“This is the life”

Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'm NOT a beach person. HOWEVER, after just one day on the resort's private beach, I've been converted! Our suite was excellent! The staff courteous. My only recommendation would be to put some type of window treatment in the windows of the lounge area in the Spa. The area where you wait for your service has windows overlooking the parking lot. I was having a wrap treatment which required that I undress and put on one of the spa's robes. I felt vulnerable waiting to be taken back for my treatment because my robe was missing the belt and I worried that my robe would come undone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla S
There are newer reviews for Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had the opportunity this past weekend to spend a few nights at the Lago Mar Resort in Ft Lauderdale. From the moment we entered the lobby we were impressed by the elegance of the resort. Little did we know that would be nothing compared to how magnificent our room was. It seems no expense was spared on this beautiful king suite. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We spent the days on the amazing private beach and by pool. We felt like we were on an exotic island. The food was first class. On friday night we had diner at Acquario. We had a chance to meet Chef Phillip Kahn who was so gracious. He is quite a talented Chef. It was one of the best meals we had ever had. I live locally and i will surely be back. This is a very special place

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Loooved everything about Lago Mar.The friendly staff, the stunning lagoon pool, the room, hammocks, beach, etc, etc.Hidden gem.You will not be disappointed if you stay here.I will definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I live in Miami but wanted to get away with my teenage son and parents for a few days.What a wise decision to stay at Lago Mar.Everything is excellent about this hotel.Friendly staff, big comfortable rooms, stunning lagoon pool, delicious breakfast, beach area, hammocks, etc, etc.I got room 463 overlooking directly to the pool and beach.Nice comfortable beds.Went to the store and bought a pair of shoes (the sweetest saleswoman).I miss Lago Mar.I will recommend it to all my friends.Also, loved the fla.resident rate.But most of all loooved that pool (heated by the way).I will be coming back, definitely!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at Lago Mar first week of August and unfortunately were at the mercy of Tropical Storm Bertha for two and a half days. Of course it is hurricane season so we cannot control the weather! However, whilst it did interrupt our holiday it did not spoil our enjoyment of the place. The gardens, swimming pools and beach are extremely good , the loungers provided are great and there is plenty of shade if you need it either around the pool or under the palms between hotel and beach. Facilities including shuffleboard, tennis, putting, outdoor chess and childrens swings etc are very good. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful and rooms are generous with good sized verandas.
Despite all the advantages of this hotel we felt that a car was a neccessity as it is about a mile or more to walk to the main seafront area of the city and there does not seem to be any restaurants within immediate walking distance.
Dining at the hotel was disappointing in that the main restauirant was priced slightly high but the menu was such that if you were staying for a week or more then you would find it too repetitive. The sports bar type food offered at the poolside eating was of limited interest too. The Soda Shop proved to be extremely popular with similar food to the bar but with added extras like omeletes and salads. However the best facet of this place was Fran, a New York Italian lady with a great sense of humour and friendliness that was infectious giving you the feeling that you could have been in a NY deli. She is an asset to the hotel and everyone who visits should go and say hello!
Our final comment is that the hotel should add another restaurant for evening dining offering a more varied selection to the main restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in July 14, we loved the place. Right on the beach, with two pools.
Had fantastic meals at both the poolside bar in the day and in the restaurant in the evening. Wife quoted the restaurant meal as the best ever (I need to take her out more!) - no seriously it was fantastic, and to boot it was a set $35 for a 3 course menu which had a reasonable amount of choices.
Service from the free valet parking (as frequent as required), hotel reception and the restaurant staff was exceptional. Would definitively stay here again if stopping in Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great family place near Ft. Lauderdale and terrific setting! Of the highway so it is easily accessible, but you do need a car. Lots of options, in room cooking and other property places to eat. Lots of pools and beach!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family