take any cash or credit cards on sight, they charge a $75.00, per day, amount to your credit card. This is for anything that costs money beyond the room...for example, a pop at the hotel store or a cabana at the beach. I was not told about this charge and since I only use a debit card, they were going to charge me a total of 400.00 on the day we checked in and then refund any leftover amount when we checked out!!! I had to save for this trip and the amount on my card was going to be used for our vacation. I told them they couldnt take that money so we essentially could not purchase anything at the hotel, not even a water!! It is totally rediculous and made me very upset. I will never visit this hotel again just for that reason!! NOT COOL!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Kellie S
James P, General Manager at Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Kellie S, thank you for your review. Like most resorts, at time of check-in we do pre-authorize a credit card for the approximate cost of your stay at Lago Mar Resort. All hotel outlet charges are posted to your room folio. At the time of your departure you can keep all expenditures on a credit card or pay with cash if you choose. Please accept my apology for not being clear about our charging policies. I hope you reconsider and return to Lago Mar Resort in the future. Contact me at 954-523-6511 if you have any further questions or concerns.
Best regards, James Pancallo, GM.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Family coming off the Allure for one night stay found a wonderful resort. Close to cruise port and airport. Would have appreciated complimentary transfers. Room requested was delivered and very, very spacious. Staff was friendly and food was good,though a little pricey. Best part for granddaughter was the pool. Beach was close and they had playground equipment on the sand.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front. View was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulaB1946
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Lago Mar Resort for one night at the start of our 10 day vacation. The location is perfect - right on the quiet end of the beach, but just a short drive from the airport. Check-in was fast and easy. The parking lots were pretty full so it took a while to find a spot. Bell man took our luggage to our room, which was located on the second floor in the back of the hotel. Not much of a view from the balcony, but we booked an inexpensive room for a one night stay (we checked in around 6:30 pm and left at 11:00 am the next morning for the Keys).
We did have a chance to walk around the property and it was very nice. The beach was huge. We noticed a sign saying there is a fee to rent chairs and umbrellas. There were several bars and restaurants to choose from and we ended up having dinner outside of the main restaurant area on a large patio. We ordered from the bar menu because we did not want to have a huge meal after flying all day. Food was good and reasonably priced. Our room was huge! We had a separate bedroom and living room with a small refrigerator and microwave. They also had a Keurig coffee maker. Plenty of room to spread out and relax. The next morning we had breakfast at the Soda Shop, which was located almost under our room. It was very convenient and the food was delicious. Checkout was again fast and easy. A bellman was available to take our luggage from the room to the car. We left the Lago Mar feeling well rested and refreshed. The only negative was that we were there such a short time that we really didn't get to fully experience the resort or beach. But our short stay was very pleasant!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LM77
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family and I spent a long weekend at lago mar hotel in the beginning of June and had a great time. Hotel was clean and service was great. We ate twice at the main dining room and the food was delicious and service was great, chef even came out to see how everything was, which you don't see anymore. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family