“OK, but 5 star breakfast”

B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 night here before boarding a Royal Caribbean Cruise. Room was decent but nothing special. We faced away from the beach but heard no traffic noise, which others have complained about. The breakfast in the Mexican restaurant is recommended!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stuart C
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Stuart C: Thank you for choosing us as your pre-cruise destination! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your one-night stay and our delightful breakfast at Dos Caminos, serving both a variety of Mexican and American breakfast entrees. We look forward to your next visit to Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,045)

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I really enjoyed my local staycation here! It's a great location right on the beach, it's also not far from downtown. There's restaurant in the hotel and outside even more to choose. I love that I can leave the car in the garage and walk or take the water taxi everywhere! A nice plus is you get to bring the puppy :) I would surely recommend to anyone who comes from near or far.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Angelsview: Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton as your staycation destination! It was great to have you and we hope your beach getaway was everything you had hoped! We look forward to seeing you again soon, whether it be for another weekend getaway or dinner at Dos Caminos, serving Mexican cuisine on the beach!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel was ok. We stayed 3 nights. We got a deal to stay here but ended up paying extra expenses ($20 a night for parking and $10. a day for internet) so it ended up not being such a great deal.

On the good side: The beds was clean and super comfortable, with large comfortable pillows....heaven! The room was clean and service was good.

Not so good: room was dated, 1980's?? And very loud. We stayed in a room that faced the beach but there is road in between. Even on the 4th floor we could hear people talking and the traffic noise was loud. The water in the bathroom was also on the yellow/greenish side? and there is not a fan in the bathroom. Trust me you need a fan because they have a very good Mexican restaurant in the hotel! They also have a beach/pool with service from the hotel. We went scuba diving one day and did not make it to the beach until about 5 but the trash cans were overflowing with cups and beer cans which was kind of sad knowing the proximity to the water.

Room Tip: If I ever stayed there again I would ask to stay on the beach side hotel to reduce the traffic noise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan P
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Susan P: Thank you for your comments about the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel; they are very much appreciated as this will help us to improve the quality of service and the product we provide to our customers. Rest assured your feedback will be shared with both our housekeeping and engineering teams. Again, thank you for your comments and review about our hotel.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Although this hotel has a wonderful staff and is located on a beautiful stretch of Fort Lauderdale's prime beach, the hotel is made of 3 mismatched buildings connected by a skyway. Some of the rooms have no view and some have excellent views of the ocean and surrounding water; however, there is nothing in the rooms made of a natural material. Formica, plastic, low ceilings, and tiny rooms. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken K

Dear Ken K: Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at our property. First of all, please accept our sincere apologies, as we were very disappointed to read that we failed to create a wow experience for you. Our goal is to make each guests visit memorable and rest assured your comments will be reviewed with our management team. We do hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you our true hospitality and the improvements we have made from your helpful feedback.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel in March for 1night, before our cruise. Princess made the reservation. I was worried as I had read many bad reviews, but was very surprised and happy with this hotel. We stayed in the Marina section. You did have to use 2 sets of elevators to get there, but it wasn't hard to do. We were right beside the elevators and did not hear them. The bed was very comfortable and they used pristine bedding. We had an ocean view and there was street noise during the day, but no problems with that at night. The furniture was very nice and the bathroom was excellent. The lady at the desk was very nice and helpful. They have beach loungers, but they put them away at 5pm. We got to the beach at 4 and they gave us an umbrella for free since we were only going to use it for 1 hour. I don't know anything about the restaurants since we were trying to save money for our cruise. But they have a place to buy food and you can eat it there or take it to your room, it was called The Link and while more money than at home was much more reasonable than a restaurant. We had a nice Ceasar salad with chicken and for breakfast we got an egg white and turkey sausage on wheat English muffin and fresh fruit. We were happy with everything. Of course you can't beat being right on the beach!

Room Tip: the Beach Tower would be nice if you are there just for the beach, you can go directly to the beach...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy C

Dear Amy C: Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel as your pre/post cruise destination. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the beautiful ocean views from your guestroom. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forwarding to your next visit to Sunny Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for 5 nights this past week. I was there to play in a hockey tournament. Many of the participants stayed at this property as well. I was fully prepared to look elsewhere prior to my arrival, based on the reviews here at Trip Advisor. Thankfully, I didn't need to.
At check-in, there was a glitch in my room reservation. It wasn't the hotel's fault, but the guest service staffer (I forget his name) did a great job working with me so that I could get into my room without delay.
The room was in the middle building. It's obvious that the building is getting old, but the room was a little bigger than normal. It was definitely dated, but was clean. The bed was very comfortable. A refrigerator was provided. The biggest issue with the room was the bathroom. It was really small, and since we had to share rooms, we were unable to leave our toiletries in the bathroom. It was just kind of inconvenient.
The public areas were very good. Beach was nice. Pool was nice. Poolside bar was nice. Meeting room was nice. Gift shop was VERY expensive, but adequate.
I didn't visit the bar, so I cannot comment on it. The restaurant.......expensive! The menu was limited, so I only ate there once. There was a nice bar at the restaurant, though. The staff was phenominal. They worked hard so that several of us would be able to watch playoff hockey.
The only real negatives were: Wi-fi. $9.95 a day is ridiculous. Most hotels that I use have free Wi-fi. It would be a good idea for this property to change that. The signal in my room was very bad as well. One of the things I've read about regarding this hotel is that the door keys don't work. I did have that happen once. Finally, the Starbucks on property was very slow and understaffed.
Lastly, the morning that I was leaving, I got to meet a very nice, very large visitor to my bathroom. I turned the light on, and there was a huge water roach on the bathroom floor. Thankfully, I was able to kill him and dispose of him, but THAT is certainly not what my perception of a Sheraton property is. That kind of killed my positive feeling for the hotel.
However, I want to reiterate that the staff at this property were wonderful. Management is to be commended for hiring the right people!

Room Tip: Middle building, fifth floor was fine. The view was good. From a hockey player's standpoint, the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jody A

Dear Jody A: Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review about your recent experience at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We greatly appreciate the positive comments about our staff service and for also mentioning the areas that could use improvement.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here after Royal Caribbean cruise round the Carribbean. Was Amazingly lovely hotel right on the beach with beach and pool boys to sort out sunbeds on their own private strip of beach and fetch drinks etc if required. Beautiful setting and all indoor areas were lovely. Our room was huge and very comfortable would def stay here again. A couple of minutes walk to the river taxis which could take you out and about, this is a lovely part of the world to explore, recommend the Everglades trip too loads of fun.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank deebee43
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear deebee43: Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed the service provided by our wonderful beach staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful beachfront hotel.