“Excellent vacation at a great property”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stay at Marriott fairly religiously for work and it is always hit or miss in regards to the property and customer service. Overall it is mostly fine. That being said, I was very impressed with both the property and courteousness of the staff at this resort. Upon arrival we were greeted with smiles and the doorman took all of our luggage while we checked in which is standard. They had complimentary bottles of water (on ice) in the valet area. Nice touch! We arrived around 3:30 and learned the room wasn't going to be ready for a little while so we were given an account card and left our luggage to go explore the property and have a late lunch. Before leaving the desk I was informed that I had been upgraded to a full ocean view! Thanks! After grabbing a bite we came back and grabbed our room key to head up. Well what an amazing view our room had! The room itself was clean with comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. Everything you would expect from a Marriott. There was a large convention going on while we were there so I thought the service might suffer, but it didn't. Room service was rather quick as well as the service in the restaurants and bar. I didn't use the spa so I can't comment on that, but the fitness center has everything you need.As for the pool, it was so nice. The poolside service was expedient and friendly. If you want to go to the beach it's only a few steps away with showers to rinse off the sand when you come back. There's also a little tiki bar on the beach! We were there on July 4th and it was packed! We took our sweet time getting down to the pool (like everyday) only to find that there wasn't a chair available in the entire area. And it wasn't even noon. We had met Maya earlier in the week and she was very engaging. You could tell she really enjoyed her job and meeting people. She noticed my son and I standing there wondering what we were going to do and came over. Within a few minutes she had two chairs brought down in the front row by the pool right under some palm trees. She also offered a large umbrella if we needed it but the palm trees were fine. She really went out of her way to make our day enjoyable. We spent 5 nights here and had such a great time. I will definitely be back and would highly recommend this place! Even if it's just for a night before a cruise. I met a lot of people that were there for that reason. Oh and the food is great too!! Can't forget that! Try the smoked fish dip!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,104)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I would agree with a lot of the other comments. Friendly all around, from the minute we arrived to the day we departed. The lobby is always busy, but it was never too crowded or had we needed to wait long for assistance. The restaurants food and service were excellent. The pool and beach is a great amenity that we frequent the most during our stay. My wife and I were comfortable letting my two children explore the hotel grounds on their own. They hosted games for the children. And for playing, my kids were surprised with milk and cookies one evening. Breakfast room service arrived ontime. Plenty of chairs on the beach and pool (Although, it got really crowded on July 4th). During our stay, I believe there was a professional convention.. everyone seem to be very relax and polite. Cab ride to and from the airport was about $20. Boward Convention Center was $10. The bathroom and room furniture can use an upgrade but the experience made up for it.

Room Tip: Beach or pool facing rooms was nice. We can see how crowded it was before we headed out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Friendly, helpful staff from valet to front desk to housekeeping. Great location with a private beach. I was here for work, but my 16 year old son had plenty to do. After arriving in our room, I found we had one king bed when I needed two beds. Called and the staff worked hard to find me another oceanfront room with two beds.

Room Tip: Remember an ocean view room is different than an ocean front room so make sure your expectations are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Patrick M, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent experience. Please be assured that we are reviewing the items you noted and taking steps to improve as we move forward. Thanks again for your feedback and your business.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Definitely some great things about the property. Location was right on the beach, and there were always plenty of chairs. Towels were freely available to guests, as well as jugs of fruity water along the pool. The service was excellent all around: one of the quickest and smoothest valet operations I've seen. Everyone was very kind and service-oriented, from the front desk staff to the housekeepers. The 3030 restaurant was also excellent and far exceeded hotel-quality food, but you'll definitely pay for the quality.

Cons: Hotel felt more like a conference center that happened to host beach vacationers. The lobby was well-kept but quite tight. You'll always feel like you're in someone's way or just a little out of place. Elevators were slow at times, and the rooms paid tribute to the 80's. Décor and furniture were updated, but the bathrooms, balconies, and walls showed their age.

Would I stay again? Maybe, but if you're looking for a no-frills beach escape or on a budget, I'd try the Courtyard or another property along route A1A.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room if you want to see the water or sunrise. If it's not your thing, you c...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JCharlesRobert, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our service and the amenities at the Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we have discussed your concerns with our leadership team, and will take the necessary corrective actions to provide a great experience to our vacationers while we also host meetings.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spent two nights on business, basically just sleeping here. Lobby/Bar was packed w conference attendees both evenings. Pool closed at night but decent exercise facilites, great beach location. Easy 10 minute drive to FLL airport. Staff tries to be helpful at front desk, and staff very visible in lobby in morning to assist if needed. Didn't find a concierge lounge but starbucks near lobby was convenient. Fairly deep beach made for a pleasant way to unwind at night, and had a sizeable room that had been recently redone. Shower shows age of hotel but furnishings were in good shape.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davidandrose1
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this room in advance , tought i had a beautiful oceanview to end with a view on a big white wall not really a oceanview but partial oceanview ! Tried to have another room but there was none cause they overbook this hotel and give more credit to those on a business trip . Room is small and outdated and too much pricey . Thel location and pool is ok and restaurant also but still pricey for what you have . The worst two nights of my 2 weeks vacation hopefully i wasnt at this hotel for two weeks ! I will never return to this hotel again .

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Martin H
JCharlesRobert, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and sharing your experience with the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Martin. you are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Resident Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Marriott Beach 4 years ago for a conference. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I enjoyed the private beach and beach bar. There are plenty on-site activities also. I stayed for just 1 night with my boyfriend and it was a comfortable, relaxing stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple