“Great Hotel”

Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
toronto
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

I stayed here three times between cruises and really liked this hotel. First time, I was in 2303 in the West Villas with a balcony overlooking the Marina. Second time was in 628 in the Main Tower - a corner room with a wrap around balcony overlooking the bridge and port. Last time was in 3131 in East Villas with view of the pool.
All the employees were so helpful and friendly. I especially appreciated being able to get my rooms when I arrived each time about 10.00am.
Each room had Keurig Coffee makers which was nice. Room 628 had perhaps the best view being on the 6th floor but had a shower instead of a bath tub and did not have a safe. Think I liked the West Villa room the best but that is just my own preference.
Hotel was clean and well maintained. You can catch the water taxi ($20 for all day use) under the bridge. I walked across the bridge to the beach to watch the cruise ships sail out in the evening - a wonderful sight.
Bimini Boatyard Restaurant up the road from the hotel is a very nice place for dinner or drinks. Walgreens is up near there as well.
Wish Hilton had free wifi but I was able to find an open signal up the road.
Taxi from the port to the hotel is a flat rate of $10. From the hotel, taxi uses a meter and it is a bit cheaper depending where the ship docks.
I will certainly be staying here again on my next cruise in November.
Andrew

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank tocanada2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,046)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

The balcony view was stunning - the ocean, the drawbridge, and the main shipping channel are there in front of you, really fun to watch. The room was clean - as a previous reviewer mentioned, robes would have been appreciated. The bathroom has the unfortunate sliding doors - this is a bad trend! - not enough privacy, no matter who you're with. Public spaces are well-maintained and cheerful. Happy hour at the poolside bar was a great bargain. Front desk, concierge, and cleaning staff were all friendly and helpful. You really can't walk anywhere from here - but the water taxi stops here and there are always cabs. There are 2 Hiltons in town - don't confuse this one with the one right across the street from the beach - this one is on the marina, a little more low-key, and a reasonable bargain.

1 Thank R9M
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

We had booked Embassy Suites, but took their offer to stay at their sister property the Hilton because Embassay had apparently overbooked. Our room overlooked the cruise terminal, which was wonderful. However, the room was small, consisting of two double sized beds. The furniture had burn marks (although the hotel is smoke free); the dresser had unvacuumed crumbs underneath it, dark mold like staining in the shower area where the tiles and grout lines met (bathroom was new but little attention to cleaning was apparent). When it was time for bed, we sank in the mattresses. We are thankful that this stay was only one night before our week long cruise. Would not recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BCatBoston
St. Augustine, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

The ambiance, literally right in the middle of a marina filled with high end yachts, and aside the Intracoastal Waterway, is as nice as it gets. The facility has a clean, modern look but in not stark. While Tower rooms are not large, they seem bigger because of the floor to ceiling windows looking at the waterway, ocean, marina. Very well designed and fully up to date. Everything always works.

Breakfast offered in the lobby bar is not elaborate but the warm breakfast sandwiches are the best I've ever expetrienced. The OJ is fresh squeezed, and always a smile from the server. Have not tried the full breakfast served at the adjacent China Grill. Judging from the high quality of their dinners I guess that breakfast must be pretty good.

A last minute change needed a last minute reservation for this visit. Even though "full" they recognized me as a repeat guest and found an excellent room. These extra attentions go a long way in my book.

Clearly this hotel has a management team that builds and motivates employees to look after their most important asset: the guest.

2 Thank PedroSpiller
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

We stayed at the hotel for two nights (Jan 30-31) before our cruise. We chose the hotel because of the excellent location to the cruise pier and the water taxi dock that is right beside the hotel.

Despite arriving about 6 hours late (7:30 PM) due to airline issues, the front desk quickly and cheerfully greeted us and ensured us that they would advise us as soon as our missing luggage arrived. In 35+ years of travelling we encountered one of the best, if not the best, front desk personnel and concierge during our stay.

We were given a corner junior suite (1101) with great views that overlooked both the intercoastal waterway and downtown Ft Lauderdale. The room was very clean, with a fresh modern look. The bed was the very comfortable pillow tops that Hilton is known for, and feather pilows. There is a Kreug type of coffee maker that allowed me to have my morning jolt and my wife a have a cup of tea. A very nice upgrade over the standard two cup coffee maker.

The only negative was that the hotel did not supply house coats, which we found unusual for a Hilton, and a hotel of this quality. As our luggage was missing and not located by the airline until the next day, and as we had been travelling for over 13 hours, this was very disappointing.

That first night being too exhasted to go out for our first real meal of the day, we ordered a room service pizza that may have been the worst, greasiest pizza ever made. A situtation made worst by delivering it with a tin foil covering that all the cheese was stuck to. On the positive side we had excellent meals at the G pool bar (sliders), the continental breakfast at the bar, and at China's. All the staff at the restaurants and bar were very pleasant and made you feel like they were really glad that you were staying at the hotel.

The location to the water taxi was great as it allowed us to spend the day cruising the water ways and see many parts of Ft Lauderdale that we would not have otherwise made it to. Tickets for the water taxi are available from the concierge making it even more convienient.

Overall, we had a great stay and will now use the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina as our starting point before future cruises, and highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank barrymcduck
New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

The check-in process was fine. Standard rooms are fairly large. I was put in the annexe building with separate entrance from outside. Room amenities were good, and all functional, except a lamp missing in one of the lights. The mattress-top though, was quite soft and not so good for me as I have habit of using a hard top bed at home. I particularly enjoyde eating at the poolside restaurant. The food quality was excellant and service great. I even dined at the China Grill. The place is too lively.
It was nice to see a variety of yachts parked around the hotel which means that many guests take the river route to this place. Overall, my stay was comfortable

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

I can't wait to return to the Hilton Fort Lauderale Marina. From the very friendly and helpful staff, to the beautiful lobby, great restaurant, and gorgeous and comfortable room! The beautiful pool area is like being on ones own island - what a respite for the weary and what a great place for a vacation. Close to the cruise ships too - what a great way to start or end one's vacation. But I was there for business, and everything and everyone made it a wonderful place to be after a long day of meetings. I had my last meeting of the day in the beautiful lobby area, and received great coffee/tea service -- it was so comfortable and easy. I was wowed.

I especially liked the beautiful room - the shower was like standing in the rain, the bed was a dream, and everything else was just perfect. Yeah, I really liked it.

1 Thank Angela R