“decent hotel for price”

Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Toronto, Canada
“decent hotel for price”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at the hilton during the preparation of a regatta. The hotel was nice, i got to stay in the tower and in the two level side room of the hotel. I think that the tower rooms are better, somewhat feel newer or fresher than the side rooms. Lobby is nice with fresh tasting fruit water. Beautiful pool and lots of walkable restaurants in the area

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Mathew G,
We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, including our beautiful pool area and the many nearby restaurants. Please come back soon!
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,094)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip for 5 nights. Luckily I ended up in the "Tower" which is newer. My colleagues did not fare as well ini the "West Villas"
I need to start by saying I was surprised by the standards of this Hilton, as generally they are quite good venues for the price.
When I first saw my room, I was pleased. It was spacious, bright and had a small balcony. However, the morning after my first night, I was surprised by a soaked carpet which ended up also soaking my purse and the entire contents of it.
When I called the front desk, they sent maintenance up right way, (great service I thought), and he quickly mentioned that it was a leak in the A/C pan, and that he would get a blower to come and dry the carpet right away.
I then left the room for my first day in conference. When I returned that evening, no blower had been brought up to my room, and the carpet was still soaked.
When I called the front desk, they apologized and said they were not sure why maintenance had not followed through. They would call them again, and if they found me a room, would I like to move? Unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked, and another room was not an option, so they brought up droves of towels to place on my wet carpet (no apologies for ruining the contents of my purse)
This continued for the 5 day stay - no blower arrived and my carpet remained wet for the duration of my stay. On the third day, the housekeeping staff removed the towels that were at least keeping my feet from getting soaked as I walked around, and when I called to ask for them to be replaced as no one had yet seen fit to drying my carpet, they showed up with a cleaning brush and spot remover. Honestly?
They did make good at the end and credit me one night stay which eased the pain slightly.
service in the breakfast buffet excruciatingly slow...I guess most people are there on vacation and don't need to rush to a business meeting.
The restaurant (asian) was actually fantastic and would highly recommend it.
Unless you are desparate for a stay near the marina, I would give this hotel a miss.

Room Tip: stay in the Tower if you must stay here
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Elli362
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Elli362,
We're glad we had the chance to serve you during your business travels to Fort Lauderdale and regret that your stay was not completely comfortable. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention so we could help resolve it; your review was shared with the relevant departments. We're sorry that the wet carpet was not completely dry and that we could not accommodate you with a room change. We just expanded our breakfast staffing in our beautiful Waterway Room on the Intracoastal Waterway. We hope you'll consider giving us a second chance to make a better impression.
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here for four nights because I was attending a conference at the Broward Convention Center a block away, and I wanted to be within walking distance. Perhaps because of the conference, I ended up paying $275 a night, plus $22 a night for self-parking. With taxes and fees, therefore, well over $300 a night. I don't think I have ever paid so much for so little. Things were constantly broken, and service was lacking. When I arrived, one of the three elevators to the 13-floor tower was broken, and I didn't see anyone working on it, so I asked the bellman "Do you guys know that one of the elevators isn't working?" I expected an answer such as "Yes, we're having someone come in to work on it tomorrow," (this was a Wednesday), but he just said "Yes, we know."
The automatic gate for the self-parking only worked one day during my stay. I went to the Asian restaurant once, and the table was wobbly. Although I mentioned it to the waiter from the beginning, suggesting that a towel should fix the problem, he never took care of the problem. When the bill came, 18% was automatically tacked on as a gratuity (slyly), but then there was another blank line for "Gratuity," which I find kind of offensive. I guess they're hoping some guests will have had too much to drink and not notice, leading to a windfall tip!
After the 2nd day of the conference, I went to my room and the card key wasn't working. Incidentally, they still hadn't fixed the elevator by then (nor did I see anyone working on it, though, to be fair, I was at the conference during the day). I had to go to reception, and wasn't too happy to see one person working the desk at 6 PM in a hotel with hundreds of rooms (the 13- story tower is only one of the buildings). I had to wait in a long line before I could get my key fixed. I'd never done this before, but I actually wrote an e-mail at that point to complain to the manager. I did get some restitution, otherwise my rating would have been two dots. I did notice that the next day when I got back from the conference, at least all 3 elevators were working, and there were three people manning the front desk (having the 3rd elevator working made a big difference in wait times!).
Unlike most Hiltons, this one has no executive lounge, normally available to a Gold HHonors member such as myself, and I had to wait in a fairly long line for the complimentary breakfast for the gold members. Also, unlike most Hiltons, there is no bath tub, and the shower head didn't spray evenly.
I've written hundreds of reviews on this site, and I'm really not a whiner. However, when I'm paying what I consider fairly big money, I expect a certain level of service, comfort, and functionality. It seemed to me that this hotel seems content to capitalize on its convenient location to the convention center and perhaps to the cruise port (although since most cruise passengers will need to take a cab anyways, I'm not sure the proximity to the cruise port is a big plus).
On the plus side, the rooms were quiet and clean, except one foggy morning, when I was actually woken up three times before 6 AM by ships blaring their fog-horns. The internet connection was also better than average, although not super-speedy either.

Room Tip: Most rooms on either side of the main tower have views of the intercoastal waterway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear “lebelgo,”
Thanks for staying with us and taking time to share your detailed feedback, which we value. We apologize for the mishaps you experienced with the elevator and service. We will keep your feedback in mind.
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The staff member who checked us in was not friendly at all and there was no offer to have our luggage taken up to our room.
We could hear EVERYTHING through the thin room walls which didnt make for a good sleep after 20hours of flying. The temporary gym was tiny and ill equipped. However, the concierge (Pedro) was very helpful as he recommended the water taxi for transport and sightseeing which we enjoyed! We also had an amazing view from our room over the pool and waterways. The outdoor bar had a fun atmosphere on Friday night. Glad that there were shuttles to the cruise terminals on Saturday which was handy.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Siobhan F
Dear Siobhan F,
Thank you for your compliment of our concierge, Pedro – it was shared with our entire team and meant a lot to him. We’re pleased you enjoyed the Water Taxi, one of the best ways to see Fort Lauderdale, the Venice of America, from the water. Our newly-renovated Fitness Center has opened with all-new equipment and an outside deck being added to it. We hope you come back soon for more fun with us at the G Bar and Grill, poolside.
Monroe, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Located just a five minute ride to the cruise ship. Good service and staff and lives up to Hilton standard. Very nice pool and bar area right on the marina. If I had only one thing that was negative about the hotel having to pay for parking per day at $20. I had only one night and paid for the valet that was $26. I came in and out of the hotel and my car was always brought to me quickly. For longer stay that would be costly added to you bill.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kenneth R,
We’re so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our pool area is one of the best poolscapes in Fort Lauderdale and the G Bar and Grill is popular with guests and locals alike. We compare parking prices in our area and ours is among the lowest in the beach area. We’re pleased to hear that our valet team served you well. We hope you will come back soon.
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Gross. Don't stay. Upgraded to a larger bed @ check in & they gave a handicaped rm w/ trip hazzard platform bed (tiny uncomfortable smaller than dbl bed!) Room was dusty surface like the rm had not been used or cleaned in a very long time. Grey dirty towels. dirty walls like a coffee had been spilled up the wall & never cleaned. Tile grout was gross dirty black mold like. broken lock (sharp edges/cut) on door. Just gross/never will stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank R23Rosemary
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your feedback, both here and on Hilton’s guest survey, and also for talking with me on the phone. We are very sorry for the cleanliness problems you encountered. We have addressed your concerns with our team and will work to ensure such missteps do not continue. We hope that you'll consider giving us another opportunity for a better experience.
Warm regards,
Emmanuel Omigie, Housekeeping Manager, emmanuel (dot) omigie1 (at) Hilton (dot) com
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our stay at this hotel was a wonderful experience because we were fortunate enough to meet Raquel Pachecho as soon as we arrived. She made sure we were well accommodated and comfortable from the moment we arrived until the moment we departed.Far beyond what we expected. We had a wonderful couple of days there and will definitely choose the same place for our next stay in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear “rf2205,”
Raquel was so pleased to “make the headline” on TripAdvisor, and we have recognized her with our entire team. We all hope you will come back soon for another fantastic stay.