“Excellent location for Cruisers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Campbellton, Canada
“Excellent location for Cruisers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband & I stayed here on our way to Key West, after he had picked me up at the airport. The location is excellent if you use the airport or the cruise port. It is close to both. The hotel is lovely ....... very clean, & very inviting, from the moment you enter the Lobby. The staff is excellent ........ very friendly & very helpful !!!! There are many amenities, & the beach is beautiful, right behind the hotel. A gorgeous view of the sunset!! For the first time ever, some time during the night a personal, hand-written note was placed under our door, thanking us for staying there!!! I thought that was the crowning touch!!! Would definitely stay there again, & highly recommend to others. P.S. The bed was SO comfortable, I didn't want to get up!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cruzgurl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We paid over $360 for 4 people for Christmas Brunch. There was only a few serving stations. Absolutely Disappointing!!!! NOT WORTH THE MONEY. The restaurant was not festive at all. The food was horrible. The only craving stations were ham and tough steak. No prime rib, no turkey. It was by far the worst brunch experience we have ever had. I had more desserts at my own home Christmas Eve then the this pittiful brunch had. They had a Santa walking around in a dirty Santa suit and when you got close to him HE SMELLED. So disgustig. Marriott should be ashamed for putting on this Christmas Brunch and ripping people off! The Ritz-Carlton is the place we will always go from now on.... for $15 more a person, the Ritz never disappoints. So sorry we choose the Marriott instead!! NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank worldtravelerusa0
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

My wife and i stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach after a 7 day cruise on the Allure. We don't like to hassle with the Ft Lauderdale airport on the weekends when multiple cruise ships arrive and depart. We give the hotel a high recommendation for service, amenities, full range of services (including a kiddy program - for a charge -which we did not need or use), several restaurants.

I used my Marriott points and were upgraded as a Gold Member (which is expected and appreciated). Very helpful and courteous front desk staff. Excellent concierge who was helpful with dinner recommendations and taxi help.

Our room was oceanfront with great view of the property from the 14th floor. I found the room a little on the small side (I am a little spoiled) but fine for one night. I was surprise that the bathroom had only one sink - usually two sinks for a king bed room.

Upon our arrival from the ship we quickly changed and stayed at the pool until about 4:00 pm. We had a wonderful lunch at our pool lounge charges (from the Sea Side Restaurant) - chairs had flags for drink and food service - which was convenient. I wish I could have stayed later in the day and enjoyed the pool the second day. We departed early in the morning for for a 9:00 am flight.

The pool area was large and very attractive. Two hot tubs. The front desk said the pool was heated, but seamed a little cool to me. The outside temp was 87 degrees. Lots of multi-generational families at the pool with everyone being well mannered and children well behaved.

Also the pool had moveable umbrellas it shade was desired.

The resort is self contained with the only private beach in Ft Lauderdale (it was windy so we did not go to the beach - but it looked inviting with chairs and available toys
One does not have to leave the hotel for any services - beach - pool - spa - food. The only down side is the hotel is out of the way from the mail downtown areas. I believe their is a frequently run inexpensive trolley to take you downtown Ft Lauderdale and Las Oleas Shopping/Restaurant area.

For a Resort vacation, i would recommend the hotel. It was everything anyone would want or need for a vacation with outstanding customer service and facilities. I liked the 3030 Ocean Restaurant (pricy) but good (see my review).

If you want to be near more "action" and close to other restaurants, try the hotels downtown Ft Lauderdale (I like the Westin, Ritz Carlton or the W).

Hope this helps. You can't go wrong with the Harbor - I give it my high recommendation!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank themeetingplanner
Cherry Hill, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We checked into the Harbor Beach Marriott for 3 nights. Check in was a breeze, food at the restaurants great, and the pool was fabulous. There were plenty of chairs, cold water always available, fresh lemonade and cookies every afternoon and even activities for the kids if they chose to participate. The rooms were spacious with robes and plenty of amenities. Coming back from a morning jog the valet guys handed us cold bottles of water as we approached the front door. The beach was right there and as soon as we stepped onto the sand the beach staff were eager to put chairs where we wanted. There was tetherball, volleyball and some other games on the beach. There were plenty of great spots to hang out at the hotel, both inside and out on the various patios overlooking the beach. Check out was painless, with the bags getting oicked up and the car ready and waiting. To me, a good stay is one with little hassles and staff ready and willing to make your stay the best possible. That is what we had and will probably stay there again soon. Did I mention the great location?

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank emc12y
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Five reasons why we'd come back:

1. The staff - starting with Eli at the front desk who sorted out some check-in issues, everyone has been friendly and attentive - not easy with how busy it is this time of year.

2. The resort - the hotel and grounds are in great shape, well maintained and clean. This includes the Pool, tennis courts and basketball, not to mention a great beach.

3. The room - we got a junior suite package and beds are comfy, plenty of room, bathrooms seem newer and views of beach and lauderdale are awesome.

4. The food - the food options are many and while overpriced, I have to admit for a resort, the food is much better than I thought it would be. Also, plenty of free flavored water (lemon, cucumber, orange) so you don't have to buy bottled water all day long.

5. Beach - a huge, clean beach with soft sand and clear water. Hadn't been to FLL since spring break 1984 and while I miss the candy store, with kids I think I like this place even more.

If you have the chance, paddle board around the intracoastal (5 minute walk) and you can see amazing yachts and $$$Million homes.

Room Tip: Views from high up are worth the elevator ride.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EfficientGov
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I decided to stay at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa for a special evening that I had planned with a friend of mine and I also just needed a little getaway from it all. I must say that my stay here was more perfect than I had originally planned. From the moment I reached the property it was a wonderful experience. There was no charge for self parking because they were doing some work in the surrounding garage area and when we checked in we were greeted immediately by the staff with a welcoming warm and friendly smile. The receptionist Noemi was very attentive and offered exceptional service! The room was perfect and the view of the ocean was breathtaking. I could not have asked for more perfect evening and stay. This was truly a memorable experience for me and I would most definitely recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gnvassallo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at the Harbor Beach as a last minute vacation extension to a work trip and are we glad we did! From start to finish the service was outstanding. The staff perfectly walked the fine line between attentive and overbearing. Special recognition goes to Catalina who helped us in numerous ways during both check in and check out. She made us feel valued as elite members which was unnecessary but appreciated. We also want to acknowledge the great bar staff of Jen, Marie and Chase as well as the other great workers but we saw those few folks on a frequent basis. I would recommend an ocean view room to truly experience the resort. While everything was great, it can be pricey so venturing to Las Olas may save a few bucks. Bottom line, we will be back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple