“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
england
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

I stayed here for one week with my boyfriend and loved it! The hotel is really modern thanks to a recent refurbishment and is very relaxing. The staff are unobtrusive and let you get on with enjoying your stay and when you need something they are happy to help. I would say that upon check in a little more information about the hotel would have been good as I was just given a map and pointed towards the lifts!
The lobby and outdoor area have relaxing sofas to use if you feel like it and the pool is gorgeous with the usual sunbeds but also large bed style padded loungers which are very comfy to catch a few rays on. The pool also has some inflatable beds to play/relax on! It also stays open till about 11pm so good if you fancy a night swim! Towels and iced water are provided for your use too. There is a bar by the pool aswell although I didn't use this and there is one in the lobby. Drinks are quite pricey $7 for a bottle of corona!
Our room 1202 was lovely. It had two double beds (would rather have had a king but wasn't one apparently) and looked out onto the 17th Street causeway and bridge and the port. It was on the 12th floor so this made the view even better and the balcony went right around the corner which made it feel bigger than the rooms in the middle.
The beds are SO comfortable with memory foam style mattresses and feather duvets and pillows and the room comes with large flat screen TV, coffee/tea maker, fridge, hairdryer (the usual stuff). The shower in the bathroom was amazing.....its like a rain shower!!!!
The only bad thing about the stay is the parking at the hotel. There is ample but you have to either self park for $19 a day or valet park for $21 which I personally think is a bit steep considering what you pay to stay there in the first place.
The location is good too. Short drive to the beach across the bridge and it would be very handy of you were catching a cruise from port Everglades as its right opposite the port.
All in all I loved the hotel and would stay there again!

• Liked — Pool and modern decor
  • Disliked — Parking costs
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank clairefally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,029)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

My daughter and I booked this hotel and have nothing but wonderful things to say ! It has the best beds and pillows I have ever had in any hotel and I have traveled alot. The service from everyone was above and beyond . great!!! The room was very clean and our room eas cleaned everyday while we were out. The food a drinks are expensive but so are all in Ft Lauderdale if you have a good meal. Nothing but wonderful for this hotel!!!!

• Liked — THE STAFF, VIEW, ROOM 14TH FLOOR 1405 WONDERFUL VIEW !!
  • Disliked — THERE WAS NOTHING NOT TO LIKE . WE LOVED IT!
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank HAPPYIl
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

Hubby and I stayed here 1 night pre and 1 night post cruise. I do my research and took rates into consideration. This was a great value for the money! We arrived early and had no problem checking in. For our precruise stay, we were in 1 of the villa rooms which was a bit of a walk from the main lobby but not too bad. The hotel is beautiful, stylish, modern in appearance with a nice pool area and poolside bar/small restaurant. Our room looked out on the marina, had plenty of space and a comfortable bed. The balcony was also a nice size-It was very peaceful sitting out there at 5am to watch the sunrise.

Post cruise, we stayed in a tower room which was an upgrade from our request. This time, we had a waterway view and downtown skyline was visible. Again, very comfortable bed, flat screen tv was great, nice balcony. My husband loved the shower.

The staff was very friendly and helpful at every encounter. We splurged on a meal at China Grill-wonderful but WOW-very pricey. Checkout was easy, our bill was correct and we had no problem.
Walgreens and strip mall were within walking distance-hotel does have a beach shuttle but we didn't use. Port Everglades was a short taxi ride as was the airport.
Overall, I would love to stay here again-hubby is hard to please and he enjoyed it!

• Liked — the room amenities
  • Disliked — the villas are far from the hotel lobby
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blssd124u
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

I had the opportunity to spend a few days at this newly redone hotel. Believe me, the renovation turned out great. The updating yielded a calm cooling decor that started in the lobby, continued through the banquet rooms and made its way through the rooms. The subdued colors in the lobby are remiscent of the oranges and greens of the 60's and 70's but with quieter hues that make them look fresh. The rooms are done in soft whites and neutrals that is very relaxing. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in at a hotel. All of the amenities are there and then some. The bedside clock is also an ipod clock radio/stereo and the HD television adds to the sleek feel of the room. The balcony is actually large enough to use.
Did I mention the bathroom? This is not a tiny bathroom that you can't move in. The shower was quite a surprise. The water comes from the ceiling and felt wonderful. It is like being under a waterfall.
A first class restaurant is part of the hotel. China Grill is located in the hotel and is beautiful with it's decor. The food was absolutely exquisite with efficient friendly wait staff and an experienced enthusiastic management staff that works right along side the staff. It was a pleasure just watching the staff take care of the clients.
You won't be disappointed if you want a special meal for a special occasion or a regular meal. This is not your typical hotel restaurant by any means. You don't have to be a guest of the hotel to enjoy China Grill either. Everyone is welcome. I could go on for pages about the food.
I will definitely stay here in the future AND try more items on the China Grill menu. You can't go wrong with the Grande.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank jstern5592
Midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

The staff was excellent, but that is the only thing "grande" about this hotel. No sauna, whirlpool, mini shop, kid friendly restaurant, or free internet. Things you would expect with grande and yacht club in the name.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2008

I was booked at this hotel as part of a conference at the nearby convention center. The hotel seems half finished in many parts and is in poor repair for a hotel so recently renovated. I can only imagine that the renovation was done on the cheap.

The worst part was that everyone seems to have been fraudulently charged for water that no one drank. Fraud seems to be the way they intend to make money. Worst experience ever.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The fraud
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank travelator12

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

Excellent, I`ve not a bad thing to say about our stay here. When we arrived the bell man couldn`t have been more helpful even though we weren`t valet parking. We checked in early, the staff were polite and efficient. The bell man delivered all our luggage to our room whilist we were parking the car and I was expecting him to be hanging around for a tip when we got to our room but he wasn`t which I was pleasantly surprised by.

The hotel was modern and chic which some people find a bit sterile but I loved it, it constantly looked clean and shiny. The air con was so powerful that it was a massive relief when coming in form the florida heat.

The room was stunning, it looked out over the pool and was huge. The bed was extremely large but looked small in the room - a little sad but I was really impressed with the iHome docking station in the room - the balcony was a good size. The bathroom was large enough and the shower was brilliant. We were given plenty of towels for our use. The room and the hotel was spotlessly clean at all times. There was a fridge which came in handy and if you wanted to stay in there was a flat screen TV. There was some renovation work happening on the main walkthrough but this didn`t affect our stay at all. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and by far find this the best. We weren`t travelling with children so I can`t comment on balcony safety etc. but I wouldn`t advise they go anywhere alone as its open to the harbour obviously to allow yachts to moor so there is quite a water hazard.

The pool was glorious and very clean with plenty of beds provided. The concierge and again the bell man were friendly and more then helpful with getting cabs for us and giving us extensive recommendations for places to eat.

The staff working at the pool bar were helpful although one a little grumpy but otherwise they were friendly and helpful.

The china grill I heard good things about the food but as its a hotel I thought it a little overpriced.

Location was excellent for both the airport and the port. I wouldn`t recommend trying to walk to the beach or shopping as its a little far but the hotel is located well for the water taxi which drops you near both.

The only down side was that you do get free wifi it was $10 a day and car parking was $18 a day which I thought a little steep.

We had early check out which went smoothly they had charged us extra days parking but we more then happy to rectify and it was sorted immediately.

Overall I can not fault my experience, it was excellent and I wouldn`t hesitate to stay again or recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — parking & internet steep charges
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple