“Very nice hotel”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #59 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is very nice. The room we had was a small suite with private balcony that overlooked the water and pool area, it was a beautiful view. The room was spacious and very clean. We sat at the outdoor bar for drinks and the atmosphere was super. The pool area was well kept and the lobby area nice as well. The only negative I have is the price for the breakfast buffet. The food was average and nothing special and the price for two people was $40.00, which I thought was way too high for what was offered. It would have been adequate if they also had brunch food as well, but No, only breakfast items.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lorihope
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Lorihope,
We’re so pleased you enjoyed your balcony and view. Our G Bar and Grill, poolside, is a peaceful refuge. Come visit us again when it’s time to escape winter!
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com

Write a ReviewReviews (5,084)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Plain and simple. While the building itself is older, the common areas are clean, sleek and modern. There are several reasons to stay at this property, but the one that will continue to impress is the location. The hotel is situated on the intercostal waterway and is surrounded on three sides by docks. An absolute must-do here is a walk around the exterior. Start at the pool/bar area and follow the dock around the property. I have been here twice, and the boats and Yachts moored here are absolutely stunning - one is a 203' mega-yacht.

My room was a tower room with a view out the pool side of the hotel. I was on the 11th floor and had a clear view of the waterway, Ft. Lauderdale beach and the Atlantic Ocean in the distance. October is a beautiful time to visit, the breeze was excellent while sitting on the balcony which wrapped around the corner of my room. The chairs and table were sized appropriately for the balcony and the glass railing made sitting outside in the evening completely enjoyable watching the boats come and go in the distance.

The bathroom is seperated by sliding doors with frosted glass and was fairly small, yet clean and modern looking with the sink sitting above the countertop. The highlight of the bathroom is the shower. No door or curtain, there is a glass partition that blocks half the shower area from the bathroom with the back half being wide open. At first I thought this was odd, however upon a closer look, this was made possible by the shower "head" being mounted in the ceiling, falling straight down on you. This shower is simply amazing. The shower head is probably 15 inches wide by 6 inches long... While I don't think there is any effort to conserve water, it is truly a fantastic shower.

The beds are a mattress on a wood platform which creates a great look for the room, but remains extremely comfortable. There is an iPhone dock/radio/clock on the nightstand and a small desk in the room. These are not large rooms - yet they are plenty comfortable and have a sleek, modern look to them.

Being a HHonors Diamond member the included breakfast at most Hilton properties is usually nothing to write home about, but this one is truly excellent. Housed in the Waterway Grill, you have a great view of the intercoastal while enjoying an excellent breakfast buffet with a large variety of options for all tastes.

The value on this hotel suffers due to the parking charges and bar prices. $21 a day for self parking and $25 for valet is unacceptable for the area. Bar prices... I know the atmosphere is excellent... I get it. But $7 for what can not be more than a 10 oz draft beer and close to $8 for a bottle is a bit on the steep side.

Overall I would recommend this property - the atmosphere and comfort of the hotel is truly fantastic. A must stay.

Room Tip: Request a tower room on the pool side of the hotel. This will give you a quiet view of the intercoa...

Dear Mike J,
We should hire you to promote our hotel – our team felt as if they had a vacation after reading your review. Waterway is a new breakfast spot for us and we’re glad you enjoyed the view. You are not the first guest to love our rain showers, and you won’t be the last. Thanks for your recommendation, it means a lot to us.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

By far this is one of the best locations I've been too. The view is spectacular and I was amazed by the professionalism of the entire staff. It was my girlfriend birthday and I requested the Marco Polo suite which was not available for my stay by the junior suite was pretty nice..The view was great and I was impressed by the modern style furniture in the room.. This was my very first time at this hilton but it won't be my last there. The girls on the overnight shift and the morning shift showed true professionalism and I met the rooms Director Neal whom apologized when there was no need to I do recommend this location and the food at the restaurant was great. Thanks again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benly F

Dear Benly F,
I am so pleased our team and I could assist you with the birthday celebration. The inspiration for the hotel’s design is “Havana chic.” We look forward to your next visit – let me know when that will be.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever encountered. My stay was awful, the hotel is disgusting, the rooms are tiny, the beds are uncomfortable, and the staff is rude. The lobby was chaotic at best and not one staff member had a clue about customer service. I have a long list of things that are broken with this property and the only thing that would fix them would be an entire rebranding/gut rehab of EVERYTHING, including the staff. I will give you one positive as the only thing this hotel has is a great pool and location, but that in no way makes up for any of the negative. I would not recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank MichaelM76

Dear MichaelM76,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your candid feedback and are very sorry that you were disappointed with our hotel and the service experience you had. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve and ensure we're meeting guest needs. I have reached out to you to get a phone number so that I can call you to learn more about your specific concerns.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Very "CSI Miami" style place. The views from the tower are spectacular. The outside is stunning. The Restaurant has AMAZING food and lots of choices for Vegans and the wait staff is highly educated on their products. The Bar only has two Vegan or Vegetarian dishes.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Juan R
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Juan R,
The designer’s inspiration for our hotel was “Havana chic,” but we’ll take “CSI Miami” as a compliment. We’re pleased you enjoyed our spectacular views and the new Asian-fusion Nanking restaurant menu and wait staff. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am very frequent guest of all brands of Hilton hotels. This one is an excellent location. The pool and lobby areas are quite nice. However, the rooms are dated and in need of maintenance. I had to switch rooms due to a maintenance issue. The second room also had problems... But I just didn't have the energy to switch rooms again.

The staff is generally unmotivated and clearly uninterested in customer satisfaction.

The worst part about this hotel is the parking situation. They charge an exorbitant amount for both self parking and valet parking. The self parking facility is an automated, unattended lot with equipment that looks 20 years old. During my stay, I was trapped in the parking lot for 20 minutes while the unmotivated staff told me "I must be using the key incorrectly"

Later, when I brought this problem to the attention of the parking manager, he demonstrated a total lack of concern.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tjshem

Dear Tjshem,
Thank you for staying with us, for your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and for taking time to write a review. We’re very sorry you were unhappy with your experience at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from you regarding the condition of your guest rooms and about the unmotivated service you received. Hotel parking rates are based on the location of the hotel; our rates are among the lowest in the beach area. Your feedback will be shared with relevant managers to help us to improve, and if you return to the Fort Lauderdale area, we hope to have the opportunity to show you our improvements.
Safe travels,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Still a lovely building with a great pool. But right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing. Front desk people didn't know there was a printed calendar showing the week's activities. I had to bring mine from the room for them to see it.
Pool barman had :too much to do: to provide frozen fruit as the calendar offered. Then Demetrious introduced himself. He had frozen fruit, cooling towels, toys for kids, gave assistance with umbrellas. He had just started abd what a wonderful addition.

Room Tip: I like the ones that view the drawbridge.Stay away from North Tower if you want regular elevator ser...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear travelmomCincinnati,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback about the activities calendar so that we can improve our communication among departments. We’re delighted that Demetrius took great care of you and your family; he is a joy to guests and team members alike.