“Nice hotel with practical location if you are going for a cruise”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Espoo, Finland
“Nice hotel with practical location if you are going for a cruise”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We found the hotel to be very ok. The room was clean and not out of date as some comments suggest. Price-quality ratio is good. I would not stay here for a vacation but for a night or two hotel is perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,092)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
SCOTTSDALE, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

It was a pleasure to stay at your hotel, as I awaited to begin my cruise! ALL of your staff, from the front desk personnel, to the wait-staff & concierge, were very friendly, professional and helpful. I felt pampered and honored to have enjoyed my stay with you. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Upon 11:45pm arrival, attendant would not allow me to park near the front door to check in. Forced to self-park, drag luggage through garage and attempt to find lobby. No signage, poor lighting, very uncomfortable experience. Lost payment ticket for parking deck. Could not leave automated gate. Front desk attendent offered no assistance and did not have a solution or contact information. Bed sheets in Room 308 had visible stains.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Mark B,
We're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. Thank you for taking time to share your detailed feedback regarding our parking service to help us evaluate our processes. We appreciate your review and hope we can invite you back and offer you the service and hospitality you expect.
Warm regards,
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com
New York
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My first time staying @ the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and I had a great experence. The Staff was very friendly and the View from my room was AWESOME! Over looking the water and the beautful yachts. My room was very nice and clean, food was very good and I would recommend this hotel.A big thanks to Ana housekeeping supervisor for taking good care of my needs in a timely manner.
I have found our home away from home, please keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had a short, last minute, 2-days-only stay, and found a great last minute price.. only a mile from the beach. I didn't need the beach though because the fabulous pool atmosphere was very fulfilling. It was just what the doctor ordered. Glenford was behind the bar poolside, and was most delightful during my poolside late lunch on my first day. Turns out I needed that because the beginning of my day was rained out. Very disappointing when that's half of your entire stay. To my surprise, the supervisor for that area, Manny, approached me at the bar to talk to me about my stay so far. He said that he'd "heard I was disappointed with the rain, and wanted to make the remainder of my stay as pleasurable as possible for me". From that point on, for my next day and a half, I "wanted for nothing". I couldn't have asked for a better staff experience. I finally got some sun at the pool on my last day, and Demetrius (who made sure that towels and refreshing lime and lemon tainted water was available for the poolside guests) really hit the spot on that hot day, when he made his rounds around the pool with a most pleasant offering of chilled skewers of grapes. My fresh blackened salmon salad at the bar, as well as my full breakfast at the Hilton's Water Way Restaurant was right on point, and there was not even a crumb left on either dish! By the time I checked out, I felt like I was leaving family, and I'd decided that I'd found my new SOFLA accommodations, as I do make my way down there at least once a year. Thank you - Thank you - Thank you

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank angfuller
Cayman Islands
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we are Hilton brand supporters and needed to stay near las olas. The check in was not very impressive and the special request that we had requested, no feathers due to allergy, was not completed in the room. The front desk clerk was not very friendly but the housekeeping that came to the room were. The hotel is massive and our room was in one wing which meant a trek thru several corridors and thru a number of double doors - quite the journey with suitcases etc. the hotel is also quite aged, especially the bathrooms - the shower curtain was moldy and the taps loose. My pet peeve was that the bed is a platform bed and sticks out more than the mattresses - this lead to several bangs on the ankles..I learnt quickly! The hotel breakfast restaurant sits on the water with some very nice yachts tied up. Be warned though the hotel can get crazy busy with cruise ship and / or conference attendees. Cruise ship passengers all want to check out at the same time so when we left it was a little crazy in the lobby.

Room Tip: H ing only been there once not sure but ask for it away from the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 24 November 2013

With a lanai overlooking the waterway and watching yachts cruise by, this location is really interesting and different. The rooms are a bit outdated, especially the bathroom. The hotel made superficial upgrades, but things like the shower, tile grout, gaps under the main door, etc were all signs of the age of the property. The pool is really nice, but it's a good idea to get a room not facing the pool area, as there is a bar/restaurant outdoors that stays open late. Breakfast was great and staffed by some very nice and personable staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business