“Stay Somewhere Else”

Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sydney, Australia
“Stay Somewhere Else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We spent one night here on a month road trip of the Atlantic Coast. I was looking forward to being spoilt at the Hilton but oh wow we were so crushed? I will NEVER book at any Hilton in the world because of this hotel (and we travel a lot!). The room we were allocated was small with a view of the car park and freeway. The pool is way too small for the capacity of the hotel. The pool water is cloudy and a very uncomfortable temperature, it's more like warm bath which is what you feel like doing after swimming in it due to the gross amount of sunscreen lotions/oils and who knows what else floating in it. Our TV was broken and could only get analogue channel which had very poor reception. When we called guest services they said the problem was hotel wide however when we asked how the TV in the lobby was able to show the World Cup Soccer they couldn't answer. If your driving, beware, they slog you with a massive USD 21 a day fee. WIFI is not complimentary like all other hotels we visited on the east coast, disgraceful. I have left the best for last though. We had dinner at the poolside bar. We ordered and when the food arrived, my dinner was missing the main component, the pork sliders. They only served me a basket of fries. I had to ask where my sliders were, only to be told "sorry we ran out". I was absolutely floored that there was no offer of replacement or even an apology once the order was placed that an item was no longer available. They just dumped it on the table and hoped I wouldn't notice. Please do yourself a favour and choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SallyD65
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear SallyD65,
Thank you for sharing your candid experiences. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. We apologize that we did not exceed your expectations on amenities and guest room. Our pool is not heated this time of year; its temperature is the result of warm sunny days that keep the water temperature in the 80s; we will, however, address the water cleanliness issues you describe. We regret that there was a TV reception issue; our guest room delivery system is separate from the one in our public areas. Our parking fees are among the lowest in this market. We absolutely agree that the server did not handle the missing item appropriately and we should have done more to ensure your satisfaction. We will coach our team accordingly. We hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to our area in the future.
Warm regards,
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,048)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My entire stay at this Hilton was flawless. Service, room, area of hotel, pricing and food was excellent. I will stay here anytime I am in this area and will recommend it to my friends and family to stay here as well.

Room Tip: It is only a few dollars more to upgrade the rooms and is well worth the view and comfort for a few...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hesperia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel, it has great accommodations and is very quiet. I was able to walk to restaurants, shopping and is very close to a nice beach. I was able to relax and enjoyed it!! The staff were very nice and welcoming!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Its a Hilton "resort" location with a good, but very expensive, on site China Grill. Views are nice of either the cruise port or the intercoastal waterway.

We use Hilton points to stay here. There are a lot of other choices less expensive to stay if we were paying for it.

That being said, it is well located for a pre-cruise night or two. There is good walking over to the beach area, lots of local restaurants, a Walgreen's close by, a Ross and the water taxi stops close by. The bridge is always fun to walk over and you can check out all the yachts that park along side.

The rooms are basic, not large, tiny balcony, small bathroom, but functional. Good workout room, great pool, and the buffet breakfast is good.

For a weekend or family get away, I would recommend staying over on the beach. The Mariott looks pretty impressive.

For a pre-cruise night or two, let pricing be your guide...

Room Tip: Either side is a good view. Higher = better view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles C
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was in the east terrace and it's not terrible, but is ready for some renovation. Some paint, new carpet and a new elevator would help. Some of the staff is unfriendly while others are great. A special young lady from Venezuela and Peter the bar tender are two of the great ones. The service at the pool bar is very slow.

Room Tip: I would avoid the east terrace.
1 Thank Robert B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have been to this property very recently and I must inform you that I have stayed in different and well known chain of hotels such as Hyatt and Starwood.

The amazing part of my stay which did make the most difference is the staff on board at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina.

I have been a Hilton HH member over 15 years and I must say among all other members of the staff one person stand out the most was the Assistance F/O Manager Ms. Zeynep Dincer she was absolutely amazing with her incredible professional attendance to my room requests and other aspects of the entire stay for a conference that I was attending.

I have to admit I will pay a visit to this location not only for business but, also for leisure in the near future. I would like to praise the Hilton Management organization for providing such an incredible staff and professional members in their capacity to welcome and take care of their guests.

Thank you.

1 Thank Kayhan Y
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was the official hotel for a conference I attended. The hotel itself is nothing spectacular - seems like an older hotel that has been recently partially renovated. When I arrived, I didn't have our business credit card with me, and had difficulty checking in. The first girl I dealt with was rude. She didn't offer much explanation or help solving the problem. I went outside for a few minutes to try and make some phone calls and figure out what to do. I had been at the beach all day and needed to have my weekend rental car back to the airport in around two hours, and I needed to get checked into my hotel somehow. This is quite a stressful hiccup when you're more than a thousand miles from home. When I came back in, I dealt with a desk agent named Woodey. He was extremely kind and helpful - he was to the point, honest, and warm. He changed the tone of the stay completely.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing 17th street
Dear Sabrina G,
We’re happy to hear that Woodey turned your stay around, and he appreciates the headline! Please come back soon!
Warm regards,