“Amazing Resort, Staff, and location !!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My son, and I stayed at the Harbour Beach Fort Lauderdale Resort and Spa, from June 5th. to June 9th. I have to say it was the best experience ever. We had a beautiful room over looking the city, which was perfect. The room was well equipped, very clean, and the beds were so comfortable. The beach is amazing, with lots of chairs, the pool is amazing, also with no problem getting a chair. They have servers, so you can order drinks, or food, and have them brought right to you poolside. The resort is like a down South resort. ( only better). We were so impressed with ALL the staff. We have never passed a staff member without them having a big smile, and a good morning, or how is your day going, and all doors being opened for you. Just amazing.
The Lobby Ambassador ( Emily Noriega ) is such a sweet , caring, professional , wonderful Girl. She even sent us chocolate coated strawberries, and a picture frame for a keepsake, on our first day. If I were to rate our experience there from 1-10, I would rate it a 15. FYI= It is very close to the cruise port for those going on a cruise, and is very close to some great shopping. GREAT JOB MARRIOTT !

Room Tip: I Liked the city view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DonnaTravelAgent
Write a ReviewReviews (3,062)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a great place to go if a) you are taking kids, b) you are young and want a lively scene or c) you want a quick and easy beachside getaway. This not the place if you are looking for quiet, romantic, or posh.

I would definitely go back for a laid back weekend getaway though.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are gorgeous, but not necessary! All the rooms have pretty good views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

would not give complimentary upgrades. Charged me $60 per night. When bill arrived, they also charged taxes on top of the upgrade fees. When I requested to speak to a supervisor, was told that I had to go down In person and request a supervisor. Bad customer service.
Food in the beach bar, was not great...and expensive.
Requested a toothbrush, it never came.
Parking $27 per night. Too expensive for my taste.

Pros: nice view from the oceanfront room.
Cons: parking too expensive; rude personnel; expensive restaurants and good not that great.

Room Tip: don't request a upgrade and if you do, they will add taxes
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MNC-0127
cadene r, Executive Office at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
Please allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of our senior leadership team.
We strive for perfection here at the Marriott and take this criticism very seriously. We are using this feedback to improve our services. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Cadene Reid
Executive Assistant

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at this resort from 6/7/14 - 6/9/14. I asked for a complimentary upgrade but was told that if I wanted a beach front room, it would cost me $60.00 more per night. I wasn't thrilled, but accepted since I was on vacation. When the bill came, not only was I charged the extra fee, but taxes as well! I was very disappointed, as I was not told that it would also cost me taxes on top of the ridiculous upgrade fees. When I called front desk, the woman in the front was not very friendly, and actually made fun of me because I was questioning the taxes, and that I was not told about the taxes. When I requested to speak to a supervisor, I was told that I could not speak to supervisor over the phone, I would have to go down in person and request a supervisor. Not good customer service at all. I am appalled at being treated this way by a Marriott resort. I travel a lot for the government and I am also a travel agent. I also asked for a toothbrush, but it never came. Wonder why?

Pros: nice view of the beach. The room was actually very nice.

Cons: parking was ridiculous (27 per night); bad customer service; the food at the beach restaurant and bar was not good at all, and very expensive.

Overall: too expensive for my taste. I would not recommend this hotel,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed in 10th floor oceanfront room...beautiful view.The hotel staff could not have been any nicer. While there I had dinner at the oceanfront /pool restaurant..as well they had good happy hour food and drinks. Pool and beach staff were always roaming to see if they could be of service. Great stay!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I stayed weekend of June 6-9, 2014. The accommodations were great. We had a city view and actually found that more interesting than the beach view. After spending all day on the beach for 2 days, it was nice be able to view the cruise ships, intracoastal, condos and hotels etc. from our balcony. They provide free lounge chairs on the beach but charge $15 for an umbrella. Given the price for the room, we thought they should have provided umbrellas without any additional charge. 3030 Ocean was a great choice to celebrate my birthday, and we didn't even have to leave the hotel. We had a great ocean view as we enjoyed perfectly prepared halibut and swordfish. Yeah, it was a little pricey (the dinner) but typical for upscale beachfront hotel.

If you like wine, purchase a bottle at the Publix on 17th St (right next to the Embassy Suites) and enjoy it down on the patio on the ocean patio one evening....very nice! The bartender will give you a couple of wine glasses so don't worry about that. But bring your own corkscrew.

All in all, a good job my Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek R
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in March for a convention and the room we got had some very minor issue (one of the drawers had an item left over from previous guest) and due to that we were moved to another room promptly and even got the room with am ocean view in a sold out hotel. We were also given a credit to spend as we like. But the service we received during that time would have been enough to make up for the issue. Definitely planning on going back and royal recommend the resort to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014