Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
US$298
US$234
US$122
US$268
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$144
US$165
US$142
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
Official Site
US$167
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$218
US$228
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
4,279 results
All reviewsacross the streetwater taxiwarm cookiesconvenience storepartial ocean vieweasy access to the beachpool barlauderdale beachan older hotelrestaurants and shopsfitness centerlas olasocean frontspring breakpre cruisecruise portft
Reviewed 23 April 2010

I stayed at the Bahia Mar for two nights. I was thrilled with the waterfront room as well as the amenities offered. It's so easy to walk across the overpass to get to the beach. The little deli there had fresh healthy food, and everything everywhere was sparkling clean. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2010

great value! awesome location, comfy beds, would stay again!

Reviewed 21 April 2010

I can't say enough how much I enjoyed my time and experience at the Bahia Mar Beach Resort in Ft Lauderdale FL. Our room was clean and spacious, we had a nice few of the marina and the city ... especially at night it was quite beautiful! We were given a room with a large spacious bathroom, and were even given additional time to check out when we asked. The best part was that we received all this for $94 per night before taxes. That was what really sold me on the experience. It was right next to the road running along the beach. We could not have asked for a better location.

~David Lewis

Reviewed 20 April 2010

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! I am not a complainer but this hotel was a nightmare. I booked this hotel by calling them directly about an hour before we arrived. When we arrived, they didn't have the room that we requested so they downgraded us to a room and dropped the price by $15. When we got to the room it smelled like mildew so I called the front desk and they moved us to an even lower downgraded room. Nothing too impressive in the room, the website makes them look so much nicer.

We woke up the next morning with bed bug bites all over us!!! We were so distraught and disgusted! We tried to speak to a manager but there wasn't one "on duty" at the time. I called they hotel and left several messages but no one ever returned my phone calls. The person taking the message told me that they would have some call me right away that it was an urgent matter but its been 5 days and still haven't heard from anyone. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank BrittSulli83
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I chose Bahia Mar based on the recommendation of the owner I was doing business with that weekend in Fort Lauderdale, and our transaction was at the Bahia Mar. Plus, I thought the great deal of a Court Yard view and Breakfast was good, that way I did not have to worry about breakfast for my child or myself the following morning.

Yes, they do state on the INTERNET the Court Yard view in in the Marina Building. If you have never been there before, that sounds great. The Marina Building was built in 1966 (yes, it looks like an old motel.....and no offense to the motel industry). It has 1 elevator, has 4 floors, and is a little hike from the lobby.

All photos I have seen of the Bahia Mar on the INTERNET are of the main facility built in 1975. It is about 14 to 15 stories tall, and has that modern state of the art look.

Was I surprised upon check-in that I was staying in the facility across the parking lot. Then when I got there, since the person who checked me in did not inform me where the elevator was....I wondered "what the heck is this?" So the first guest I saw come through the doors I entered, I asked where the elevators were? His response was "there aren't any!"

At that point, you can tell, this is not going well. I marched across the parking lot with my son and + 70 year old mother to ask them how they expect patrons to get to the upper levels with luggage without an elevator. Upon getting a different check-in person (who was real nice by the way), they provided me with information as to where the elevator for the Marina Building is. Now why didn't the person who checked me in do that!?!?!?!

The elevator for the Marina Building is a small hydraulic elevator. Don't expect for it to go fast or hold more than 2 people with luggage. I must admit the cleaning staff in the Marina Building was nice.

The thought of thinking I was going to get one thing and ending up with something completly different just set a bad tone for my stay.

The next morning, I was at breakfast (since I paid for the bed and breakfast package), I presented the nice tall lady (I think her name is Cyrise) with my voucher for 'bed and breakfast. She indicated it was for only one person. Again, I go to the lobby to find out what is going on. They tell me my 13 year old child eats from the Children's menu. Though the restaurant has a buffet, we all know, 13 year olds can eat since they are growing. I am instructed "the child can eat from the children's menu or I pay for the buffet". If I had known that, I never would have gotten the 'bed and breakfast package', just gotten the basic room offer with my AAA discount and be done with them. Yes, I was furious!!!!!

Upon returning to the restaurant, I choose to let my child eat from the buffet with the voucher and I just had juice until it was time for me to go take care of my business. I must admit, Cyrise was the most of all associated with that facility that made any interaction the most memorable.

I WILL NEVER STAY at the Bahia Mar resort AGAIN, but if tall Cyrise (trust me, she is one in a million in that restaurant) I would visit the facility (restaurant) just for her.

You know, if they would just tell/show you the Marina Building before booking on-line, I don't think there would be a problem. But since they show you that tall nice moder structure (built in 1975), it is misleading. It is mid-April (6 weeks later) and to this date, after sharing my thoughts on their "we want to hear from you comment card", the Bahia Mar's management still has not contacted me regarding my stay. That in my opinion is a poor way to run a business

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family