“Nice place.”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #56 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent one night there, it's a beautiful hotel. Our room was small but nice. We had a marina view with floor to ceiling windows. No free wifi. Parking is tricky. They validate but my husband saw the sign too late and paid $20. That's ridiculous, either you have free parking or not.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Wanda C

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

All and all the stay at the Hilton was pretty good. We were only there for
two nights on a stop over before our drive to Key West. Enjoyed lunch by the pool and some cocktails. The only negative thing I can say ( pretty major) was that valet parking lost my keys. We were leaving for dinner on our last night and our keys to the rental car could not be found. The staff called a ride for us and took care of the cost and had new keys made in time for us to leave as scheduled in the morning. I have to say they were pretty responsive and solved the issue in a timely manner, but one thing still bothers me. How do you loose the keys you have one job park cars. I am hoping the rental car agency does not realize the keys are different and charge me. If so I will be sure to be back in touch with the hotel and the valet service.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was an okay hotel but the service was decidedly uneven. First, there is no shuttle from the airport, so you're forced to take a taxi. On the taxi ride, you'll notice how tucked away the hotel is from the main strip, which means you'll have to take a taxi for EVERYTHING! When we were checking in, there was a large family reunion checking in as well and the lobby was a zoo! Moreover, the concierge was doing nothing to help the situation; I actually think that the concierge desk was empty the entire time that we were trying to check-in. We finally made it to the front and the hotel receptionist was amazing. She was patient and gave us all of the information that she could. The hotel itself looks like an old-style Spring Break hotel, back from the glory days of Ft. Lauderdale being a Spring Break destination. The elevators are small and rickety but they never stranded us between floors so I'll consider that a blessing. Our room was small but serviceable (we were only staying for the one night as we were leaving for a cruise the next day). The area was mostly quiet. The biggest issue is really their customer service. When we tried to get information about getting to the shops, we were first given blank stares, then sparse information peppered with, what seemed to be, mild irritation; not the service that I'm used to from Hilton. Also, the wifi is only free in the rooms for Hilton Honors Gold members; all others pay; there is supposedly free wifi in the lobby, but we never got a chance to try it out. Lastly, the biggest reason that we booked with Hilton was the shuttle to the cruise port. Every time we asked about this, we got different information. On the vouchers that we got when we checked it, it said that the start time was 8:30 AM. When we called the front desk to confirm, they said that the shuttle doesn't run until 11 AM, but they weren't sure and sounded kind of confused. When we checked out of our room and put our luggage with the bell desk, he had even different information. And THEN when there was a table in the lobby regarding the shuttle, they had even more different information. Get it together, Hilton! Ultimately, we got on the shuttle and got to our boat, but the hotel really REALLY needs to do better with their customer service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel did not have a microwave nor was there one adjacent to your rooms. There were a lot of people gathering the main lobby that did not stay at the hotel. I wish I had stayed at a different hotel. The hotel did not equaled to the amount of money I paid.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Earlene H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us and also for completing Hilton’s guest survey. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to amenities or other guests during your stay. We have emailed you and left voice mails so that we can discuss your concerns and make amends. We will take your feedback into consideration as we are always looking for areas where we can improve. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had an outstanding visit at this hotel. Great accomodations, friendly staff. Great value for the room; however, the parking fees ($25/night) were unbelievably high. Consider parking elsewhere and using a transportation vendor (Uber, Lyft, cabs, etc) to get you from hotel to wherever you park your car.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had a room king bed room with a balcony overlooking the marina. The room was fine; enjoyed having the balcony. The pool was very nice but no hot tub. Being right on the marina, there was a nice walk around the hotel to view the boats. Disappointing that they charged to park in their lot. If I am paying for a room, I should have to pay to park. The room was already a bit overpriced. On top of paying to park, the gates only worked about half of the time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Brian S,
We’re happy you chose to stay with us and took time to write a review. Our guest room balconies and our marina and waterway views are fabulous. We frequently compare pricing for parking, and our rates are among the lowest in the beach area, where parking is scarce. We’ve shared your feedback about the parking gates with our valet manager, thank you for that.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pros:
The staff who mended the grounds, and interacted with guests in the outdoor areas were GREAT!
The Amenities were up to par, really enjoyed the robes, toiletries, views, beds.

Cons:
With having a strong customer service background, I always have a higher expectation when it comes to accommodating people at times of inconvenience. I didn't get that sense when I had booked my stay here at this Hilton. I had a two night reservation, and due to another reservation gone wrong, my best friend and I decided to add another night at this location. We arrived 1 day early, and was told that we would have a room by 4pm because the rooms were not read, (we arrived at about 1pm) and we're welcomed to use the pool and all of the hotel features and to check back around 4. We left our bags at the front after it being tagged, and went out to enjoy the Florida sun by the pool. No big deal right? Wrong. At about 4pm, sun soaked and starving, us two ladies were ready to check in, shower and go find some delicious dinner. We went to check in and was told that we did not have a reservation. She said she didn't see anything in her system that showed we had a reservation. at that point i was a little upset, disappointed, tired, smelled like sunblock and chlorine. Mind you, I'm from the North and when things go wrong like this, we're not very happy people. Long story short, we were given a room after she called the customer service line in the main tower.

It doesn't end there.

It seemed like they did not combine the reservation after i explained to them i needed the reservation to be combined. The following day, us two ladies went out and soaked up some more sun, and again, by 3pm we were ready to go get ready. Well I wasn't able to get into my room. EVERYTHING was locked in the room. All i had was my little wallet with (thank goodness) my license and credit card. We went to the front desk and she again stated that she did not see my 2nd reservation, and proceeded to tell me that they did not combine my two reservations. On top of that, there was no apology, instead she was brutally annoyed by the fact that i was upset. I believe a supervisor who was manning the hotel traffic came up (sweet sweet little old man and i gave him a hug afterwards) and offered us complimentary breakfast for our troubles. The front desk staff was actually angry at him, and even said "we don't do that". We also received a complimentary drink by one of the supervisors for the lounge area who was super funny and helpful. We were there on vacation and we wanted to make things less complicated as possible, and I felt that the front staff doesn't understand that when people are on vacation, they're not there to argue, or give you a hard time, if there was an option to bypass a front desk, sign me up!

Overall, I'd stay there again, but avoid interaction with the front. This is the hotel that most cruisers lodge at while they wait to go on their cruise or come back, so there will be a LOT of foot traffic. if you want something quiet, this isn't the place for you. If you want something nice to stay in between traveling, this isn't so bad. The main tower room from what we were told offers the best accommodations. If you see the pictures from past travelers, it pretty much sums it up.

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower, the rooms are cleaner, nicer, and more updated.