“Fun in the Sun & Steps from the Action”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Sun shimmering off sparkling sand, late night turtle walks, pristine beaches, free pool side cookies, impeccable service, excellent cuisine are my favorite parts of the Marriott Harbor Beach. In addition they have a great ocean watermark complete with parasailing, Hobie Cats and wave runners. You can participate by the hour or purchase blocks of fun time. The rooms are stellar. Fort Lauderdale Beach and all the action is just steps from the hotel. Although why would you want to leave paradise? Be sure to bring your wallet because this hotel will pinch it, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: I opted for the city view but for a bit more you can wake up to Sunrise over the Atlantic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,067)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

my husband and i recently spent four nights at this resort in an oceanfront room. the service was outstanding, the staff goes above and beyond in response to any request. the pool and beach are wonderful. the restaurants, while quite good, were overpriced. but there are great places to eat all over the area. i would give it five stars but, like all resorts, it is very pricey. there is a fee for EVERYTHING. but i would definitely recommend it - its lovely and the staff can't be beat.

Room Tip: if you go for two queen beds instead of a king, your room will be larger. oceanfront isn't real...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ftlaudergail
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Do not stay here if you are looking for a relaxing, full service Marriott Resort experience.
This location should be renamed the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Local Members Club & Conference Center. The hotel sells Club memberships, which means people who live locally buy into the Club and can use the pool, pool bar, restaurants, beach amenities (chairs, umbrellas) - and they can bring friends! You can already guess what that does to the pool, pool bar, and beach area. Blown up.
Wanna guess who the pool bar and Sea Level restaurant staff (including those that roam the pool area) cater to? Yep - the people they see every weekend, the people they know by name, the steady source of tip income. Resort guests get service when time allows. After standing at the bar for 5 minutes, I had to interrupt a conversation between a bartender and members just to get us drinks. We were even skipped in the wait for a table because the hostess knew members, and accidentally forgot to check the wait list. It's not that the staff were rude, they just paid lots of extra attention to the club members they know, and thus as guests, we had to constantly push to get even a basic level of service.
Saturday and Sunday were awful. It got a little better on Monday, but by then, we had enough and were ready to leave.
The pool, beach, and overall facility is very nice. Rooms are average Marriott. The hotel staff at front desk, bell stand, and concierge were great. But we came to a beach resort for a reason, and the staff we encountered most were just too busy with the Club members to make our stay comfortable and relaxing.
I have use Marriott company hotels for all business and personal travel for 19 years. Rarely have a bad experience, but this one topped the list of bad so far.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Rob M
cadene r, Executive Office at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa.

You indicated in your response that your stay was not staisfactory.Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concern so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Cadene Reid
Executive Assistant

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here for one week for a beach trip. Their private beach is nice and has a lot more area than the beaches on the boardwalk area. The swimming pool is large and well maintained also. The only downside is the food is quite pricey and at Poolside, you wait a long time to get seated and get your food. The staff is very helpful. It is out of the way. We walked to the boardwalk area, but it was a bit of a hike. They don't have an airport shuttle. They do charge for parking, but it is mentioned right on their website so you should be prepared for that if you do have a car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ok, so the title of my review is important will explain.
Checked in on Wed 07/16..was lucky enough to have our room before noon.
Girl that checked us in was void of showing anything...not rude, but not friendly.
Anyway..off to our room. Mark our Bell man was WONDERFUL. Very friendly, and just warm. He saw our beach chairs and mentioned that they were complimentary on the beach...So i called the front desk (third time asking this question), and was told that the chairs at the beach are $25.00 PER CHAIR. I asked he again...and she clarifed, yes 25 per chair, umbrella 15.00. Ridiculous...so we proceeded to lug our beach chairs to the beach ...come to find out the chairs ARE COMPLIMENTARY..ughh..
.umbrellas are 15.00 and the clams are much more...Our room was very nice...2 dbl beds, balcony.
On one of my calls to have a refridgerator added to the room, i was told by staff that there are mini fridge/bar. We could take our things out etc. I asked if there was a frige avail..told NO. NO micro either.
Well, on the way to the room...we see a real mini fridge being removed, and that they did have them available for 25.00 at that point, its clear the staff does not know the property ammenities very well. Unusual for Marriott. This property has just about everything extra, parking etc. I was with a group..so we had a special price for parking. Thank goodness.

The lobby bar has excellent desserts and coffee. Very different and delicious we had a banana tart thing with dulce de leche ice cream, others had cayenne ice cream, etc...they were worth it for sure.

The beach attendants were very friendly and attentive.

would definately go back/...

Room Tip: Pick one with a balcony...nice to have extra space. Balcony chairs are comfortable...
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and myself were at the Hotel for a Convention this weekend. I was very upset with the hidden cost the Hotel added to my bill that was not there when we left . Other surprises - when we arrived at the Hotel we had to pay for parking in the room the refrigerator was filled with liquor - other drinks & snacks with a price amount on the door of the refrigerator. We left it all alone. In order for the staff to empty the contents of the refrigerator the cost would have been $25. To go to the beach to get a chair there would be a charge. The prices in the restaurant were out of sight. When I returned home there was an alert from AMEX regarding a different amount on my bill that was - as I already mentioned - not there when we left the Hotel. I am in contact with AMEX regarding this matter and they are working with me on this. I called the Hotel and was told by the clerk they put an extra $75 on the bill and are not required to let anyone know that the extra charge is being added to the bill. It would - in the event of no other charges being on the final bill - be removed. I thought I had a final bill when I left. I am writing this review to let others know of the surprises we had when we arrived. I do not expect to ever hear back from the GM regarding this review. It was a very disappointing experience for us. I hope my review helps others with the little hidden costs this Hotel surprised us with.

4  Thank Nanapapa23
cadene r, Executive Office at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback about your last visit with us here at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. Our goal is to create wonderful lasting memories, and we have fallen short of your expectations.
Allow me to sincerely apologize for our short coming for not informing you about the $75 hold per night on your card. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Cadene Reid
Executive Assistant

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Both of my stays here have been work related and both have been superb. The food is awesome, the beach is perfect, staff are 100% there for you. A few restaurants are within walking distance but not many.
Tons of activities all around. Including fish tours, yacht tours. HUGE cruise boats leave on and off all days.

Stayed: July 2014