We stayed here between two consecutive Royal Caribbean cruises. Fortunately RC paid for this hotel for us (since we were on consecutive cruises) but we had others in our group who were going only on one of our two cruises and had to pay for their hotel stay to be with the rest of the cruise. The price they paid? $300ish per night. Ouch! I know it was Spring Break and pre-/post-cruise day but for that price you would expect better out of a Hilton.
We arrived early (around noon) and they did not have any rooms ready which was to be expected. However, they were able to get us into a room by 2:30. Meanwhile we relaxed in the lobby and at the pool. The pool was crowded and there were no chairs or loungers so we had to put towels on the pool deck and just get in the pool. We used the pool bar for drinks and lunch which was quite expensive, $110 for two of us.
The hotel is large but didn't seem as well maintained as other Hilton properties I have stayed in. Our room seemed like door hardware was worn and not properly functioning and the bathroom fan did not work, it was like an inferno in there. But the shower worked very well. Our room was very far away from the main portion of the hotel, more toward the marina and we had a great huge patio to watch the boats. But it was just a long walk anywhere and it seemed like this part of the hotel was kind of forgotten. Others in our group said their rooms were also in poor shape.
We did use the laundry facilities which was a nice change from having to pack extra clothes for our second cruise or use ship laundry. It was $1.50 for wash and $1 for dry. You can get quarters at the front desk but we walked to Walgreens to get detergent. There is only 2 washers and 4 dryers so make sure you go at the right time.
There is shopping within walking distance as well as eateries. It's easy to get a cab or shuttle to cruise port or airport. We ordered several pizzas from a recommended pizza place for our group of 21 to have in the hotel lobby. The pizza, Doughboys, was not good and they got each and every pizza order wrong. I would not recommend them.
I would stay here only if we were between cruises again and the cruise line was paying again, but I would not stay on my own dollar. I just did not feel the service or maintenance was up to par with other Hilton properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers the ultimate location on the Intracoastal Waterway. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is a stunning resort-style hotel close to the city's vast attractions including Las Olas Boulevard, which is alive with shops, restaurants and bars. All guest rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows delivering amazing views of downtown, the Intracoastal Waterway or the bustling Fort Lauderdale marine port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel Yacht Club
- Grande Hotel Fort Lauderdale