“Great venue for weddings!”

B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great venue for weddings!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

When we got engaged we decided that we wanted our wedding reception to be somewhere at the beach. We looked at a lot of hotels up and down Fort Lauderdale beach, some very nice and some not so much. When we walked into the Sheraton we really liked the modern feel and friendly staff. We were greeted by the event coordinator Nydia and she showed us around. She was very friendly and walked us through all of the possible details that our wedding could have and showed us multiple locations for the different events of the wedding. We ended up choosing to have our wedding at the Sheraton mainly because we liked the property and because we felt very comfortable with Nydia! When we went for the tasting we were blown away! We were greeted by Nydia and the Chef and were treated like a king and queen! The food was amazing and the Chef explained each portion to us. On the day of the wedding as we entered the hotel to take our pictures before the cocktail hour we were greeted by Nydia's assistant Michelle who was there to make sure that we had everything that we needed for the day. She kept our drinks full and handled every request we needed. We were too busy on the wedding day to explain to Nydia and Michelle where we wanted all of the decorations that we dropped off the night before but they assured us that they already handled it and that the room was ready! As we entered the room we were blown away! They did a fantastic job! During the reception the wait staff was very professional and all of our guests commented on how good the service and food was! After the reception was over we went to our room and were amazed! We had an ocean view suite and Nydia and Michelle left food for us and put all of our gifts inside and our cards in the safe! We were very thankful to have chosen to have our wedding reception at the Sheraton and we couldn't have asked for a better staff to help us along the way! The Sheraton is an iconic Fort Lauderdale beach hotel and has been remolded beautifully!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear VinnyH21: What a great review! We are flattered by all of your kind comments about the hotel, staff, and outlets during your wedding weekend here at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are honored to have been a part of such a special occasion full of memories that will last forever. Thank you again for sharing such a lovely review and we look forward to your next visit back to beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Miami
Reviewed 3 September 2013

All the staff was wonderful but I
wanted to give special recognition to Megan Beaudet from the house keeping dept/lobby staff who works hard and with dedication keeping the area very clean and neat. The room was also very clean however kind of far from the pool and beach, it was the Marina tower. Overall the experience was very nice and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had read the reviews, I was not expecting much, and this time I told myself I would take what they give me and not complain. Upon arrival, a very friendly attendant took care of me and informed me that I had been upgraded to a room with a view. I did have to wait about 15 minutes for it to be ready.. "Well worth the wait, I promise" , she said, "you can sit down in our lobby and use the Internet, and as you are a platinum member, it's free" she said...but since I was not assigned my room number yet, it could not work. "Sorry" she replied.
Then she gave me my key and I was up on the fourth floor, I could see from the comments that the elevators and the hallways were in dire need of renovations, then I open my door...to my minuscule decrepit room...depressing is the word that came into my mind. Ok, the view was nice, but the room.... Besides not giving me the feeling of being clean, I found things in the bathroom I did not like to see....as I was determined not to complain, I cleaned the toile pt bowl and moved on.

The famous sleeper bed that I am accustomed to has probably not had its mattress changed in quite a while...but if you stay really in the center of the bed, it was ok..but don't move as you will roll off....good that I was alone on this trip.

The walls are paper thin, so bring your ear plugs...I know the stories and nightly activities of both my neighboring rooms...a real soap opera.

In the end I tried to be in my room only to shower, change, and sleep.

Btw, there is no fridge in the room , which for a resort type hotel is quite odd...how do these families cope? Even a simple motel room has a fridge.

I read that they had a new tower... And if that's the case, and you really want to stay here, I would insist on it...although I have not seen these rooms.

On the up side, I have never encountered such friendy staff, everywhere from the lobby to the breakfast and by the pool....too bad for the rooms. I have been to many hotels in the area from the SPG group and compared to the others, this one is shameful. Imagine this staff in a decent hotel, wow.,,,because for sure they are taking the brunt of all these complaints everyday, and yet they remain to be so friendly,

My final recommendation....if you want a motel room, go to a motel, it will be much cheaper. If you want a hotel room with what a hotel room should give you, there are far better options in Fort Lauderdale than this one. Before going back there, they would have to do some major renovations.

Room Tip: Tell them you want the new rooms....but I am still not sure they exist.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Daniel3282
Dear Daniel3282: We are sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience during your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We will ensure all problems you experienced are addressed and further discussed with our management team. Thank you for also sharing what you enjoyed most, which was the service provided by our wonderful staff. We appreciate your comments and feedback and do hope you may consider staying with us again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'm presently a guest at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort writing this review in my room there are seven of us traveling together, we were in Miami a few weeks ago stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, so my brothers wanted to try something directly on the beach. Bad move!!! Upon arriving we asked for an upgrade(only after reading the reviews), everyone is very polite and is happy to give an upgrade,but it's all a ploy/trick to make you feel that you are getting a better quality than expected. Upon entering the room it reminded me of an old motel that needs to be Renovated. Don't get me wrong the view we had overlooking the yatch club is great!!! but comparing this to our past experience a few weeks back this place does not live up to it's name. All showers have very low water pressure,the windows do not open so if u don't like
Using AC. in your room too bad, the rooms are small with cheap furnishings, and no free Wifi!!!! Hello everywhere has free wifi even Mcdonalds!!! The food in their restaurant is overpriced and very average. I was later told the Westin spa and Beach Resort was a much higher end hotel a five and a half star. This hotel was considered a three star,What?? If you're use to a certain
standard it's difficult to go down. If you do not care about the fancy service and small details you can stay here but if ur looking for that extra service,elegance and personal care this is not the spot. The place is clean and a polite staff but does not live up to the Sheraton 's name. We will be heading to the Westin Spa and Beach Resort for breakfast tomorrow. Hope to get a room there until the end of our stay or we will try the Crowne Plaza Hollywood beach. Don't be fooled
by the pictures.

Room Tip: Research ur hotel on line do not be fooled by the pics.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Shary S: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has a memorable experience and the feedback you provided will help us to improve our product and the services we offer to our guests. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much better stay!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We are absolutely thrilled with the service we received from Melissa this week (aug 26-30th) & Nicole from the Beach & Bar Grill as well. All of the staff has been wonderful, but these ladies really went the extra mile to accomodate our needs. We appreciate their hard work & devotion to customer service. We just want to say thank you so much! You made our stay at the Sheraton the best!

• Stayed August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel and enjoyed the location and, especially, the wonderful staff at the hotel.
The rooms are very spacious and we stayed at the beach tower, with a full view of the ocean. The pool is also right on the beach and you can go back and forth if you want to enjoy both possibilities. The staff will bring towels and lawn chairs to the sand for you and all you have to do is relax.
The location is great and within walking distance from Las Olas Boulevard, with all the restaurants and fine stores. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

So we went there for a week vacation (with a little doggy). It was nice that it was pet-friendly and free of additional charges. The room we had was nice, oceanview with balcony, everything I wanted... I wanted to feel like I was in the Bahamas and it did that for me (ok the beach was not AS beautiful but it was pretty ok). What a nice feeling when you wake up in the morning and the beach is in front of you. So a great Beach Hotel I have to say. And they also have chairs and service at the beach, how convenient is that! The beach was really clean. And we really had our own spot for the hotel guests. There is also 2 swimming pools... one by the beach (infinite pool with a bar) and another little one. I wish there was some spots for adults only because there was a lot of kids and I didn't find that "peace" I was looking for at the pool. They have the Wreck Bar where there is a Mermaids show. Also, they have the Dos Caminos restaurant which has great guacamole and 0.50$ mimosa on sunday brunch! The hotel service overall is very helpful and nice. When we asked for something, we usually got it right away. There is self-parking in their garage, but it is 20$/day and the spots are rather tight... so you better be a good parker. Otherwise they also offer valet parking for 25$/day. You have free wi-fi in the lobby only. Extra charge if it's in your room. Try to check for their weekly special events schedule because they do have some activities. We missed the wine tasting... bummer! I liked that they had recycle bin in the room... i'm all for eco-friendly places! Also, you can skip the room cleaning for 5$ voucher (per day) you can use at the hotel restaurants/stores. Finally, my little doggy got the chance to go on the beach and have a little swim... it is not pet-friendly per say but I saw a few dogs just walking by the beach and it was great! It is not a brand-new hotel (they might need some renovation) but overall, very pleasant and clean!

Room Tip: oceanview with a balcony!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple