Upon checking in I informed the front desk clerk me and my wife were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary. The gentleman checking me in stated he was glad we decided to share our anniversary with them so he upgraded me to a better room with a better view with no additional charge. Our stay seemed to be going great until my wife went to open the dresser drawer and the knob fell off, we also observed the bathtub drained slowly (it was no fun with dirty water coming up around your ankles everytime we took a shower) and finally the bathroom fan not working properly. After complaining on 2 separate occations, being promised it would be taken care of then returning to room and realizing it had not, I decided it was time to take my 3rd complaint to a manager. I delt with Andreina (front office manager). It took me a long time to explain my issues. At the time the hotel lobby was a mad house with people checking out along with hotel staff bringing their issues to her. She was very patient, pleasent and professional. She investigated my issues and informed me that everytime I complained the information was put in the computer but just not passed along to the maintenance dept. As a consolation for the issues she gave me and my wife one extra night on the house. I was impressed with her gentle and kind attitude. I travel a great deal with my wife and children, I'm a firm believer that mistakes will happen but its about how you handle them. Because of how she handled ours me and my wife will be returning. Lastly Sam (female) at the front desk smiled from ear to ear and gave everyone I saw her deal with including myself outstanding customer service. Cleaning staff was very friendly and polite. You could not walk down the hallway without them smileing, saying hi and making sure you had everything you needed. Compared to what the other hotels charged just 5 minutes away this hotel is without a doubt a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers the ultimate location on the Intracoastal Waterway. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is a stunning resort-style hotel close to the city's vast attractions including Las Olas Boulevard, which is alive with shops, restaurants and bars. All guest rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows delivering amazing views of downtown, the Intracoastal Waterway or the bustling Fort Lauderdale marine port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Grande Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel Yacht Club