“Beautiful Oceanfront Resort”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed in 10th floor oceanfront room...beautiful view.The hotel staff could not have been any nicer. While there I had dinner at the oceanfront /pool restaurant..as well they had good happy hour food and drinks. Pool and beach staff were always roaming to see if they could be of service. Great stay!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,065)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I stayed weekend of June 6-9, 2014. The accommodations were great. We had a city view and actually found that more interesting than the beach view. After spending all day on the beach for 2 days, it was nice be able to view the cruise ships, intracoastal, condos and hotels etc. from our balcony. They provide free lounge chairs on the beach but charge $15 for an umbrella. Given the price for the room, we thought they should have provided umbrellas without any additional charge. 3030 Ocean was a great choice to celebrate my birthday, and we didn't even have to leave the hotel. We had a great ocean view as we enjoyed perfectly prepared halibut and swordfish. Yeah, it was a little pricey (the dinner) but typical for upscale beachfront hotel.

If you like wine, purchase a bottle at the Publix on 17th St (right next to the Embassy Suites) and enjoy it down on the patio on the ocean patio one evening....very nice! The bartender will give you a couple of wine glasses so don't worry about that. But bring your own corkscrew.

All in all, a good job my Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek R
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in March for a convention and the room we got had some very minor issue (one of the drawers had an item left over from previous guest) and due to that we were moved to another room promptly and even got the room with am ocean view in a sold out hotel. We were also given a credit to spend as we like. But the service we received during that time would have been enough to make up for the issue. Definitely planning on going back and royal recommend the resort to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Velida D
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed four nights, and really enjoyed my stay. The resort (it's more than a hotel) is very clean. The staff is amazing, with everyone being friendly and helpful. I stayed on the 11th floor overlooking the intracoastal waterway. The views were very nice, and I could see the huge cruise ships at the dock.

Harbor Beach Marriott has an incredible gym - one of the nicest I've seen. Plenty of equipment, free weights, machines, and cardio. And it wasn't very crowded when I was there.

The on-site restaurants are expensive. I ate at Sea Level twice, and found the food to be good, wait staff helpful, and bar staff just average. I ate breakfast at Starbucks, since I couldn't see paying $$$ at Reva.

The location is good, since there are restaurants within walking distance, and it's also fun to go watch the cruise and cargo ships go out to sea.

I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SolowTraveler
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came for a long, kid free weekend to the Harbor Resort and Spa. We were able to check in around 1:30 pm and got a lovely ocean front room on the 8th floor. Very clean room and bathroom. The beach is clean (compared to the hotels to the left of the Marriott, who had trash all over their beach area) and not overly crowded. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our dining in room service guy Gregory was so nice and brought us strawberries for our anniversary. Thanks Gregory! :) One thing we were disappointed about, the price of everything was expensive. Food, jet skiing, parking and nothing is included (no continental breakfast) and there was no snack vending machines that we could find. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and hopefully will be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda A
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had friends in town, and decided to join them for a night at Harbor Beach. We had been here in the past just to use the facilities but never stayed at the hotel.

Considering we booked the hotel online at 6pm and arrived at 7pm, things went really smoothly. Reservation was ready when we arrived. We got "upgraded" to a high level floor and an intercostal view. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Room was clean, as well as the bathrooms. Bed was fairly comfortable, but pillows were terrible.

Breakfast staff was pleasant enough, with a good selection. I ate off the menu, and they were a little pushy that I didn't want the buffet. My wife ate the buffet, and it is just too much food, and expensive unless you stuff yourself. Just order off the menu.

Beach staff is pretty good. They don't really set up your chairs, but they also don't charge for charges. They brought umbrellas and set those up. Staff who served drinks and food were a little bit difficult to get attention, as it was really busy. They could have used an additional person working the beach.

Pool was beyond crowded, and really uninviting. Just too many people.

Overall, this is a mid-level to higher end Marriott. It's not a Ritz, but it's not just an ordinary Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stoneiam
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at Harbor Beach in May for a conference. This seems like a hotel that caters to conferences. However, there were families there as well.

I was pleasantly surprised with our hotel. We were first given a room but didn't like it since it faced another wall and had a horrible view. We asked to change and upgraded to ocean view which was quickly arranged.

This is an older hotel, however, they have upgraded the rooms, lobby, restaurants and bar. We had a great view of the beach, although the balconies are very small. Beds were comfortable, and bathrooms fine.

The beach is awesome that's where we spent our free time, however, no beach service. The pool looked really nice, lots of chairs and pool service although, we didn't stay at the pool.

The spa was great! I had a facial and body scrub, probably the best body scrub I've had. They have a good shop with several facial lines, along with clothing, hats, etc.

We had room service each day for breakfast and lunch in one of the restaurants, both very good. The bar was crowded each night with good service and mostly filled with conference attendees.

Would I go here again? Absolutely! I would actually think about vacationing with my family in the future. Enjoy your stay, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front room on upper floors.