Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friends and I stayed in the hotel couple of days ago. I was personally amazed by the location and beautiful lobby. We had a great dinner by the pool with happy hour :) I recommend this hotel for families as well as for friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 May 2014

There is little negative you can say about this hotel. Its rooms are Marriott-class quality. Its staff is more than friendly, greeting you often with a "hello" and/or chatting with you. The staff is everywhere to help you out. Spend the few extra dollars and get a beach-front room for a spectacular view. Choose a floor not a multiple of three (3, 6, 9, 12). They have concrete barriers on the outside balcony to obscure the view. Other floors have railing only. There is so much to do. Just lounge on numerous chaise lounges out of doors overlooking the ocean or the pool. Go to the private beach and swim in the Atlantic. Get drinks at their numerous bars. If you are willing to spend the money, you will not be disappointed. Many families as well as couples.

1 Thank godolnj
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff at the hotel was so exceptional that I actually sent a letter to the Manager to thank him (something I have never done before). I would unequivocally recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Fort Lauderdale. It was beautiful, my room was nice was a balcolny overlooking the ocean but most importantly the staff was exceptionally kind when I came down with a severe cold during my staff including (among other things): a chef making me chicken soup even though there was no soup on the menu and my server sending me up dessert and a pot of tea to my room (free and not requested) with a note saying that he hoped I feel bettter soon. Their actions were exceptional and kind and very much apprecaited.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just got back from this resort and had an awesome time. A huge thank you to Eddie Braun the recreation host at the hotel. He guided us along this trip and made sure we ate at the best restaurants in town. Hotel was very clean and we definitely will come back to this location. For everyone heading down to Ft. Lauderdale, make sure to call the hotel and ask for Eddie! He will have answers for all your questions.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am a Marriott Platinum Member, former Marriott employee, former Marriott shopper, and 25-year professional - who is also a wife and mother of two children 6 and 12. We have stayed at several Marriott's in Miami, Pompano Beach, Orlando, and Marco Island. The Harbor Beach Marriott Resort and Spa is by far THE BEST Marriott property we've stayed at. We debated between this property and Hollywood Beach - but after speaking with Mihir and Greg at the front desk - we chose this property. For the reviews that said something about the hotel needing to be refurbished - not in my book. It was perfect. We had an oceanfront room and it is well worth the extra money. We were not able to swim in the ocean Miami or Pompano beach but the water here is delightful and sooo safe for the kids. Aloha water sports (and Ryan in particular) were extremely professional and reasonably priced. The 3030 restaurant is a must. I took Gina's advance and had the Halibut and it was delightful. Mahir at the front desk was so accommodating, professional, and was so impressive. Marriott is truly lucky to have an employee of his caliber. All of his recommendations to include Jackson's ice cream parlor were a hit! The security at this property was noticeable and was such a secure and safe environment. Manoucheka from housekeeping was taking care of our room and asked me to swipe my room key in the door to make sure it was my room - I appreciated this!!!! There were two weddings taking place while we were here and I can tell you if you are thinking about this venue for a wedding BOOK IT NOW! Everyone at this property is wearing a smile and I saw everyone going above and beyond to ensure all the guest were happy. We are leaving tomorrow and I can tell you for sure - we will be back!!!! Thank you for everything Harbor Beach Marriott - we needed this vacation so much and thank goodness we found this resort. If you are debating which Marriott to stay - this is the one. If you've booked another property - change it - if you haven't booked yet - do it now!!

Room Tip: go for the oceanfront - it's worth it! 7th floor was FABULOUS.
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was there for a work conference.

Pro's-beautiful location, the beach was "right there" so at sun rise you got a great sunrise. Rooms were nice and the bed was comfortable. Also, the housekeeper was very nice.

Con's-AWFUL elevators. There was a bank of 6 and only 2 worked all the time, and slow man were they slow. I was late to a session because of the slow elevator, one even was dripping water inside the elevator.
Toilet had to be flushed several times for it to work and I could not get cold water out of the sink or the shower, at best it got to luke warm.
As always Marriott nickle and dimes you for EVERYTHING,. this was a resort and you have to rent an umbrella for their section of private beach, really my company spent over 30k to be there and I have to pay for an umbrella?
No shuttle to the airport, we had to pay for a cab
Lets talk about their restaurant, be sure you are not in a hurry cause it takes a long time to get service. We sat for over 12 minutes (we timed it) before water was brought to our table then another 8 just to put in our order. I will say though that the food was pretty good, it just takes FOREVER to get it.
Over all if my work had not paid for this I would have been more upset at the service,which over all was just average.

Room Tip: Bring a hat to the beach unless you want to pay for an umbrella
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kiki084
cadene r, Executive Office at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your experience with the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa.
On behalf of our senior leaders, please accept my apologizes for the service failures you experienced with the slow elevators and at the bar.
We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel half a dozen times over the years but not lately. We were in a layover before heading to Europe and decided to stay again with kids. ( teenagers) we were greeted promptly and with courtesy even though it was 1 am. They gave us a late check out and could not have been nicer. When then spent the day at the pool and beach. The water was great and we even had a little excitement at the beach which I am bit going to talk about here or someone will freak. Umbrellas were 15 a day and chairs were free. Drank a ton of citrus water. We had drinks and snack at the pool. The coconut frozen drink special was unreal. Pool side food was fine. I liked it and kids didn't . It is an older hotel and I really miss they would add a swim up bar or big slide but the staff and location is unreal. The view from the rooms overlooking the water is really nice. Beds and linen were great and comfortable and the shampoo soap etc is all spa quality stuff we love. Everyone seems to have forgotten how nice lauderdale can be but this is it at its best and can rival the more famous beaches of south Florida. Overall highly recommend this hotel. Never had a bad time there

Stayed May 2014