The staff who mended the grounds, and interacted with guests in the outdoor areas were GREAT!
The Amenities were up to par, really enjoyed the robes, toiletries, views, beds.
With having a strong customer service background, I always have a higher expectation when it comes to accommodating people at times of inconvenience. I didn't get that sense when I had booked my stay here at this Hilton. I had a two night reservation, and due to another reservation gone wrong, my best friend and I decided to add another night at this location. We arrived 1 day early, and was told that we would have a room by 4pm because the rooms were not read, (we arrived at about 1pm) and we're welcomed to use the pool and all of the hotel features and to check back around 4. We left our bags at the front after it being tagged, and went out to enjoy the Florida sun by the pool. No big deal right? Wrong. At about 4pm, sun soaked and starving, us two ladies were ready to check in, shower and go find some delicious dinner. We went to check in and was told that we did not have a reservation. She said she didn't see anything in her system that showed we had a reservation. at that point i was a little upset, disappointed, tired, smelled like sunblock and chlorine. Mind you, I'm from the North and when things go wrong like this, we're not very happy people. Long story short, we were given a room after she called the customer service line in the main tower.
It doesn't end there.
It seemed like they did not combine the reservation after i explained to them i needed the reservation to be combined. The following day, us two ladies went out and soaked up some more sun, and again, by 3pm we were ready to go get ready. Well I wasn't able to get into my room. EVERYTHING was locked in the room. All i had was my little wallet with (thank goodness) my license and credit card. We went to the front desk and she again stated that she did not see my 2nd reservation, and proceeded to tell me that they did not combine my two reservations. On top of that, there was no apology, instead she was brutally annoyed by the fact that i was upset. I believe a supervisor who was manning the hotel traffic came up (sweet sweet little old man and i gave him a hug afterwards) and offered us complimentary breakfast for our troubles. The front desk staff was actually angry at him, and even said "we don't do that". We also received a complimentary drink by one of the supervisors for the lounge area who was super funny and helpful. We were there on vacation and we wanted to make things less complicated as possible, and I felt that the front staff doesn't understand that when people are on vacation, they're not there to argue, or give you a hard time, if there was an option to bypass a front desk, sign me up!
Overall, I'd stay there again, but avoid interaction with the front. This is the hotel that most cruisers lodge at while they wait to go on their cruise or come back, so there will be a LOT of foot traffic. if you want something quiet, this isn't the place for you. If you want something nice to stay in between traveling, this isn't so bad. The main tower room from what we were told offers the best accommodations. If you see the pictures from past travelers, it pretty much sums it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers the ultimate location on the Intracoastal Waterway. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is a stunning resort-style hotel close to the city's vast attractions including Las Olas Boulevard, which is alive with shops, restaurants and bars. All guest rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows delivering amazing views of downtown, the Intracoastal Waterway or the bustling Fort Lauderdale marine port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel Yacht Club
- Grande Hotel Fort Lauderdale