Always loved the spa here, so I booked a suite for a weeks' vacation with my husband. The first two nights were to be a room and the the rest of the week [when it became available] an oceanfront suite. after 30 minutes in registration line we were led to a small, dark room which can only be described as a dungeon. One small window with a view of the roof and parking lot. I was told that despite our reservation, the suite would only be available for the final 2 days, and we would have to stay in the little dungeon room.
The service in the hotel restaurant [breakfast] was dismal, the hostess was rude to several of the guests, the buffet food was below average, and basic condiments such as butter, and cream for coffee were missing. The front desk was unresponsive to our complaints about the room, and housekeeping never appeared till after 4PM [to be fair, it was really busy].
We were able to book a suite at the W, and what a world of difference! Great service, accommodations, and food. I feel bad, because I have stayed at the Harbor Beach Marriott and enjoyed its wonderful spa for years, but I will not be coming back. Although I noticed the service and accommodations have been going downhill for the past few years, this trip convinced me that its time to switch. I would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the crisp ocean air and soak up the Sunshine State's radiant rays during a stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Situated along a quarter-mile of private beach, our Fort Lauderdale resort provides tropical tranquility while offering easy access to Fort Lauderdale airport and top attractions including Las Olas Boulevard. Dive into our refreshing lagoon pool, take to the Atlantic for jet skiing or snorkeling, or pamper yourself at our full-service spa. When it's time to refuel, savor innovative cuisine at one of our three restaurants, sip handcrafted cocktails while relaxing under swaying palm trees or perk up with a treat from Starbucks. Looking to gather your group or celebrate a wedding or special event? Impress your guests with a celebration on the beach, or host a night to remember in our spectacular ballroom with the ocean as your backdrop. Our stylish, redesigned guest rooms and suites are an ideal oasis after your adventurous day. Plan a getaway at our resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Harbor Beach
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Ft Lauderdale