“The staff is their best asset” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Nokomis, Florida
“The staff is their best asset”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The management should be proud of their A-1 staff. The physical aspect of the hotel is ok, but the attention one gets from the staff, all staff, brings up the total score. The housekeepers and maintaince crew are more often than other staff to be around when help was needed and they were outstanding.

Room Tip: Avoid the $21 fee for valet park as the walk to their parking lot isn't too bad.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,029)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Recently stayed at this property for 1 night prior to boarding our cruise. Could not have been easier. The hotel is situated near many shops and restaurants, so easy to grab dinner as well as pick up any last minute items. We booked the cruise transportation with the room which included breakfast as well ($100 all in). Easy $15 taxi from FLL, and a short 10 minute ride to the port the next morning. Check in was easy and quick, check out took a little time, as many were checking out for their cruises, lobby was packed! We had a very nice contiental breakfast from the coffee bar whilst sitting on the patio overlooking the little marina out back.

Our room was in the 'West Wing' wich required walking outside and up a ramp, to enter, which was not a problem. Glad we were only on the 2nd floor as the elevator was the slowest I have ever seen and we took the stairs up/down after the 1st attempt. Did notice the hotel could be refreshed, as some finishes were tattered along the walls in the rooma nd hallways.

Biggest dowside was the morning of checkout, our keys stopped working. Everytime. Which required a trip to the lobby for new keys. When checking out, she looked puzzled when i handed her 8 key cards. Also, still dont understand why 'Full Service' Hotels charge for everything (parking/internet/breakfast) when their typically lower cost brands provide all this included in the rate, as well as airport pick up (not an option here) as well as free transportation to the port(additional charge here). Am heading back to the area next week, and am actually staying in another Hilton branded property due to included breakfast, internet, half price parking...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here on one of our cruise trips as a cruise line preferred hotel with transportation and cruise desk in a lobby. The greeting at the front desk was warm. The room has seen better days, the sliding glass door in the bathroom didn't impress me. The room needed some overhaul but had a nice view over the pool. We ( my husband and I - both little senior ) arrived in the evening and I was little hungry. Didn't want to wait too long in the restaurant which was really just a small open area in the lobby with couple of tables and a counter to order your food. So I went out alone to the pool area bar to get a quick snack. The man who was attending the bar ignored me for good 5 - 10 minutes, looked me in the eyes couple of times but said nothing and continued asking people if they wanted more bear.....I had a feeling he mistook me for a " woman of the night". Finally I asked if I could order some food. The answer was "yes". I ordered a cup of soup with crackers. I was told it wouldn't take too long ( after I asked how long ,I would have to wait...) About 20 minutes later sitting outside in a breeze and feeling very cold, somebody brought two cups of soup. The man behind the bar brought me one, although it looked like they were both for me. I ordered a bowl, not a small cup, of an overprized soup. Didn't want to haggle anymore and eat it outside because I was too cold, I took my soup with me to the room. It was cold when I brought it in the room and my husband was wondering where I had been so long. I should have ordered room service had I known how long that would take and how bad the service was - my mistake. The next day we had breakfast in the restaurant ( actually lobby ) and paid another outrageous sum for a small and dry sandwich with coffee because that was all they had available. We paid $320.00 for one night in a basic room which needed some maintenance, the small cup of soup was $10.00 plus tip ( I shouldn't have given him anything for his attitude ) and an expensive poor breakfast in the lobby. We felt like we were ripped off. Holiday Inn would have been much better and cheaper.

The stay was actually in 2012, I just couldn't swallow the bad experience and now when I became Trip Advisor member, I decided to let everybody know.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank haidagirl2013
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear haidagirl2013,
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the dining experience you expected during your past stay. We regularly update our menus and will consider your comments to help us improve. We have a new option for breakfast, a full buffet with omelet station and fresh waffles served in the Waterway room with lovely views of the Intracoastal Waterway. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area so we may demonstrate our improvement.
Warm regards,
Mariana Perea, Food and Beverage Manager, mariana (dot) perea (at) hilton (dot) com

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Denham Springs, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

When you register at this Hilton, you make get the cheaper price, but you will also get the area of rooms that is not connected to the Hilton. It seems as though the Hilton bought another motel next to it and tried to make it to fit the Hilton. You have to go outside to get to your room, which is your first clue. The real Hilton is excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Sharon T,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your observations. Our hotel has three buildings connected by breezeways: the East and West Villas and the Tower. The guest rooms are similar in size, décor, furnishings and date of renovation; the primary variable is the view. We hope you visit us again soon.
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed there for 5 days for business. For the price I paid - $95/ night - the hotel was OK. The lobby is plain and small with a very small coffee bar. The carpet in the hallways is dirty and the walls need a good cleaning. The room was clean and bug free. The bar outside ( G-Bar ) is where I hung out in the evenings. Excellent service and the food was above average. Would I go again--no but then again for the price that I paid it was a good value for the buck.

Room Tip: Rooms in the east wing are better
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank loungesinger
Dear loungesinger,
We’re pleased you were pleased with our service and the G Bar, poolside, and disappointed that you found some aspects of your stay not-so-great. Our carpets are only five-years old and light colored and have not held up well to heavy use despite frequent vacuuming and shampooing, with stains we cannot remove. New carpet in the tower corridors is being installed now and we plan to replace all guest room and corridor carpets over the next year. We hope you will return soon to check out all of our improvements.
Morrison, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Yes, this hotel is dated, the hall carpets need replaced, and the West Wing elevators don't function properly, BUT we were treated extremely well and it was a comfortable home away from home. We loved the West Wing room with a veranda overlooking the marina. We had an extended stay due to a member of our group being hospitalized after our cruise. Sara and Pamela in the lobby bar/breakfast area took great care daily in providing us our complimentary breakfast and encouraging words. The lobby staff graciously extended our stay at the same rate at which it was booked. We had 2 rooms with wonderful views and great showers. The outside bar area is lovely. We had a short 1 1/2 block walk to catch a bus for $.85 to get back and forth to the hospital. We have nothing but great things to say about the community of Fort Lauderdale and the staff at the Hilton Marina Hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a Marina view. When leaving for a cruise, the tower with a port view was also pleasant. We...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patti U
Dear Patti U,
We’re pleased to learn that you found a home away from home while coping with your friend’s unexpected hospitalization. And we’re especially pleased that Sara and Pamela provided encouragement and our front desk graciously extended your stay. We shared your comments with our entire team to recognize their success. Most of our guest rooms have balconies. New corridor carpets are being installed now and a complete modernization of the West Villa elevators has been approved and is being designed and manufactured, with installation early in 2014. Patti U, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me when your travels will bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed one night prior to a cruise and booked through a third party. It's a great location if going on a cruise but that's a about it. The lobby is very pretty but the hall carpets are worn and stained. Our room needed a good painting. The room was in the west wing and faced the bridge & parking lot. I was worried about traffic noise but it wasn't too bad. The check in lady had absolutely no personality to the point of being rude. One thing we noticed as we sat in the lobby for a while was not one employee smiled. I think some major attitude adjustments need to be made.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane L
Dear Jane L,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate your honesty. The carpets are only five-years old and light colored and have not held up well to heavy use despite frequent vacuuming and shampooing. New carpet in the tower corridors is being installed now and we plan to replace all guest room and corridor carpets over the next year. Painting is a daily project. We've shared your concerns with our team and welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.