OK so this is a 4 star hotel and as a 4 star hotel I got my expectations high. The room was clean and spacious and the view of the harbor from the 14th floor was amazing.
The things that sabotaged my full enjoyment in this hotel were:
1. Crowded elevators- Going down from the 14th floor to the lobby took approximately 10 minutes ( also the way up was the same torture). Seemed like the elevator is stopping in every floor. Yes it was the holiday season and the hotel was crowded and busy, but apparently not all 6 elevators were available.
2. Very low quality of night sleep- For some reason, every night at about 11 pm, a strange noise of pumps/ air conditioning system started to work very loudly and it lasted till the early morning hours. I used to wake up a lot during the nights and had a very very poor quality of sleep.
3. What about the toddlers? There is only one adult swimming pool in the hotel (except the one in the SPA) and no toddlers' pool at all. I would also expect some kind of toddlers' activity/play room .Some resorts do have this kind of room. A big disadvantage in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the crisp ocean air and soak up the Sunshine State's radiant rays during a stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Situated along a quarter-mile of private beach, our Fort Lauderdale resort provides tropical tranquility while offering easy access to Fort Lauderdale airport and top attractions including Las Olas Boulevard. Dive into our refreshing lagoon pool, take to the Atlantic for jet skiing or snorkeling, or pamper yourself at our full-service spa. When it's time to refuel, savor innovative cuisine at one of our three restaurants, sip handcrafted cocktails while relaxing under swaying palm trees or perk up with a treat from Starbucks. Looking to gather your group or celebrate a wedding or special event? Impress your guests with a celebration on the beach, or host a night to remember in our spectacular ballroom with the ocean as your backdrop. Our stylish, redesigned guest rooms and suites are an ideal oasis after your adventurous day. Plan a getaway at our resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Harbor Beach Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Harbor Beach
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Ft Lauderdale