“Great location, needs renovation.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Calgary
“Great location, needs renovation.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

Beyond its just across the A1A and the south end of the beach. Its was close to the port for us and was a $15 cab ride from the cruise port and around $15 to the airport.

The hotel lobby was nice. I would give it a 3 star. Once you get to the elevator and hallways and rooms, it gets dirty and worn looking. Stains on carpets, our curtains had a big rip in them, air conditioning vent was packed with dust. Noisy from hallways and exterior windows were not cleaned. Tub was rusted on the drain, tiles worn, vanity needed repair, carpet was dirty in the room. Elevator was vandalized, dated and for some reason really slow. I think you get the point.

We got an online deal for $129 a night Marina view. The view was excellent, it had marine and beach view. Also the Jungle Queen cruise was a stones throw away.

Relaxed by the pool and it had a nice beach bar at it.

Check-in was difficult. They mixed up my name with a previous guest that checked in under my name. The only reason I caught it was the nightly rate was different then I saw it wasn't even my name. My last name was spelt a bit different but the first names were not even close.

Even at a discounted rate I would not return, I would like to try something a little more North on the beach.

Check parking rates. We didn't have a car but they looked steep to me.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank calkirko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Springfield, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

We greatly enjoyed our stay. Walkway across busy street to the beach and a walkway to the pool, which is heated! Rooms are nice and roomy. Staff is helpful.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

I will never stay here again, or recommed this hotel to anyone. The room prices seemed reasonable, however after the $20/day parking fee and taxes we spent much more than originally intended. In addition, and ever a worse problem was the fact that we had a non-smoking room that smelled like an ashtray. I asked to be moved, which request could not be accomodated, so someone was sent to disinfect our room. There was no point to that because the smoke and ash smell was too overpowering. The only highlights to the stay was the proximity to the beach/restaurants, and the pool area (which was over-run by out of control children and very dirty). The staff was friendly, but unable to do anything to modify an aweful hotel stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2010

My best friend and I stayed here for my birthday from 3/26 - 3/28 . It is in a great location ... steps to the beach, nice walk way over the street traffic, lots of nice lil shops and resturants in the area. The hotel it self is very nice, with nice modern amenities. The pool is AWSOME..heated just a bit it was freakin amazing. Nice bar and always a seat by the pool. also a great view from up there. One minor grip i had was room service. It took almost and hour to get some soda and beer from room service and when it came it was warm? why? is it not stored cold? and why not just put stuff in the mini bar and make things easier. fridge came in handy for a late night snack or leftovers. All in all this is a nice hotel and for the price we paid a great value. I agree with other reviews , if you pre book they usually do stick you in the other building not the main one but it didn't bother us. I'm sure i'll be back!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Ft Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

Best rate for Fort Lauderdale beach front hotel. We were upgraded upon arrival to a partial ocean view king room instead of a courtyard double when we told the staff it was an anniversary. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and the location is perfect. We were able to use the hotel valet and spend 2 entire days at the beach, beach parking at this time of year can be up to 18 a day, so it was quite a savings. If you are used to the fancy Marriott's and such, this is not it, but for families or the not so picky traveler it is very nice.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

For all the hotels I've stayed at good and bad this one earned "worst". The advertised pictures and amenities are not a reality - the hotel is old, the staff are worn by disgruntled guests, the atmosphere is unpleasant, you pay dearly for everything - parking is well overpriced, if you choose to eat on site you will be grossly overcharged, the facilities are in poor condition, there is virtually no WIFI except in the lobby if you are lucky, and the other reviews are accurate when they say that you will likely be moved across the parking lot to a separate building if you pre-book. If that happens you will likely have partying drunks in groups unmonitored and loud keeping you awake all night. I could go on with more but if this has not made an impression by now I'm wasting my time! If you value peoples reviews please take this one seriously - I will NEVER stay here again and I think nobody else should either until a new owner does a staff and building total makeover!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

When I was trying to book a hotel for my trip with my mom I was shocked to see that anything around three stars was going to cost me - at least- $200 per night. (Silly me didn't even realize I had planned our trip during Spring Break!). I came upon The Bahia Mar Resort on this very website and has thrilled to discover they had a "get the 4th night free" deal applicable to my stay.

Checking in was very easy. The room was tidy and had a nice view of both the Marina and the Atlantic Ocean. The pool area was very nice, with plenty of complimentary towels and lounge chairs for the guests. There is a pedestrian bridge connecting the hotel and the beach which made enjoying the sun very easy. The location right on the Marina gives the guests instant access to the Jungle Queen Cruise, fishing trips or the water taxis.

The first two days we had all our meals on Las Olas Boulevard but after lots of fried food we decided to try the hotel's Deli. The food was fresh, tasty and, to our surprise, very cheap!

I would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Fort Lauderdale. I have personally stayed in several hotels in the area like the Hyatt and the Marriott Beachplace Towers. I can honestly say that the Bahia Mar offers the best value for your money.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family