“Resort style stay”

Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Resort style stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and enjoyed lounging by the pool and activities available. The staff brings fruit poolside as a snack and their are drink specials at poolside bar. Close to the causeway and beaches and Hilton does provide a free shuttle to one of the Fort Lauderdale beaches with a short walk to restauarants from drop-off location. Staff is very attentive and rooms comfortable. The gym has state-of-the art treadmills that I still brag about if you want to stay fit during your stay.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the Tower that have greater views of ocean and intercoastal if that is your goal.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank iltrekguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,086)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cedar Rapids, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved this hotel! Kept cleaned really well. Staff was very cordial from arrival. You have to go to the bar by the pool! Amazing staff, quick, efficient, serviceable, personable and they make great drinks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Emilie P
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Ok I stayed there for 2days to attend a tradeshow. The first thing the beds are really low almost as if theyre catering for Asians and the rooms are very dated.

I had to leave early morning and my friend who stayed in another room who had my taxi fare for the airport was still sleeping. Tried calling him several times via his room number to no avail. I simply called reception/concierge whatever its called to ask if they can send up a security or something so that I can make sure that he did come to his room the night before. In a tone the female receptionist said that she cannot send up anybody it is not thier policy so that i should try calling him again. I hang up and continued calling him probably 30 times to no avail.

When I could no longer take it I called reception back and asked this time if they can call his cell phone for me because i am from the caribbean and the roaming fees are sucking my money, she said that I can use the room phone it is LESS THAN A DOLLAR. I said ok and tried calling my friend cell I made it ring three times and hung up never making it go to voicemail. I tried twice. Gave up and since I had to check out before 6:30 since my cab had to pick me up at 6:30.I went to try knocking on my friend's room door to see if he would hear to no avail. Very panicked since I am not in my country and money is not readily availavle to me since my friend had all of it I decided to check out. The same receptionist (i could tell by her voice)is giving me something to sign (when I checked in I gave $50 for incidentals) showing $32 ;I told her I gave $50 upon check in she said let her check. ..she is saying I made two phone calls.....very annoyed I told her no body picked up why do I have to pay? and besides I thought u told me the call is LESS THAN $1, almost as if she is more vex than me she says "even if the call didnt go through they still charge". I then asked how much is the call....mam said $7 something ( cant recall the cents).I think my tone really told her that I want my $50 because already I do not have money for taxi dont you think I need that $50 to at least get me half way...choops

She did whatever she had to do to give me my $50 then I asked her for the last time if she can send up someone to my friend's room so that I can pay for my taxi. Without giving a damn about my situation she very rudely said "I cannot do that" I said so how im I going to get to th airport, her response "well mam thats something you have to decide" shocked I jus put my bags to the side and totally sucked it in and went to my friends room for the last time to help myself because at the rate this unprofessional receptionist was going she didnt give a damn if I missed my flight or if I stayed and cried myself to sleep...once again to no avail I did not get my friend, went bk downstairs n on my way to reception I met this security who I explained my situation to. With absolutely no hesistation (clearly understanding ny desperation)took me up to my friend room. He identified himself as security and opened the door however the safety latch was on so he called him by his name and capoot! He woke up very thankful to this african american security I told him his my angel and i am very thankful... got my money and got the hell out of this hell hole.

I really hope management will read this review because this african american weaved hair receptionist never did her job as to making me satisfied, worryfree, and a happy guest. Looked like she came to work with all her stress from the night before. Really wish I took her name but in the spare of the moment I couldnt be bothered. But if management is reading this you will know who if you check your system and see who checked out guest in room number 3301 on july 23rd between 6:00 and 6:30 am.

Customer service is something I know that takes any business miles apart from thier competition and clearly this "madam" has no training. At the rate shes going if she meets up with a millionaire guest shes sure to get all yelling that she deserves

Apart from this one who spoiled the broth other staff were great and very polite however I wont be back

• Stayed July 2014
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear K M,
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the unpleasant experience. We certainly never want our guests to feel undervalued or disrespected. We've reviewed your detailed feedback with the appropriate members of our team and addressed your concerns accordingly. We regret any inconvenience or discomfort you encountered and welcome any additional comments.
carlsbad, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I totally enjoyed my stay. This hotel is in the perfect location to enjoy everything that Fort Lauderdale has to offer. It was just a quick walk to the riverboat for a tour and the views are absolutely breathtaking from the hotel. The staff were very friendly and went that extra mile to accommodate my needs. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Streamwood, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Broward County Convention Center. The hotel is in a cool location. From my room I could see the cruise ships returning to and departing from Port Everglades. My room was in need of being refreshed. The carpet looked tired and stained. The tiles in the shower were in need of a deep cleaning or just replaced. There were a lot of nicks and marks on the doors making the room look worn out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LotusExplorerTravel
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear LotusExplorerTravel,
Thanks for staying with us while you enjoyed your conference at the Convention Center, a pleasant three-minute walk from our hotel. The comings and goings of the cruise ships are indeed picturesque. We are happy to tell you that we are nearly finished with a major spring/summer project of installing new guest room carpet and new beds, working on all the mechanicals, painting and deep cleaning in every room, and we sincerely wish we had finished your room before your stay. Please come back soon and check out our new look.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was nice but the restaurants close early. The up side, comfy bed, pool was heated. Pick Pier 66 across the intracoastal they have much nicer pool and they have a huge pool like Jacuzzi not to mention their more comfortable beds.

Room Tip: First room was hot, second room was way too loud from the 17th street traffic. Pick a high floor if...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Bette2440,
Thanks so much for staying with us. We’re pleased you enjoyed our comfortable beds and our pool. Please come back soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Check-in was a snap, the front desk and lobby staff very courteous. The room was nice, though I wish I would have requested a different view (I got to face the highway - woo hoo).

I prefer rooms with a walk-in shower and this room met my expectations. There was a nice patio to enjoy the sun and the cool ocean breeze.

Breakfast was a choice of a great buffet or made-to-order eggs. Delicious.

There are lots of good restaurants nearby to choose from if you want to get out of the hotel or just walk on the beach.

Check-out was also simple, and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator - terrorists (tourists) are loud. Also choose a room with a marina view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lang C,
We value your business and appreciate your taking time to write a review. We’re glad your check-in was smooth and that you enjoyed our staff. Almost all of our rooms have balconies, which is quite a plus in this tropical, picturesque location with water views. There are around twenty restaurants on 17th Street within a 5 to 15 minute walk. We look forward to your return.