So I was very worried about staying here after reading reviews because I did not spend the extra $$ to be in the Beach tower because I didn't know. All I saw was that I had an ocean view for cheap. Well the Hotel has 3 buildings, Main tower, Beach Tower, and another tower that is across the street from the beach. I booked a ocean view balcony and ended up in the Main tower on the 5th floor. I had a beautiful view of the beach and the Main tower is on the beach side of the street, just not as close as the beach tower. Main tower about 120 or so yards and beach tower is probably 50 yards away from ocean.
The Beach tower doesn't have balcony rooms, so just be aware. But this hotel was amazing. Right next to public beach access so be cautious about a trip when school isn't in session as I imagine it gets crowded. There's a decent but pricey restraunt in the hotel, Dos Cominos which I ate at twice but there's better food in the area for cheaper.
All in all my room was very clean, there were excellent views. I was in room 512. The way the building works If you are in room 2-16 and in an even numbered room (beach side) on floor 3, 4, or 5 you will have a great view of the ocean! The odd numbers are on the street side and get wonderful sunset views.
One must do is to go to the 6th floor (elevator up to 5 and walk up the steps to 6) and go outside to the roof. It is legit and you won't get in trouble. If you'd rather you can go up to 5th floor and walk around to the street side of the hotel and you get beautiful sunset view. Also FYI parking is 20$ a day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate oceanfront experience in South Florida, look no further than B Ocean Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Located directly on the pristine white sand beach, B Ocean Resort is where you'll want to B for the ultimate beach vacation. With 486 bright and airy guest rooms and suites, B Ocean Resort features the most desirable amenities, including FreeB™ WiFi, 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, the B Active Fitness Center, and delectable dining at the famed Wreck Bar and Beach Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton