I stayed here for one week with my boyfriend and loved it! The hotel is really modern thanks to a recent refurbishment and is very relaxing. The staff are unobtrusive and let you get on with enjoying your stay and when you need something they are happy to help. I would say that upon check in a little more information about the hotel would have been good as I was just given a map and pointed towards the lifts!
The lobby and outdoor area have relaxing sofas to use if you feel like it and the pool is gorgeous with the usual sunbeds but also large bed style padded loungers which are very comfy to catch a few rays on. The pool also has some inflatable beds to play/relax on! It also stays open till about 11pm so good if you fancy a night swim! Towels and iced water are provided for your use too. There is a bar by the pool aswell although I didn't use this and there is one in the lobby. Drinks are quite pricey $7 for a bottle of corona!
Our room 1202 was lovely. It had two double beds (would rather have had a king but wasn't one apparently) and looked out onto the 17th Street causeway and bridge and the port. It was on the 12th floor so this made the view even better and the balcony went right around the corner which made it feel bigger than the rooms in the middle.
The beds are SO comfortable with memory foam style mattresses and feather duvets and pillows and the room comes with large flat screen TV, coffee/tea maker, fridge, hairdryer (the usual stuff). The shower in the bathroom was amazing.....its like a rain shower!!!!
The only bad thing about the stay is the parking at the hotel. There is ample but you have to either self park for $19 a day or valet park for $21 which I personally think is a bit steep considering what you pay to stay there in the first place.
The location is good too. Short drive to the beach across the bridge and it would be very handy of you were catching a cruise from port Everglades as its right opposite the port.
All in all I loved the hotel and would stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers the ultimate location on the Intracoastal Waterway. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is a stunning resort-style hotel close to the city's vast attractions including Las Olas Boulevard, which is alive with shops, restaurants and bars. All guest rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows delivering amazing views of downtown, the Intracoastal Waterway or the bustling Fort Lauderdale marine port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel Yacht Club
- Grande Hotel Fort Lauderdale