“Great place to stay”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #59 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 January 2014

For those cruising out of Port Everglades this is great place to stay. We have stayed there the last three years before and after our cruises and find the location super convenient. There are some good restaurants in the area and I would suggest eating out as the hotel choices are slim and expensive. The pool area is well maintained and they now have a pool ambassador, Demetrius, who was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room in the tower, more convenient when you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,080)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Started my week stay rough...better communication and organization is needed. Stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina on business, traveling from California on a red eye flight. The decision was made after confirming with the the hotel that a room would be available upon my arrival.

Well to my surprise, I get there at 6am and my room was not ready, heck, it was a sold out night. No option of upgrading to a suite or some sort of accommodation from the hotel staff. All I was told was that I would have to hang out until house keeping came in at 9 or 9:30am....mind you, I had to start a meeting at 8am. Shift change came, so new staff came to the front desk, and the initial clerk did not even notify the new shift of the situation...

Luckily, a room became available and was given to me on the West Villas...I was just happy to put my head on a pillow. Once I settled down, went to my meetings and came back, I brought back some snacks and water to put in the in-room mini refrigerator, to my surprise...it DID NOT work. I called and asked them to have somebody come and take a look at it or replace it if possible. They promised somebody would be up in my room during the day...Never came. I reminded front desk again, nothing, a third time, nothing...I finally gave up and had warm water instead.

It's weird service for a Hilton...have never experienced anything like it...hotel staff seems to give a rats butt about anything, they are there to get a check and go home. That was just my feeling.

In short, don't expect too much.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hmtz837
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Filthy rooms, rude staff, COMPLETELY incompetent housekeeping service, extremely loud/noisy. Carpets were stained, tables and desk tops went uncleaned for the duration of the stay, foul odor permeated the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kenneth G
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Kenneth G,
We apologize that we did not meet expectations and we are actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. Clean, comfortable surroundings are very important to us and we are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience. I have left you a couple of messages, hoping to speak with you further about your concerns. Thank you for your feedback.
Warm regards,
Glenville Huntington, Executive Housekeeper, glenville.huntington@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our last day in Florida we end up at this Fort Lauderdale Hilton. I stay at hilton a lot for both business and personal trips. Because of that I guess I have an expectation of how the service and property should be.

Admittedly we arrived early and they did have a room. Considering the lobby was PACKED with people checking out (I assume to make their way to the cruise ships in port) I was happy to have a room.

As a side note, the valet guys were good. Took care of keeping the car close because we told the, we would be leaving in about 45 min.

The main elevators were not working so we had to head way done to some alternates. Got to the room and the bleach smell was pretty strong. No problem I know they just cleaned it. The room was a little dated. Not terrible but certainly not new. Not very convenient charging outlets for all the phones and iPads we had.

Now this was in the middle of football bowl season. I check and espn doesn't work. OH NO! My college was playing that night. I call the front desk 2 times. No answer after ringing for 5 min each time. Wow! I head down and to the desk. I ask to have maintenance come check the Tv

We head out to dinner and come back. The maintenance man left a hand note that the digital HD ones were not working but we could watch non-digital on other channels. Well, at least we can see it.

Checked out the next day with no problems. So overall it's a good location and ok price. Services were fair. Rooms were fair. So I give it a "meh" rating.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Hotel's access to the water taxi compensates being a bit off the main road, loved the experience. The staff is pleasant and willing to assist. The pool and surrounding areas were clean and inviting. The rooom was clean and quite comfortable. Spent two nights and loved it!

Room Tip: We had a higher floor and enjoyed being able to admire the view without the noise.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It is a wonderful hotel, and a good choice to stay one night before starting the cruise. It's near to the port, so the location is the best in FL! The pool outside is very very nice!!! The service was not so good. The breakfast is so expensive, and we asked 3 person about it, and got 3 prices... It's a bit strange...

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The comfortable, clean, tasteful and the hotel rooms are excellent. The proximity to the beach, and walgreens and Publix supermarkets, nearby restaurants and an excellent view of the bay are best for a holiday with your partner and enjoy the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple