Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$187
  • Beachfront
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
US$339
US$294
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$233
US$187
US$107
US$101
RodewayInn
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$342
US$208
Hotwire.com
5,188 results
All reviewsg barwater taxitower roompool barport evergladescruise shippre cruiseintercoastal waterwaypool sidelas olasnankingbalconyshipsftlauderdaleconciergewalgreens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Checked into the tower room on 8th floor. Had a great view of the marina, the coastal waterway and other activities. We spent a lot of time on the balcony just taking in the beautiful scenery. The staff was excellent and very helpful. They had a guest laundry which was nice.

Room Tip: Tower room on upper level.
1  Thank RNBOATER
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Front desk staff was rude to me when I ask about a receipt. The girl that served me at the f desk was not pleasant at all. Yet it is my privilege to ask for it, isn't it!

Another comment I want to express, is that they leave a tiny bottles of shampoo in the bath tub area. I think they need to increase the size of those.

I find this hotel pricey for me however it might not hurt others!!!

I am not planning to return this hotel at all for the future Florida visits.

having said that, I must point a couple of positive things about this place which are; work out room had fresh apples, thumb up for that.
the pool was a good size!

Room Tip: ask rooms pool side area. we were at the canal side, was not able to use the balcony because of mosquitoes! more ssecurity on self park garage area as our trunk was played by a screw driver.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been staying at this property since the it changed from Marriott to Hilton years ago. Recently I have stayed at this Hilton three times, once each in the past three months, and many times over the past two years.

The location is simply great, and I have had some terrific experiences here in the past. But, things are changing at this property. The price has dropped below the cost of local Hampton Inns. This should have tipped me off right away. The staff have not recovered from the peak season and have crappy attitudes even though things are comparatively quiet. This is not customary.

The entire situation got off to a bad start when my travel plans changed and I called the hotel to change my reservations. Travis, who took my call treated me like a total idiot and was a condescending jerk. Since I was stuck with the original plan, I had to drive 100 miles each way.

It took over 30 minutes to check-in. The folks working the counter were disorganized. I started off in one of the two lines, but when it was my turn, the check-in guy had to take care of something for a couple employees, so I got moved to the other line which had seven other people in it at the time. This is the first time I have been bumped out of a hotel check-in line so that the hotel could accommodate some employee needs. This type of prioritization is unusual for any hospitality setting.

When I did get my room, the room number was not written on the key jacket, so I had to go back and then wait for things to get corrected. The room was not an upgrade, which is unusual since I am Hilton Diamond. Usually, if I don't get an upgrade, at least I get a "thank-you" for customer loyalty. Not here. The last guest left a fine strand of dental floss next to the sink for me that the maid must have ignored, along with a few other things. The good news was that all three elevators were actually working this time, Last month, only one elevator was in service!

I won't eat here anymore. The food is nothing special, and better choices and values are within walking distance. Years ago, this hotel had destination restaurants.

So, the last time I dealt with this pattern in Ft. Lauderdale was at the airport Hilton just after the decision was made to demolish the property.( It has now been torn down.) At that hotel, the reduction of services, price reductions and slow erosion of physical conditions was OK to deal with once the secret was out because I loved that old creepy place. The progressive deterioration was easy to watch in the last year that the property was in operation, and you could actually joke with the staff as things fell apart.

It sure looks like the same thing has started at the Hilton Marina. Things are slipping noticeably. Service is inconsistent and indifferent. Finishes and fixtures are showing age, wear and dirt. It is sad to think that the Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away is a better choice, but unless they change something at this Hilton, HIX might be a better choice.

When you add the parking problems, and some other nuisances, the overall impact is too much to justify. This place is getting its butt kicked and capitalism will cause it to die as it looses its ability to compete.

1  Thank DPB123
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a very nice full-service hotel with access to other shopping within walking distance. This is obviously a choice hotel for those embarking or disembarking from a cruise at the Port Everglades terminals. The restaurants within the hotel served good food at a cost commensurate with a hotel with a captive audience.

While transportation is not provided by the hotel (other less-expensive hotels in the area will), transportation is available to the port for less than $8 per person.

The rooms were well kept, the complex feels secure and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was in south Florida for a couple of days on business. I wanted a location near the airport, but also by the water. Hilton Marina filled those requirements completely.

- Great Staff
- Outdoor pool & marina side bar
- Great room overlooking the pool
- Good plug access from both desk and bed
- Funky shower (It takes a bit to figure out how not to flood the room).

Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: The villas surround the pool or else look out over the marina and charter boats. The tower has good distance views from high up. I prefer the poolside villas