“This was our third stay at Bahia Mar Beach Resort and we'll keep going back”

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Whitby, Canada
“This was our third stay at Bahia Mar Beach Resort and we'll keep going back”
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We stayed at the Bahia Mar Beach Resort for four nights February 14-18th. As in previous stays we had a wonderful time. The resort is in a perfect location at the Marina where I would recommend taking a water taxi to various locations in Fort Lauderdale. The beach is directly across the A1A and there is a walkway from the hotel which goes over the road to the sand. It's a short walk to Las Olas Blvd where there are numerous outdoor/indoor restaurants and shops. The hotel staff are amazing, they really make every effort to make sure you are happy with your choice for your stay and if there is a problem they fix it for you. This hotel is very well looked after, the rooms are clean and spacious, the pool area is excellent. Our overall experience during our three stays here is we're delighted with our choice and we'll keep coming back and have no problem recommending it to others.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoseyWhitby_Ontario

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ontario
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I recently took a group of 32 friends on a cruise. We decided to go a couple of days early and after much searching and reading reviews I booked the Bahia Mar. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel had all our rooms ready even though we arrived way before check in time. The front desk staff was excellent and handled our check in quickly and professionally . Rooms were nice, clean and yes the beds extremely comfortable. Breakfast at the hotel is pricey but there are lots of beachfront restaurants within walking distance that you could go to. Also want to thank Pilar at groups booking for being so helpful and making this trip so successful. Would certainly return to this hotel again when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
cincinnati
Reviewed 12 March 2010

i recently stayed here for a few days. It was okay for a few days but I would not stay there for a week. I stayed in the connecting hotel across the parking lot and did find the room to be run down and in need of updating but it was clean. Room was missing a fridge and that was handled promptly when I called.

It is across from the public beach and does have a pool. A little grungy but okay. Beach was a public beach and all that comes with it. If I was planning a week long family stay it would be to Lagomar with the private beach.

I also thought the desk staff and people in the Breezes restaurant to be rude and very unfriendly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I have stayed at the Bahia Mar before, and this stay was better than those. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, view was great (I received a free upgrade from marina view to partial ocean view from the front desk staff, as the nonsmoking room I requested was not available in the type of room I reserved), and the front desk staff were very attentive. I did not use any of the other hotel amenities, as I was only there overnight, but what I did use was very good. My only complaint would have been that the TV remote seemed to have low batteries - but that barely registers a blip on my radar screen, and I stay in a good number of hotels.

As an aside, I would recommend staying in the Tower at Bahia Mar, as the rooms are generally better.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I have been staying at the Bahia Mar for over 8 years. Have come with family, friends & sometimes getaway with husband. The Suites are just beautiful and have just gotten better over the years. The city lights, waterways & ocean views are spectacular. I have eaten at the restaurant on site, it was reasonably priced & excellent. My favorite memory was when I brought my 12 year old grandson and ordered him room service. The look on his face will be with me forever. It was his first time for such and he felt like a king. He also made good use of the pool & internet service. I have such good memories of this motel and I have stayed in plenty here in Fort Lauderdale over the years. My husband & I live on the other coast so this is a great getaway. Plan on returning very soon.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
ill
Reviewed 4 March 2010

being in the service industry, i was quite impressed with the staff at this location.
greeted promptly when checking, out and whenever i came by, by all.

food by the pool was great to say the least.

5 computers in the lobby was a nice touch.

located short cab ride to cuise ships.

will use this hotel/resort everytime i go to florida which is at least 1 time per year.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 27 February 2010

To sum up my experience with this hotel: we booked a block of oceanview rooms for a wedding party. When my wife (the matron of honor) and I arrived to check in, we were told that the room we had reserved was not available and offered an inferior room four floors away from the rest of our party. In compensation for this, the front desk staff offered us a "free" breakfast for one day and--get this--to let us pay the lower rate for the room we were getting instead of the rate for the room we had reserved.

How magnanimous.

About the rooms, there isn't much to say except that the decor was dated and the walls were cracked and amateurishly patched. Oh, and there was a sign in the bathroom stating that the discolored water wasn't harmful per the Florida Department of Health. That was charming.

My lasting memory of the Bahia Mar Beach "Resort" was on the morning of the last day when we went to claim our "free" breakfast. (Even this turned out to be deceptive as the discount coupon didn't cover the full cost of the standard buffet.) Without exaggeration, every table I saw pay was using one of the discount coupons that management was handing out to disgruntled guests.

And on the way out, there was a line at least 10 people deep at the front desk.

All the clerks were occupied with customers who were complaining.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple