“Excellent customer service”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #59 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Its a beautiful modern hotel, I would so stay there again, I stayed there for few nights and left my jewelry there... Well their security manager Michael took care of it so professionally!!! I got my jewelry by FedEx express mail so quacky! That's what I called great customer service!!! Really preseate all their stuff help!

Room Tip: I got nice room on third floor with beautiful view on marina with ships and boats!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here the night before we departed for our cruise and was pleasantly suprised. I wasn't looking for anything great as I was expecting our cruise to fulfill that expectation, just really needed somewhere close and comfortable. I was pleasantly suprised as to all this hotel had to offer! Close proximity to the cruise port as well as a great outdoor bar and pool that overlooks the marina. The hotel also had shuttle service to the cruise port which again was a great amenity to have. I would highly recommend this hotel as a great pre cruise stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drumdan2002
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3-4 times a year for for years. The staff, from the bellhops to bar staff, are outstanding. The bartender at the outdoor poolside bar (Scott Mc) overheard us talking that something was missing from our room. Without us asking, he went and gave us 2 $30 vouchers for breakfast the next morning. Scott is outstanding.

Room Tip: Choose either poolside view or view the yachts on the other side.Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Overall it's good and I would stay here again.
The Good: cool location if you like to look at boats. Not too far from beach and Los Olas. Pool area beautiful. Breakfast buffet is excellent. Nice views if you stay in the tower. Rain showerhead is great. Keurig coffee maker in the room rocks!! Room balconies are nice.

The bad: Parking for $25 per day is criminal. Seriously?? Rooms are nicely appointed but small because this is an older hotel. Only three umbrellas around pool.

The ugly: Carpet in hallways stained. Had to ask for caffeinated coffee in room because it was stocked only with decaf.

Overall a good deal but they just need to work on some details to take this hotel to the next level (I.e. to be as good as the Hilton on Lauderdale beach).

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank lfaw
GMHiltonMarina, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

We are pleased you enjoyed many aspects of our location, including nice views, and the breakfast buffet, rain shower and coffeemaker. We frequently compare pricing for parking, and our rates are among the lowest in the beach area. We are buying additional umbrellas for the pool area to replace several that were broken. The carpets throughout our hotel are only four-years old and light colored and have not held up well to heavy use despite frequent vacuuming and shampooing; as such, we plan to replace all guest room and guest corridor carpeting. It is our standard to provide caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee and tea capsules, and I am sorry we missed that in your room. We hope that you give us another opportunity. Gerard McNearney, Manager.

Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Had a great experience, people were very nice and welcoming. Checking in was a breeze, the young lady at the desk was very polite, i cant remember her name. I was close to beach and convention center. Food alittle pricy, but service was great! Rooms could use updating, but comfortable.Enjoyed the pool bar server girl, friendly and she was informative, gave us some ideas where to shop and of thing to do in area.I think her name was Aubrey, she was very nice!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I checked into the hotel on a Friday at around 2 dead tired and was told that particular room wouldnt be ready for a couple of hours however an upgraded room was available immediately for $15/day more. I don't know whether that was so or a ploy to sell an upgraded room, but I agreed. When I came down to go to the pool I was told that the pool was being renovated and I could use the pool at a sister resort a few miles away. Fortunately that was the end of the negative experiences. The desk clerk as a courtesy removed (the exorbitant) daily parking fees and gave me vouchers for complimentary daily breakfasts. That was appreciated. The stay otherwise was fine. The room was very clean and the bedding was fantastic...the most comfortable i've been in. The concierge and front desk, when not overwhelmed with cruise ship groups were most accomodating. As it turned out, tropical storm Isaac came through shortly after I checked in so the pool situation became moot.

Room Tip: the tower is more convenient
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We checked in around 2 am and they were very accommodating at the front desk. We had paid extra for a king size room with a view, but the 1st one overlooked the bridge and didnt have a balcony. It felt a little strange in there. The lady at reception gladly moved us into another room, which surprisingly had a worse view and double beds.. we were looking at the parking lot and the roof of the shorter buildings. We were moved the next morning to a great view of the waterway. Overall, they were very flexible regarding room change..
Now the bad.. The concierge is just not up to standard for a hotel that gets so many tourists as opposed to business guests. When you call from the room the one girl brushes you off. There was another guy (dont remember his name but he was african american) who was really helpful and printed us directions as well as gave us recommendations.
We wanted to get some food warmed, and they flat out refused.. when I went down to the bar the lady said "my microwave isnt working". I have been in plenty of hotels.. if they dont have a microwave in the room they let you use one in their kitchen area. Plus the "my microwave isnt working" line annoyed me. It was obviously a lie. What if I had baby food I need to warm up or something medical? It seems very impractical that they dont give you access to a microwave.

Other than that, the stay was great. We were able to enjoy the waterway once the rain died down. Hotel is right by stop 7 of the water taxi. And if you have a room overlooking the waterway (we were in 821), the view is amazing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patty N
GMHiltonMarina, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

First I want to thank you for staying with us, and thank you also for taking time to write a review. I'm sorry you were inconvenienced by moving rooms, and pleased that you ended up in one of our many rooms with an amazing view, most of which have balconies. I apologize for the response you received when you asked to use a microwave. This is simply unacceptable. I have discussed your review with our Front Office Director and our F&B Director for coaching our team. Fort Lauderdale, the Venice of America, is great to enjoy from the water, and the Water Taxi is a convenient way to do so, whether to sight see or to travel to beach areas, Galleria Mall, or the Las Olas and downtown districts. The next time you are in Fort Lauderdale, we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of guest service. Gerard McNearney, Manager