“Fort Lauderdale Hilton”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #56 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Had a wonderful stay with my family. Lacation is great. Views fantastic, great pool. The walk to the beach is not to far. Water taxi is available right outside and is always a fun time. I have always enjoyed walking around the docks at the hotel and looking at the yachts. It is also fun to see the cruise ships come and go.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Arrived after a grueling LONG flight to a cheerful concierge who at first we thought was a little pushy (aren't these guys always trying to sell you something?) but when he said that he would arrange a trip to the everglades for us and that it was guaranteed to be the cheapest and best, we thought - let's just do it and I'm so glad we did. It was wonderful and it wasn't expensive.
The entire staff is very helpful and more than once we were stopped by a member of staff because we looked lost.
Our room was wonderful and after leaving a rainy and cold Holland, it was wonderful to arrive to a balmy sunny Florida and a room with a pool view.

The service in the breakfast restaurant varied from excellent to terrible and we did complain. However this was on the morning we left so we didn't hear anything else about it.

The location of the hotel is wonderful and in the evening, just sitting with a mojito at the pool bar with the balmy breeze wafting over you and looking at the fabulous yachts moored literally within arms reach, it was just what we needed.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the east villas - perfect location/ view of pool - a bit further to walk to recept...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Other times and have stayed at the Westin or if I choose a HHonors hotel, stayed at the Doubletree in Fort Lauderdale. This is the second and last brake I give this hotel, rooms are outdated and my upgrade was a room next to the elevator without a chair to seat next to the desk. room service is awful and the bar downstairs waited 15 minutes to have a glass of wine and the place was empty!

Room Tip: Please far from elevators and in the towers.
1  Thank MiaMobile
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, please accept my deepest apologies for the challenges you experienced during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and a valuable tool that we can use to make improvements to our service and reach out to our guests. Your loyalty as a Diamond elite guest is very important to us and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you. It's so disappointing to hear about the service issues you encountered and would never want you to feel undervalued or disrespected. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience so we can help alleviate your concerns.

Warmest regards,

Ruben Almiron
ruben.almiron@hilton.com

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed here because we needed a close to the airport hotel for an early morning flight the next day. but it is such a great location, it was easy to make it to beachside fort lauderdale in just a couple of minutes. When the hotel van offered to take us downtown, it was just another example of great service. Thanks guys

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Worst Hotel I have stayed in years. The rates are high and the service is poor. Rooms dusty and bathroom was dirty and smelled bad. Check in took close to 25 minute wait at 9pm. Reception people answered phones while people waited in line to be checked in. Over a 3 day stay, reception never answered the phone. It just rang and rang. Overall look of the lobby and hotel is run down. It looks like it's in need of a freshening up.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Check in was quick. service instanty, meals delicious, whatever you wanted or needed it was at your becon call. No lack of anything at the Marina and I was satisfied with my stay. The day I left my bill was under the door early, check out was very fast and my cab was waiting. Thanks for a memorable stay.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I started at this property as part of a business conference taking place at the hotel. Before heading to Florida I did as I always do, checked out the hotel on trip advisor. After reading the reviews I wondered what I had gotten myself into. From a goodly number of the reviews it sounded worse than a motel 6.

When i arrived I was greeted by the bellman. I parked in the self park lot. As I walked into the lobby I wondered if I had gone to the wrong hotel. Nope I was at the right spot. Beautiful lobby. Smiling faces on the staff. A wonderful getting by the front desk staff. The young woman who checked me in apologized, the tour of room I had reserved was not available. She offered me a non water view in the tower vs a water view. I was in room 726. When I arrived at the room I was flabbergasted, it was TERRIFIC. Great view. Nice furnishings. I wondered if I was in the right place. Yep, I was.

The service was impeccable. All of the staff spoke and had smiles.

I had colleagues in the other part of the hotel and they had no problems either.

I don't know what the expectations of the naysayers about this hotel were, it's a Hilton resort property, not the Ritz or JW Marriott. I travel 40 weeks a year and stay in many different business hotels. This property was on par with Residence Inns, Courtyards, Marriott, etc. If you are complaining about the hotel and you went through Priceline and got a cheap rate, shame on you for expecting to be treated like royalty. Hotels don't generally make money on you, yet you expect the world.

If the GM reads this I give you and your staff 5 stars for putting up with the complainers who barely, if at all, cover the cost of their room. Next time I am in Ft. Lauderdale I will definitely try to stay there and support your business.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DrFood
GMHiltonMarina, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear “DrFood,”
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful view from your guest room. We especially appreciate your acknowledging our team for their smiles and service. We do track our reviews, follow-up, share them with the team, and take guest feedback very seriously.
Next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale, please contact my office for assistance.
Kevin Speidel, Area Managing Director, kevin.speidel@hilton.com