“Good quick stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
atlanta
“Good quick stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I choose this hotel because it was very close to the port prior to our cruise. We like to fly in the day before and relax before getting on the boat for 6 days. We were able to check in at 11am and given an ocean view room on the 14th floor. This hotel has very many amenities and we would stay here again. The pool area was a great pace to relax as we had lunch overlooking the beach before relaxing in the water for a few hours. Our room was clean and fresh and had a nice sitting area to use while watching tv or enjoying the ocean few. This is a great spot for a nice hotel with plenty of amenities to help you enjoy your trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamton34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Wonderful stay at the Harbor Beach Marriott! When my reservation couldn't be found, Mike saved the day! He managed to set us up with the ocean view room that I had originally requested. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful and always had a smile. When we were caught in a torrential rain, and soaked to the bone, one of the staff was waiting for us in the vestibule with warm towels. Couldn't believe it! The only issue, which wasn't major, just annoying, was the housekeeping staff knocking on our door 4 times after we were given a late checkout. What part of "we were given a late checkout of 1:00" didn't they get? Overall, a first class resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chichilv
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

No one could complain about service in this beautiful hotel! JENNIFER at the front desk was remarkable! Can't say enough good things... They even had a special beach wheelchair for use!

I've got to go back soon!

Theresa

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 19Theresa
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed overnight here prior to a cruise leaving the next afternoon. What a beautiful place! The boutique has virtually everything for resort/cruise wear and accessories. I purchased two beautiful dresses that I wore on the cruise. Next time I will pack less and shop here before I board the ship! The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The morning prior to the cruise I had a pedicure and ordered a salad to go. The only problem was that they didn't give me any eating utensils. I didn't realize it until I got in the cab, so I actually had to stop at the Hilton and run in and get plastic utensils from their bar. I would love to have had more time to enjoy the hotel and the inviting pool; I will fly in 2 days early before my next cruise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank drlisas
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for a girls trip for the weekend. Nice hotel with great location. Price wasn't bad until we realized we were not getting much for our money. There was no microwave or fridge in the room. This wouldn't have been so bad if there was at least a microwave somewhere on the premises. The front desk worker acted as if I was asking for a million dollars and as if it was abnormal to inquire about using a microwave! Parking was also horrible! $27 a night but the parking lot was not SUV or Van compatible. There are huge red columns between almost all the parking so it was an adventure trying to find adequate space. I really expect more from the Marriott! My friend insisted this would be the best but I think I'll stick with Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank TravelingQueen12
cadene r, Executive Office at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. We really appreciate your feedback.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of our senior leadership for your stay not being satisfactory. At Harbor Beach we aim to make memorable expereince for each guest and unfortunately we were not able to do that for you.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We held a business meeting here in February. The hotel is right on the beach and our rooms had great views. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable, and the hotel conference facilities were great. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

What pushed this to a 5 for me was the quality of the food in the hotel restaurants. We had the most amazing shrimp and avocado omelettes for breakfast on the outside patio. On the south end of the property is one of the best beach restaurants I have ever been to called Sea Level. Normally I do not eat in hotels (and I don't sleep in restaurants), but we ate at Sea Level twice for dinner, once for lunch, and had late night cocktails here almost every night. Any five star restaurant would be proud to serve the dinner specials we had. One difference - at Sea Level you can wear shorts and a T-shirt.

We can't wait to go back. A couple of hints:
- The beach in this area is covered with shells. Flip flops or sand shoes are advised.
- The ship channel is just south of the hotel, so if you are bored any afternoon you can walk down the beach and watch the cruise ships go in and out.
- They have a drink wagon that goes up and down the beach that will blend frozen "umbrella drinks" right next to your beach chair. Does life get better than that?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Travelin_Man23
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had 5 nights here while visiting friends who live nearby. the hotel is efficient and the staff hardworking the view over the sea is magnificent but its faceless and HUMUNGUS in size. We heard the clatter of plates on the first morning and looked out to see 36 tables of 12 set up for breakfast for a convention. Everything is extra example WiFi is at a basic price for e-mail and the like but if you want to stream photos or video it is more again. The Evian water bottles sit on a device that I romantically thought cooled them not a bit of it if you touch them they go on the bill! If you thought that the scale might have an advantage forget it after 10 the bar menu has little choice. But that's the beast I suppose.

Room Tip: if you don't overlook the sea your missing out!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JCharlesRobert, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and sharing your experience with the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.
Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.