My sister and I vacationed together to celebrate her impending motherhood and 30th birthday. It was my treat so I wanted everything to be perfect. I will break down each part of my stay:
Check in: We arrived maybe 30 mins after check in time started. The line was long but the lobby was nice and comfortable. From arrival to the time we reached the check in counter was about 20 mins. After waiting 20 mins we were told that our room wasn't ready and that we could check our bags and check out the property. An hour or so later we receive a call telling us our room is ready and report back to check in counter. We are assigned a room and walk away excited to begin our vacation.
1st Room: Disgusting. View out the window was of a dark parking garage. We called up and had someone met us in the room to point out the many reasons we wanted to change rooms. Musty smell. Bloody napkin on floor. Soda stained lamp shades etc. This was a room no one had cleaned or occupied for some time.
2nd Room: Updated, beautiful view but because they were at capacity we were forced to stay in a room with a King Bed instead of the Double Queen I had originally booked. The manager seemed angry and impatient when I asked that a pull out bed be brought to the room.
3rd Room: Not as nice as the second room but it was the room type I booked so we tried to put the first 2 days of our vacation behind us and enjoy the rest of our stay.
Crowd: This hotel is pet friendly and seems to have many repeat guests. Family friendly. On our third day at the property we were accosted by an older drunk gentleman who was very chatty. The wait staff servicing the beach was very sympathetic and brought us complimentary drinks. His wife later joined him (with their yappy dog) and was pretty pissed that they were continuing to serve her hubby. Sounds horrible right? Nope! My sister and I still talk about Tony from upstate NY and his saint of a wife! He found us almost every day and shared more of his life story i.e. retiring from the sanitation department, no kids, one DUI in the beautiful state of FL. A real character.
Location: Amazing. Right on the water
Staff: Male manager was impatient angry. Housekeeper threw away a wet canvas bag we were using to take to the beach. Mostly helpful people.
Food: Eat off site. We ate breakfast one morning and it was great. The other meals (two dinners) were just average.
Overall the stay was pleasant. Tony, the location of the property and strong drinks made it a memorable trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate oceanfront experience in South Florida, look no further than B Ocean Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Located directly on the pristine white sand beach, B Ocean Resort is where you'll want to B for the ultimate beach vacation. With 486 bright and airy guest rooms and suites, B Ocean Resort features the most desirable amenities, including FreeB™ WiFi, 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, the B Active Fitness Center, and delectable dining at the famed Wreck Bar and Beach Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton