“Great Amenities”

Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Amenities”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pros:
The staff who mended the grounds, and interacted with guests in the outdoor areas were GREAT!
The Amenities were up to par, really enjoyed the robes, toiletries, views, beds.

Cons:
With having a strong customer service background, I always have a higher expectation when it comes to accommodating people at times of inconvenience. I didn't get that sense when I had booked my stay here at this Hilton. I had a two night reservation, and due to another reservation gone wrong, my best friend and I decided to add another night at this location. We arrived 1 day early, and was told that we would have a room by 4pm because the rooms were not read, (we arrived at about 1pm) and we're welcomed to use the pool and all of the hotel features and to check back around 4. We left our bags at the front after it being tagged, and went out to enjoy the Florida sun by the pool. No big deal right? Wrong. At about 4pm, sun soaked and starving, us two ladies were ready to check in, shower and go find some delicious dinner. We went to check in and was told that we did not have a reservation. She said she didn't see anything in her system that showed we had a reservation. at that point i was a little upset, disappointed, tired, smelled like sunblock and chlorine. Mind you, I'm from the North and when things go wrong like this, we're not very happy people. Long story short, we were given a room after she called the customer service line in the main tower.

It doesn't end there.

It seemed like they did not combine the reservation after i explained to them i needed the reservation to be combined. The following day, us two ladies went out and soaked up some more sun, and again, by 3pm we were ready to go get ready. Well I wasn't able to get into my room. EVERYTHING was locked in the room. All i had was my little wallet with (thank goodness) my license and credit card. We went to the front desk and she again stated that she did not see my 2nd reservation, and proceeded to tell me that they did not combine my two reservations. On top of that, there was no apology, instead she was brutally annoyed by the fact that i was upset. I believe a supervisor who was manning the hotel traffic came up (sweet sweet little old man and i gave him a hug afterwards) and offered us complimentary breakfast for our troubles. The front desk staff was actually angry at him, and even said "we don't do that". We also received a complimentary drink by one of the supervisors for the lounge area who was super funny and helpful. We were there on vacation and we wanted to make things less complicated as possible, and I felt that the front staff doesn't understand that when people are on vacation, they're not there to argue, or give you a hard time, if there was an option to bypass a front desk, sign me up!

Overall, I'd stay there again, but avoid interaction with the front. This is the hotel that most cruisers lodge at while they wait to go on their cruise or come back, so there will be a LOT of foot traffic. if you want something quiet, this isn't the place for you. If you want something nice to stay in between traveling, this isn't so bad. The main tower room from what we were told offers the best accommodations. If you see the pictures from past travelers, it pretty much sums it up.

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower, the rooms are cleaner, nicer, and more updated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Pachith K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the details of your service experiences. We acknowledge that we missed the hand offs and are sorry for that. We’re confident in saying that since October we have expanded our front office team and focused more on consistent and daily training, which will prevent recurrence. We’re delighted you enjoyed our outdoor team and our great views and amenities. Please come back soon!
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,093)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Room was very clean and attractive.
Limited pool view with palms hanging
over balcony. Limited lobby area.
The Asian restaurant had excellent food at an excellent price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Trotter1300,
Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor readers. We are the closest hotel to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention Center. We’re pleased you enjoyed your room and Nanking, our newest offering, which serves Asian fusion for dinner. We invite you to come back soon.
Matteson
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked this hotel through the cruise line. Our shuttle from the airport was prompt. As our room was not ready when we arrived, the bell captian held our bags while we waited at the bar (no complaint about the service there). The room had a nice view of their pool area. It was clean and for once had a room fan that did not sound like a power saw.
As this was through the cruise line, the receptionist pointed us to the cruise representative who arranged for our baggage pick up and shuttle to the port.
The location was near to restaurants (including one which is affiliated with a culinary school, i.e. gourmet at bargain prices) and a drug store which proved useful.
I have no complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank weekender099
Dear weekender099,
Thanks for sharing your great travel experiences with us and in Fort Lauderdale. We’re pleased you enjoyed the Chef’s Palette – we will share your review with our team members who are students there.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were here for 5 nights, and in a pool view room with balcony and 2 double beds. The room was great - clean, spacious and the view was pleasant. Housekeeping were very friendly. In-room dining and cafe in the lobby had suitable food for our kids.

Location, though, is not so great for a long stay with young children. There's not much nearby to keep young kids entertained. Location is ideal if you are staying here for a night before or after a cruise, as the port is very close.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KazfromSydney
Dear KazfromSydney,
We’re pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. For your next visit, our concierge suggests the kid-friendly Funderdome, Water Taxi, Jungle Queen, Duck Tours and Museum of Discovery and Science, among others. Short day trips include Miami Seaquarium, Butterfly World and Lion Country Safari.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a nice resort and Derek (the night auditor) provided great service both nights I stayed there. He really went out of his way to ensure my wife & I had nice rooms (stayed there 2 different occasions for 1-night) each visit. If you are a Hilton Diamond member request a higher floor room with a nice view of the marina. The bathrooms are a little different in terms of the shower head and they have sliding doors versus a regular door. We got a nice balcony during our visits and it was nice to sit out there and enjoy a beverage. The hotel restaurant offers a nice view of the marina but the hotel lobby is small and their gift shop could be much nicer. They do have a nice outdoor pool bar. It's a great place to stay if you are catching a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale...only about 3 miles from the port and they offer a shuttle there.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear MichaelLong,
Thanks so much for acknowledging Derrick and his great care of you during your pre- and post-cruise nights with us. We have recognized him to our entire team. Almost all of our rooms have balconies and many have views of the waterways that make Fort Lauderdale the Venice of America. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

ey are a ripoff. Ruined my wedding night!!!! If I could put no stars I would. I get to the hotel the valet is rude opens the door and tells my driver to move. The driver tells him that he is waiting to drop the bride and groom off and he still has an attitude. We get to the room there is no champagne or congratulatory letter or treats as requested at the time of arrival. We check out the next day with nothing on the paper bill and a fews days later we have a bill of 220$ in calls!!!! The room was only 130$$ they tell me we used the phone 33 times and there is a tax on each call. We never used the freakin phone that many times!!! I make a complaint and customer service tells me they cannot help me with that hotel's procedures. So why the hell did you contact me then. I promise I will make it a point to tell everyone about this experience!! Worst hotel ever. No customer service skills and it is by far a ripoff. On top of that the room was booked with a hilton hotel membership account. If they treat their members like this I'd hate to see how they treat others!!! I'm posting this on every social media site, every review, at work and anywhere else I can possibly do so!!!!

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Louvilla W
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Louvilla W,
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion and we regret that your experience was not completely memorable. We strive to provide a superior level of service to all of our guests and ensure they're comfortable and cared for. We have emailed you and talked with you about your stay and I’m happy that we could make a mutually-acceptable amend. Should your future travel plans bring you back to Fort Lauderdale, I encourage you to reconsider your impression of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and allow us an opportunity to regain your confidence.
William Widney, Night Manager, william(dot)widney(at)hilton(dot)com
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went for a reunion and was greeted outside and had a great check in, gave us a nice and one everyone kept asking if we had everything and if there was anything they could do for us. Would stay again! The service was great from the day we got there to the day we left.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Sharontrvl,
We’re so glad you stayed with us and had such good experiences with our team. I appreciate your recognition very much and am happy I was helpful to you.