Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grandville, MI
“Very nice”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed one night prior to a cruise. Parking is convenient in the hotel's ramp. I think it's $25 a day. We were offered a room with 2 double beds and oceanfront that was ready when we got there vs waiting for a room with a king bed with not much view. We took the oceanfront room. The furnishings, carpet and bathroom seemed a bit worn but everything was clean. We enjoyed the balcony overlooking the beach and ocean. The pool was very nice freeform and tropical. Waitstaff was available for drink and food orders. The beach is nice and wide here. At night they had a band at the bar on the beach. This is a high end resort and the food/drink prices reflect that.
Lobby is very beautiful. Walking distance to other Beach Place with restaurants and shops. Nice time all around.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oldflame

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (805)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I planned a trip with 7 of my friends and wanted something in Fort Lauderdale that was oceanfront and had an awesome pool. this place had it all! it was exactly what i wanted and more than i expected! the beach was absolute perfection! there was water out in case you got thirsty and you could rent umbrellas which was awesome. i would ask the chair guy to set up 8 chairs for my friends and i and they were so helpful. the pool was also incredible - we would switch over to the pool after lunch if we could find chairs (8 chairs at the pool can be hard, but we were in the water most of the time so it didn't matter). the rooms were also great - the view from our balcony was awesome and we had an adjoining room which was great. it was my birthday and i received so many 'gifts' from the staff. 2 dessert plates - one brought to the room and one on the beach from a great waiter. the same waiter also sent up a bottle of champagne! how amazing is that!!! overall i was just really happy - all my friends were impressed and we had a great time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TRAVELINGIRL_11
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

THe hotel is very nice but we were there only overnight. Check in was quick and painless and very friendly. THe room was very nice with water view. A special luncheon party with our groupwas fantastic food ! THe only downside is cost of parking $27 for self $32 valet per day

Room Tip: water view with balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Betsy448
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated on the beach. It's an easy walk to nearby restaurants and shops. I enjoyed the private beach. It has all the amenities needed for business and vacation travelers. The hotel has everything you need without having to leave the property. I traveled here on business and had a difficult time leaving the property each day to do my work. I stayed 4 nights and enjoyed every moment of it. Customer service was superior. I arrived early and did not have to wait long for early check-in. As a Marriott Gold member I inquired about a room upgrade. I was given a beautiful oceanfront room with a balcony. The view was fantastic! I enjoyed my coffee in the morning watching the sunrise. I recommend getting a room on the 6th floor or higher and make sure it's ocean front. The swimming pool was nice and the water temperature was perfect. I had a late flight home so I was able to enjoy the spa and the private pool. I highly recommend spending a day at the spa. The restaurants were all good, my favorite was the Sea Level Restaurant. I enjoyed sitting outside looking at the ocean. The food was good and reasonably priced. I live on the west coast, but if I ever have the opportunity to return to Florida I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms 5th floor or higher have the best views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vschoening
Orange, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had an absolutely wonderful time at this great hotel right on their private beach in Fort Lauderdale.
Special thanks to Michael Schiel (front desk supervisor). We (all adults) arrived early in the morning on a holiday weekend, requiring 2 adjoining rooms, but Michael took the time to search the hotel to find rooms for us. He assigned us a great room, and checked us immediately in one of them so we could start enjoying this excellent hotel. Constance (front desk Ambassador) immediately took us aside and informed us personally about the hotel grounds and facilities. The bellman brought up all of our bags and was very prompt, polite and friendly.
The food and service at the 30-30 restaurant (on of the best in Fort Lauderdale) was outstanding. My reservation was honored immediately with a really nice table. We ate their several times and ate several different items. Food was excellent, well prepared and served hot. It is a seafood restaurant with great appetizers, fresh entries and good deserts. The only thing is that I wish they would add to the menu is a good rib eye steak.
We also ate every morning at the RIVA restaurant off the menu and at the breakfast buffet. The staff was friendly, polite and very accommodating to all of our needs (Outstanding). Theresa is one of the best servers I have ever had. She was very knowledgable and helpful. The omelette station person (I am sorry I forgot her name) always cooked our fresh omeletts and delicious waffles perfectly, just to our liking. The buffet line was always well stocked, fresh and hot changing a few items every day.
Even the beach staff (Eddie and Kyle) catered to all of our needs. Running to set up umbrellas and checking on any of our needs. Explaining all about the sail boats and wave runners which we rented. Truly polite and helpful.
The spa experience was overall great with our own semi private pool area. But the lunch and lunch service really needs to be improved (Hint just use the food from RIVA).
Another area that need to be improved is the Sea Bar. The bar service was bad. The drinks were watered down and we were ignored several times. I beleive it to be a bar management problem, that needs to be corrected.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David P
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stay here once a year for a week at a time with my husbands work. Large convention - lots of people come - upon check in today there was a error in our room reservations - Wes at the front desk cleared it all up within a few minutes- he was quick, courteous, and had a nice smile too! Kudos to Wes!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My son, and I stayed at the Harbour Beach Fort Lauderdale Resort and Spa, from June 5th. to June 9th. I have to say it was the best experience ever. We had a beautiful room over looking the city, which was perfect. The room was well equipped, very clean, and the beds were so comfortable. The beach is amazing, with lots of chairs, the pool is amazing, also with no problem getting a chair. They have servers, so you can order drinks, or food, and have them brought right to you poolside. The resort is like a down South resort. ( only better). We were so impressed with ALL the staff. We have never passed a staff member without them having a big smile, and a good morning, or how is your day going, and all doors being opened for you. Just amazing.
The Lobby Ambassador ( Emily Noriega ) is such a sweet , caring, professional , wonderful Girl. She even sent us chocolate coated strawberries, and a picture frame for a keepsake, on our first day. If I were to rate our experience there from 1-10, I would rate it a 15. FYI= It is very close to the cruise port for those going on a cruise, and is very close to some great shopping. GREAT JOB MARRIOTT !

Room Tip: I Liked the city view