Do not stay here if you are looking for a relaxing, full service Marriott Resort experience.
This location should be renamed the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Local Members Club & Conference Center. The hotel sells Club memberships, which means people who live locally buy into the Club and can use the pool, pool bar, restaurants, beach amenities (chairs, umbrellas) - and they can bring friends! You can already guess what that does to the pool, pool bar, and beach area. Blown up.
Wanna guess who the pool bar and Sea Level restaurant staff (including those that roam the pool area) cater to? Yep - the people they see every weekend, the people they know by name, the steady source of tip income. Resort guests get service when time allows. After standing at the bar for 5 minutes, I had to interrupt a conversation between a bartender and members just to get us drinks. We were even skipped in the wait for a table because the hostess knew members, and accidentally forgot to check the wait list. It's not that the staff were rude, they just paid lots of extra attention to the club members they know, and thus as guests, we had to constantly push to get even a basic level of service.
Saturday and Sunday were awful. It got a little better on Monday, but by then, we had enough and were ready to leave.
The pool, beach, and overall facility is very nice. Rooms are average Marriott. The hotel staff at front desk, bell stand, and concierge were great. But we came to a beach resort for a reason, and the staff we encountered most were just too busy with the Club members to make our stay comfortable and relaxing.
I have use Marriott company hotels for all business and personal travel for 19 years. Rarely have a bad experience, but this one topped the list of bad so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the crisp ocean air and soak up sunshine from Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Our hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida offers the perfect setting to enjoy an oceanside vacation. We sit right along a quarter-mile of private beach, providing tranquility and a tropical atmosphere near exciting Las Olas Boulevard and close to Fort Lauderdale airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Harbor Beach
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Ft Lauderdale